Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
"PPS: At least Marriott hasn't gone down the Hertz route of selling their top levels for about $1200 (Presidents circle, the previous top level of hertz, close to the Marriott list equivalent which used to be invite only is now for sale"

Shhhh!Don't give them any ideas!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
At least PC with Hertz has documented qualifications AND quantifiable benefits. By the way, can I ask when this was an invite only? I've been PC since I believe 2003 or so and it was based on rentals or rental dollars.

Related - I believe most companies are allowing the ability to buy into their status programs, all the way to the top.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by littlevoices

However, as I always enjoy some speculation (and going off topic from the initial question), my thoughts are that Marriott would award it based on an arbitrary formula/mix of;
  • Number of nights stayed
  • Amount of revenue (room rate only)
  • Amount of revenue (incidentals / extras)
  • Number of different hotels stayed in
  • Length of time in program / at platinum
  • Taken over the past 3 years of stays
  • Perhaps also the geographical spread of stays (i.e. not all within a 200 mile radius, or worldwide stayers)
I can play the game.

- 100-150 nights
- $100-150/night
- almost zero
- On average 6-8 months at the same property, with a handful of other stays
- 12+ years, and 9+ years at Plat
- For the last 3 years the above averages hold
- Mostly in 1 or 2 locations with international stays being award stays

My guess is that it is several items and not just one or two and it's not any one item that puts a person on the list.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA-LEP,United-1K Again!, USAIR-CHRMN, MW Plat Prem, SW-Gold, Hilton-Silver, Hertz-Platnium
I'll play too ...

* Number of Nights Stayed : On average, 130-175 a year
* Amount of revenue: Average 80 - 120 until last year. Last year was 200
* Amount of revenue: Depending on hotel, average of 200 per week extra
* Number of different hotels: On average, 2-3 for work, probably another 10 for personal
* Length of time in program / at platinum: 2000/2002

Work stays are almost all domestic. Personal stays are a mixture of domestic and international.

Recieved Plat Premier in 2006 (now 2007, 2008, and 2009).

2007 135 Nights
2008 75 Nights
2009 165 Nights

Ironically, 2 months before getting it, I hard heard about it from someone at a client site, and called to ask what it was.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 5:59 am

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
Roll call for all Platinum Premier (PP)

I am interested to know how many Platinum Premier (PP) there are and who are not US based.

This a completely unscientific study and all results will be published.

Either put USA or Non-USA in your reply depending where you are based.

Thanks is advance.

SM.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 11:08 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat,SW, Hertz #1 Gold, Amtrak SP, jetBlue, et al
megtravels -US of A
Old Mar 24, 2009, 2:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

And your purpose is...?
Old Mar 25, 2009, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
Hazmike - USA
Old Mar 25, 2009, 4:35 pm

ibiza1010 in the USA
Old Mar 25, 2009, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dayone
And your purpose is...?
Seconded. And what do you mean by saying all results will be published?
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, United 1P, AA Platinum, Avis First
The thing that upsets me about this post and even the post of "platinum premier level" is that there is almost no REAL information. It seems like a lot of rants about people NOT getting it. So here's some information that I extracted from my co-worker and working around a culture of people that care about culture.

Here's what she said:

Stay over 125 nights/year (easy)
Stay at the SAME hotel
SPEND points on a nice hotel.

She told me essentially, big dollar / big name hotels will nominate people for platinum premier. So if you're courtyarding it, you're probably not gonna get it. She also told me that nearly everyone at the hotel knew her by name.

BENEFITS
Exceptions to rules - if there are no rooms available, you won't have to pay the price on the door. You can pay the reasonable rate that you typically get

Coupons - Some good deals.

Rewards - Something to the effect of discounted rewards. If you normally couldn't get a point saver reward, you all of a sudden can. Something like that.

Phone Reservation Line - A line with people that speak impeccable English, they are paid more per hour and can provide special accommodations.

I had this conversation while walking to our cubes and it was the last thing she said and I didn't ask her to explain in detail. I will ask more but she's pretty busy and I don't think she particularly cares about platinum premier. She just said, "they should clear out the whole hotel for me - I'm Platinum Premier."

Just keep in mind that Platinum Premier is a membership group that is micro-managed.

So someone try this.

Stay at a big name hotel

Log 40 STAYS / a year with that hotel with 125 nights same hotel and become buddy buddy with the general manager.

Spend your points on ...... hotels. She told me that she likes to stay at JW Marriott's or nice Renaissance's. I somehow think this matters. They don't want their plat premier people to be courtyarding or residence inning and it makes sense. There is nothing premier about courtyards, or inns.

AGE - honestly, I think age matters. They want someone that reflects real constant loyalty. Someone that will not leave Marriott for the whims of an SPG promo or Conrad discount.

I've got a lot of consultant buddies and everyone logs 150 + nights year. But everyone is switching hotels - to different marriott's in between and some are courtyarding / res inning it because they like the free internet and breakfast.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 10:39 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Interesting information, but...

Originally Posted by doclkk
... everyone logs 150 + nights year. But everyone is switching hotels - to different marriott's in between and some are courtyarding / res inning it because they like the free internet and breakfast.
My switching is primarily due to negotiated rates. I would have loved to stay exclusively at the Mayflower or the JW in DC for a solid year but if I can only get my company's rate for one week every month then I need to move around (especially when walk up rates are > 2x).
Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
They don't want their plat premier people to be courtyarding or residence inning and it makes sense.

I stayed only at a Courtyard (of course it was the NYC Midtown Courtyard @ $279-$350/night), last year and made PP for the first time after 10 years as a Plat.

Last edited by FLLUAFlyer; Apr 15, 2009 at 11:47 am Reason: Quotes
Old Apr 15, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Plat, United 1P, AA Platinum, Avis First
Originally Posted by CVCONDE
I stayed only at a Courtyard (of course it was the NYC Midtown Courtyard @ $279-$350/night), last year and made PP for the first time after 10 years as a Plat.
NYC Midtown ... nuff said.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by doclkk
NYC Midtown ... nuff said.
sorry to say your friend's belief isn't accurate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.