Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2002, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Actually, the Aerobus station is walking distance from the hotel. I've done it both directions, with some luggage.

Bruce
Old Nov 16, 2002, 5:39 pm

Montreal Renaissance- concierge floor?

Was wondering if anyone has comments on the concierge floor at the Renaissance Montreal.

I've stayed there once before- like the location (prefer the Plateau to downtown), but the room was pretty drab and the low floor just looked at the buiding across the street. Was wondering if the concierge floor would be worth the slight surcharge.

Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2002, 3:32 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
I was going to post an inquiry on this property as I am looking to use my Take 2 voucers there, so I was delighted to see your report!

Is there a restaurant in the hotel? More importantly I love room service and wonder if what it is like. The website says there is r/s.

What about a gym, pool, etc? Can you give me a landmark which is near so I can visualize where in Old Montreal it is. Website says near the congress centre but that is not very helpful.

Cheers,
Old Dec 7, 2002, 6:21 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Have booked one of my free nights at the Montreal Ren, but not sure this is a good idea. I used to stay there when it was the Hotel du Parc, and I recall the rooms being really small.

Has it changed that much or should I rebook for another Marriott property in Montreal?

Old Dec 7, 2002, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I stayed at the Hotel du Parc for two nights in July 2001. It was nice enough, in a really nice location (which I also prefer to downtown). To be perfectly honest, I don't recall anything about the Concierge Floor, although I'm sure I would have been on it as a Platinum member. I do recall having had a nice view from a high floor.

Bruce
Old Dec 9, 2002, 4:43 pm

I stayed at this hotel earlier this year on weekend night certificates (X14?). I got a large corner room on the concierge floor (probably based on my Platinum status), with a view to the football stadium - kind of fun to open the window and listen to the crowd. The concierge room is nice enough, but nothing super-special.

Incidentally, my stay included the 1 day hotel workers strike - the staff worked like troopers to take care of everything. I was very pleased.
Old Jan 1, 2003, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Montreal Properties

I'm arranging a bachelor party in Montreal in May. Can anyone suggest a property, I don't know the city. Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2003, 3:35 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001810.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001638.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001508.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001108.html
Old Feb 13, 2003, 10:52 am
Suspended

Any recent comments on this property would be most appreciated!

Parking charges, Executive vs. rooms on the 6th floor, etc.

Thanx.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Basic information on the SpringHill Suites Montreal - Old Town:

8 Floors, 124 Rooms
On-site Restaurant
Auberge Le Saint-Gabriel (French) open for lunch, dinner is one of the oldest restaurants around (circa 1754) and is connected to the hotel!
Chez L'Epicier (International, nearby) open for lunch, dinner
Le Keg (American, nearby) open for dinner
Restaurant du Vieux-Port (Continental, nearby) open for lunch, dinner

Room Service

Complimentary continental breakfast

It is not typical for a SpringHill Suites property to have significant F&B. Looks like they leveraged the adjacent restaurant to be able to provide room service.

------------------
Brian/\/\
Old Apr 17, 2003, 4:42 pm

Renaissance Montreal to close

On Tuesday, McGill University announced that it had bought the Renaissance Montreal Hotel, and plans to turn it into a dormitory for students from outside Quebec.

See:
http://www.canada.com/montreal/news/...6-4107C1FAB1E0
Old Apr 17, 2003, 9:12 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
I never did like the feel of this hotel. I wont miss it.
Old Apr 18, 2003, 9:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Flyaway:
I never did like the feel of this hotel. I wont miss it.</font>
I'll miss it- I loved the location (Plateau Mont-Real) . I much prefer the Plateau to downtown for nightlife/shopping/cafes, etc, but there are very few hotels in that part of town.

Guess it's off to the boutiques in Vieux-Montreal next time.

The hotel was a little "cold" as a building, but the front desk staff was always welcoming.
Old Apr 18, 2003, 9:33 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by landspeed:
I'll miss it- I loved the location (Plateau Mont-Real) . I much prefer the Plateau to downtown for nightlife/shopping/cafes, etc, but there are very few hotels in that part of town.

Guess it's off to the boutiques in Vieux-Montreal next time.

The hotel was a little "cold" as a building, but the front desk staff was always welcoming.
</font>
Yes, the staff at this hotel are/were excellent. I hope some of them will move to the Marriott.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 6:27 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Seeing as the Renaissance is no more, is the Marriott the best property in Montreal compared to the Hilton or Starwood properties?

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.