Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Canadian Offer - Marriott® Rewards Premier Visa Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: imverge
** On or before May 30th, 2018** - ALL Chase Marriott cardholders that held the card as of March 15th, 2018, will receive:
  • 1 Night Stay Certificate for a Category 1-5 Marriott Hotel
  • 15 Night Stay Credit towards elite status

** CHASE HAS CLOSED ACCOUNTS AS OF MARCH 15, 2018 **

By now you should have been notified that your Marriott Rewards® Visa® Credit Card will be closing on March 15, 2018. Here's what you need to know:

• CONTINUE EARNING.
You will still be able to continue to use your Marriott Rewards Visa Credit Card and earn points on eligible purchases through March 14, 2018. After that date, you will no longer be able to make purchases or earn points on your Marriott Rewards Visa Credit Card.

• USE YOUR POINTS.
This does not impact your Marriott Rewards account. You will still be able to access and use any points and benefits that you have earned.

If you have paid an annual fee for your card any time between April 2017 and December 2017, Chase Canada has said that they will give you a prorated rebate of the fee back as a statement credit on your account.

If, however, your annual renewal fee is due between January 2018 and March 2018, you will NOT have to pay it. You may continue to use your card until March 15, 2018

As a cardholder, you will still receive your 15 Elite Night Credits and Free Night Certificate, regardless of your anniversary date. They will be deposited into your Marriott Rewards account after March 14, 2018.

Existing Chase Marriott Visa cardholders will be given a special signup to the Amex SPG CC for 25,000 welcome points and $120/yr annual fee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information below is left here for reference only, so that others who applied before the deadline can refer to the info.

If you find a working application link buried in this thread and apply through it don't be surprised if you do not get the advertised welcome bonuses.

Marriott 50,000 points offer, FYF
See this link: https://www.marriottpremier.ca/?arv=...NUM=VMR1207059 (Aug 24, 2017)
(http://www.marriottrewards.com/cdnelitedm web certificate expired, from Feb 2017)
-------------------
  • EARN 50,000 BONUS POINTS AFTER YOUR FIRST CARD PURCHASE
    Earn 50,000 bonus points after your first card purchase that you can redeem for 6 Free Nights at a Category 1 hotel.
  • NO FOREIGN CURRENCY TRANSACTION CHARGES (2.5%)
    Only the exchange rate will apply
  • ANNIVERSARY FREE NIGHT STAY
    E-certificate valid for 12 months at a participating category 1-5 hotel after your account anniversary date
  • 5 POINTS PER $1 SPENT
    At participating marriott locations worldwide. NEW! now earn 5x points at participating SPG hotels
  • 2 POINTS PER $1 SPENT
    On airline tickets purchased directly with the airline and at car rental agencies and restaurants (note: this card does NOT provide flight coverages)
  • 1 POINT PER $1 SPENT
    On purchases anywhere else the marriott rewards premier visa card is accepted
  • RECEIVE 15 ELITE CREDITS TOWARDS YOUR MARRIOTT REWARDS ELITE MEMBERSHIP LEVEL
    Upon approval and every year after your account anniversary
  • THE ANNUAL FEE OF $120 IS WAIVED FOR THE FIRST YEAR
    It will be charged annually thereafter (whether activated or not) on your statement anniversary
  • Free night stay e-certificate Category 1-4 hotels upon approval for first-time Cardmembers - is NO LONGER OFFERED, as of October 1st, 2016

Tips:
  • Go to marriott.com and apply for a Marriott Rewards account first, and have the member/account number ready during application. If you did NOT do this then Chase will create an account for you - look for the numbers on the lower left of your new Visa card, it may be displayed there.
  • Spend at least $1 on your new card by the 9th of the month, so that the txn posts by the 11th onto your online account at Chase (https://online.chasecanada.ca).
  • Seemingly, all Canadian Chase Marriott Visa accounts cycle on the 11th of the month. Points are posted by Chase to Marriott.com and the 50K points will appear by the 18th or 19th of the month.
  • You will see the points posted on page 3 of your paper statement when it arrives in the postal mail. Chase does not provide Canadians with an online PDF statement, only transactions. If by the 19th you don't see points posted, double-check the Marriott Rewards number on your paper statement to ensure it matches your true account number, in case Chase messed up and created a new MR account on your behalf.
  • When setting up payment for the card at online banking, look for "MARRIOTT VISA" as the card name.
  • If using this card outside of Canada, ensure you prime the PIN onto the card at a CHIP/PIN terminal while IN Canada, before you leave for your trip. You cannot prime the card while in Europe (for eg.)
  • YMMV, but if you decide to cancel this card, it is advisable to do it WELL before the anniversary date, as Chase may not pro-rate a refund.
  • If you plan to use this card outside of Canada (no FX fees), you should call Chase to let them know, so your card won't get locked. I've never called when using it on extended travel in the US, but for sure I would call and let them know if I was going to use it elsewhere (Europe, Asia, Antarctica).
  • If you log out of MARRIOTT.COM and notice an 80,000 point offer, it is a USA-only offer.
  • You can find List of Marriott Hotels and their Categories via below searches
    http://www.marriott.com/rewards/poin...dType=Standard
    http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search.mi
  • 2017 Marriott Rewards Category/Tier Update: On March 7, 2017, 23% of our hotels and resorts will change category.
    http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rew...gory-update.mi
Print Wikipost

Canadian Offer - Marriott® Rewards Premier Visa Card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:13 am

Marriott has a referral program outside of the credit card.

2k points per stay for both referrer and referee. If the spouse doesn't have a Marriott account you're best off referring them to the program and then signing up for the card
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by crimsona
Marriott has a referral program outside of the credit card.

2k points per stay for both referrer and referee. If the spouse doesn't have a Marriott account you're best off referring them to the program and then signing up for the card
Excellent - I didn't know this - thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:55 am
alc

Was marking a booking on Marriott web site and noticed a change of the Marriott VISA offer where it state $25 statement credit.

The following is the link to this offer:

https://lp33.marriottpremier.ca/?JOBNUM=VMR1308009

So, you still get the free night for CAT 1-4, but the sign-up bonus is now $25 statement credits + 22,500 Marriott points. It is still FYF, but as usual the T&C state for "new" card holder only.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by alc
Was marking a booking on Marriott web site and noticed a change of the Marriott VISA offer where it state $25 statement credit.

So, you still get the free night for CAT 1-4, but the sign-up bonus is now $25 statement credits + 22,500 Marriott points. It is still FYF, but as usual the T&C state for "new" card holder only.
I think 50000 points is better.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: Amex MR, SPG, Aeroplan
Scraping for couple of points

I'm missing 28K points to book my Christmas nights in Montreal, and looking for ways to top up my account. The easiest it seems to have my husband apply for Marriott Chase Visa (canadian) and transfer the points over. However, he was (until last week) supplementary card holder on my Marriott Visa, so will he be eligible? Not sure if supplementary falls under "existing" in small print in Chase offer:

Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after your first purchase for points to be posted to your Marriott Rewards account. This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Cardmembers who apply through this offer. Previous and existing Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Cardmembers are not eligible for this bonus offer.
Thanks for help.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Lazarev
I'm missing 28K points to book my Christmas nights in Montreal, and looking for ways to top up my account. The easiest it seems to have my husband apply for Marriott Chase Visa (canadian) and transfer the points over. However, he was (until last week) supplementary card holder on my Marriott Visa, so will he be eligible? Not sure if supplementary falls under "existing" in small print in Chase offer:

Thanks for help.
No, he is OK to apply for his own.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by alc

Does this mean that the old offer for 50K mariott points is over?

When I go to https://www.marriottpremier.ca/ it shows that the current offer is for 30K....
Old Oct 10, 2014, 4:36 pm
alc

Originally Posted by bjywong

When I go to https://www.marriottpremier.ca/ it shows that the current offer is for 30K....
I am not sure, but now that you ask, I can't remember when was the last time I got that 50K sign-up email.

I still debating if I want to re-apply this card. I do need about 33K as I already book my reward booking next June. So applying this card using the 30K link will do the trick. But I hate dealing with Chase credit approval department, as I do expect I will not get the instant approval again.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by bjywong

https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/cgi-bin/ma...URCE_CODE=X2CW

this link should give you 50k even though offer is not stated - from targeted email 50k offer i got two weeks ago. offer expires oct 31.

Your Rewards Begin with 50,000 Bonus Points with the Marriott Rewards® Premier Visa® Card

Your balance as of 09/15/2014
+ 50,000

First purchase bonus1

New Points Balance
Apply Now
yerffej201, with the Marriott Rewards® Premier Visa® Card*, exclusively for Canadian residents, you'll earn points faster than ever before and receive additional benefits just for being a Cardmember. Apply by October 31, 2014, and you will earn:

50,000 bonus points1 after your first card purchase

Free night stay e-certificate2 valid for 6 months at participating Category 1-4 hotels3 upon approval for first-time Cardmembers

Anniversary free night stay e-certificate4 every year, valid for 6 months at participating Category 1-5 hotels3

No foreign currency transaction charges — only exchange rate applies5

15 Elite Credits toward your Marriott Rewards Elite membership level every year6
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by yerffej201
https://ccsic.fni-stl.com/cgi-bin/ma...URCE_CODE=X2CW

this link should give you 50k even though offer is not stated - from targeted email 50k offer i got two weeks ago. offer expires oct 31.
Thanks! Applied and fingers crossed.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
Thanks! Applied and fingers crossed.
If 50k doesn't post automatically, call in and quote the code x2cw. if asked also say yes to whatever questions regarding how you received the offer
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:13 am
alc

I had cancel my Marriott VISA last year and ready to try to apply again. but here is a stupid question, how do you remove it from your online profile? I applied for Sears MC just before I cancel my Marriott VISA, so I use the same online profile for both cards now. I have yet remove it and I actually can't find where to do it. Any one here can provide me the steps?

Thanks.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by alc
I had cancel my Marriott VISA last year and ready to try to apply again. but here is a stupid question, how do you remove it from your online profile? I applied for Sears MC just before I cancel my Marriott VISA, so I use the same online profile for both cards now. I have yet remove it and I actually can't find where to do it. Any one here can provide me the steps?

Thanks.
Call in
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:58 pm

Paying for charges at non Marriott hotels, this card has been declined in the payment step.

This was at 4 or 5 hotels in Europe and Canada.
Anyone have similar experiences?

I've had no issue anywhere else.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, WJ, Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold, Fairmont PC, IHG, Marriott, Airmiles, Aventura,Avion
I was recently approved for the Chase Marriott Visa and the rep confirmed that she could see I'd applied with the 50K bonus points link.
I cannot find any info on insurances offered with the card and wanted to know from those who have or have had the card, what insurances/benefits does the Canadian Chase Marriott Visa come with?

I've also been approved for the Amex Biz Gold MR and am waiting for it to arrive. I'm wondering if I should've pushed my luck and applied for the TD Aeroplan or RBC Avion as well.
I guess there will always be offers to take advantage of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.