Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

How often do your points not post or post incorrectly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver

I am getting sick of having to track and correct a majority of my stays lately. In the last 6 months, I have had to call/fax/email in corrections to over 50% of my stays. I am a plat, but am considering moving my business back to SPG or over to Hilton.
It is getting so frustrating. When I pick the special rates that include bonus points for a specific rate, they never get posted.
And Marriott Rewards makes the process to correct it painful. I have called/emailed 3 times for a stay at one of their "autograph" collection hotels, with no results. And I am going to miss out on the megabonus if they do not correct it.

I have issues with either arrival gift points not posting, complete stays not posting, or the special rates bonus points not posting.

Do others have this issue?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
have had zero problems with points not posting for several years now...
Old Aug 31, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
For stays in the US I've only had one problem in the last 4 years. For international stays I have problems with about one in three stays.

I'm guessing (just guessing) that based on my past experiences the posting date of your stay shouldn't matter much in terms of the megabonus credit. I've had MR CS do megabonus adjustments after the crediting period has ended and it was fairly painless.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:07 am

Programs: LH FF, BA Blue these days, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP
Only an issue with platinum arrival gift points

About 1 stay in 3 my arrival gift points fail to materialise.

I have a standard email set up to mail [email protected] into which I add the confirmation number and stay dates - lo and behold the points get sorted out within 24 hours without fail.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: MR Gold, CO
I had one problem but it was just with a particular hotel. I called Marriott Rewards and they were able to fix the problem with the points. I haven't gone back to that particular hotel. For me, it hasn't been a widespread problem.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
What in the heck am I doing wrong then? I book mostly through marriott.com.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Marriott used to be the most reliable of the bunch-but over the last year or so I have had many stays not post or post incorrectly.

I am also encountering fewer successful interventions using email than in the past.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I only have that issue when I have made arrangement with the hotel's GM. She gave us 2 rooms for the price of 1 instead of an upgrade, and I think she did something to our reservation and then of course points wouldn't credit properly.

MR CS sorted the whole thing out 6 weeks after the stay, no problem at all. Remember to keep all your folios because they are the key for the points.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 3:39 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
For several years now not one single problem (domestic and international)
Old Sep 1, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Domestic: rarely a problem. Only problem that I can think of is posting gift cheques and getting credit for those dollars.
International: I assume it's going to be wrong. And it usually is.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 6:51 pm

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Domestic: rarely a problem. Only problem that I can think of is posting gift cheques and getting credit for those dollars.
International: I assume it's going to be wrong. And it usually is.
Most of my stays were not in the States, and about 1 in 2 would need some kind of correction. It is a real pain if I had to fax just about every other stay.

Last edited by SC Alum; Sep 1, 2011 at 7:28 pm
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:36 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by fredlisancnc
have had zero problems with points not posting for several years now...
186 nights all over U.S. in the last 2 1/2 years and ZERO problems...
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.524 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Once in a blue moon my plat amenity won't post on an award stay, but other than that I never have trouble. Much more reliable than Hyatt or Starwood.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.524 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Double post due to blackberry issues

Last edited by River in Sight; Sep 1, 2011 at 9:40 pm
Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:41 am

With many hundreds of stays around the world, I can't recall the last time anything didn't post correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.