Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 2:16 pm

My vote goes to the Manhattan Beach Marriott as the area around the hotel is very nice and the renovated rooms are very nice and the beds in those rooms are tops.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by DevilBucsFlyer
This thread begs the question though: How can an gateway airport like LAX NOT have a concourse hotel? Seems like there's money to be made. Is it just a lack of space so they've got no room to build anything?
LAX consists of eight or nine individual freestanding terminals, arranged alongsiide a central U-shaped central roadway. A location that is good for, say, the Tom Bradley Intl. Terminal would NOT work well for a flyer in United's Terminal 7/8 (which is at the opposite end of the complex).
Old Dec 22, 2004, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
This is not close to LAX though

Good hotel but NOT if you are getting in at night and have a 6:00 a.m. departure.. this isn't the place to be.. its far enough from the airport to make it miserable.. Renaissance, CY, or Marriott LAX are all less than one mile from the entrance to LAX.. might even be less than 1/2 mile.. Marriott MB is probably five plus miles.. again never measured it..

Originally Posted by dan1431
My vote goes to the Manhattan Beach Marriott as the area around the hotel is very nice and the renovated rooms are very nice and the beds in those rooms are tops.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 3:48 pm

Smile

I didn't mean to be rude. However, we left of vacation right after my post.
To all those of you that responded: THANKS
Old Dec 22, 2004, 6:15 pm

true....i totally agree however if you have time Manhattan Beach Marriott is nice.

Dan
Old Dec 23, 2004, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Two points...

Not a good idea to walk to the CY or any other along century blvd after dark. I am sure there will be several people that will say they feel safe doing it, or have done it several times, but why add the risk to save nothing? Its a free shuttle ride and its quick!

The Marina Del Rey CY is a standard CY and requires a cab ride up Lincoln. Lots of good things to do within walking distance of this hotel, but still not as good of an option as the LAX hotels for the time you will be there.

My vote goes to the Ren. Its nice!
Old Jan 9, 2005, 1:38 pm

Renaissance Lax

Hello. I´m staying at Lax for two nights late this month. Is the Renaissance better than the Marriott at LAX. From what I understand they just completed a renovation.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 2:43 pm

There are numerous threads discussing various LAX properties. Please do a search.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by pycko
Hello. I´m staying at Lax for two nights late this month. Is the Renaissance better than the Marriott at LAX. From what I understand they just completed a renovation.

yes it is i think. also not as crowded. please give us a trip report - am curious to know how the remodel turned out.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
s the Renaissance better than the Marriott at LAX.
Yes, much. Unless it has changed in the last 10 months.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Is the Renaissance better than the Marriott at LAX?
In every conceiveable way.
Old Jan 9, 2005, 8:20 pm

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
yes it is i think. also not as crowded. please give us a trip report - am curious to know how the remodel turned out.
i stayed there the first friday in december
room were nice
was given access to the club level floor
but didnt check in till 9 pm

i would stay there again
Old Jan 13, 2005, 5:13 pm

Stayed here the week before Christmas and had a good experience. Got an upgrade to a two-room suite, although the view was poor. I stayed there during the remodeling and it seems to be much improved now.
Old Jan 13, 2005, 7:26 pm

Programs: United 1K
I've had friends stay there and it's a very nice hotel.
Old May 5, 2005, 11:19 am

Programs: Companion Pass Holder, Marriott Rewards Silver Elite
Question Marriott LAX Layover?

Hello,

I am traveling to LAX Marriott in July. Is the LAX Marriott a thumbs up or thumbs down? Also, we have about a 10 hour wait to meet up with fellow travelers the next day.....any sight seeing ideas, tour companies etc....?
Thank you, DEB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.