Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 4:32 pm

Programs: UAL IK;Marriott Plat Elite;Hyatt Diamond;Hilton Gold;Hertz Presidents Circle
I have been plat premier for a few years now
Old Jan 21, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
On with Marriott now

It is a free one night upgrade certificate... I had called to see if we could use it on an upcoming award stay requiring $75/nt upgrade fee and initially she had said it was n upgrade cert for the entire stay but after putting me on hold for several minutes came back and said it was just a single award cert and could be applied to one of the 24 I would need for my 8 night stay.

Guess its beter then a sharp stick in the eye.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
I confirmed the same. Not a bad perk as a Platinum differentiator. I hope this can be combined with the Visa free night cert.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Dudleydog73
It is a free one night upgrade certificate... I had called to see if we could use it on an upcoming award stay requiring $75/nt upgrade fee and initially she had said it was n upgrade cert for the entire stay but after putting me on hold for several minutes came back and said it was just a single award cert and could be applied to one of the 24 I would need for my 8 night stay.

Guess its beter then a sharp stick in the eye.
Not trying to be dense, so help me out. I got the same email. Are you saying the cert. is good for a one-night upgrade? So if I stay 2 nights, I only get upgraded for one of the nights? My apologies if I missed something, but what good is the cert. for a multi-night stay?
Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:25 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
Question

OK...nice,....i still haven't gotten it...(just the FREDDIE award vote us a 10 again..NOT!!)

BUT, as Plat/PP, don't we get upgraded anyway????
Old Jan 21, 2009, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by waltinsocal
Not trying to be dense, so help me out. I got the same email. Are you saying the cert. is good for a one-night upgrade? So if I stay 2 nights, I only get upgraded for one of the nights? My apologies if I missed something, but what good is the cert. for a multi-night stay?
Pretty much what they said as it is apparently the equivalent of a one night one room cateory upgrade award certificate that can be had for 5000 points i believe.

See here for details
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
I disagree with the benefits.

I have been a PP since the beginning of 2007. I have stayed 250-300 nights during that time. I have NOT had a suite exactly 4 times. Now, I tend to book well in advance and stay at the same hotels week in/out. However, those that weren't on my frequent itinerary still upgraded me. You just have to ask nicely. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar
Old Jan 21, 2009, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by deac83
So keep guessing, as that's all it is. The formula is unknown.
Stats are shared with the field but yes you are correct, the exact criteria isn't
Old Jan 21, 2009, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by calitequilasippergirl
I disagree with the benefits.

I have been a PP since the beginning of 2007. I have stayed 250-300 nights during that time. I have NOT had a suite exactly 4 times. Now, I tend to book well in advance and stay at the same hotels week in/out. However, those that weren't on my frequent itinerary still upgraded me. You just have to ask nicely. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar
My point is that I should not have to ask! I earned PP status, it is up to the hotel to make me happy......and when I ask I do ask nicely....but the onus is on the HOTEL to take care of its guests...not on the PP to tell them what to do. (incidentally, I am generally given an upgrade at hotels where I am NOT a frequent guest as opposed to those in which I stay often.....)
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:03 pm

Oh boy........mine just showed up....maybe they went alphabetically??? But i can only use this with an award stay??? hmmm......i have no rewards stays in my future....

i would have rather had a free night anywhere.....
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:23 pm

As I said guess its better then a sharp stick in the eye...
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:23 pm

[
But i can only use this with an award stay???
You can probably use it for any stay. It's just a one category room upgrade for one night.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:26 pm

BUT, as Plat/PP, don't we get upgraded anyway????
Only if available and if the hotel remembers and if the hotel honors it.

The free night upgrade can assure positive space. It also can be used for upgrading a second room, if you want to take the chance the primary room upgrade is complimentary when booking more than one room.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 7:12 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Gold, US AIR Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold
I received the same e-mail yesterday. Can this cert. be used at a Ritz Carlton property?

Old Jan 22, 2009, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by BigYellowDog
Only if available and if the hotel remembers and if the hotel honors it.

The free night upgrade can assure positive space. It also can be used for upgrading a second room, if you want to take the chance the primary room upgrade is complimentary when booking more than one room.
DUH....ok...MAYBE i had a little too much wine!!! now i have to decide if i WANT to use it .....Hmmm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.