Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:28 am

Thanks. I am looking to reserve April 27-30. One follow up question. I am not a member of Ritz Carlton Rewards (I didn't sign up before I applied for the card). Can I reserve with Marriott Points through my Marriott Rewards Membership and then use my 3 free nights through RC?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by kciflyer
Thanks. I am looking to reserve April 27-30. One follow up question. I am not a member of Ritz Carlton Rewards (I didn't sign up before I applied for the card). Can I reserve with Marriott Points through my Marriott Rewards Membership and then use my 3 free nights through RC?
Nevermind - I figured it out.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 12:18 pm

I'm just talking about using my 3 free nights and reserving a room that will qualify for use of those free nights before I actually I have the award for the 3 nights (I haven't even received my RC card yet - it's on its way). I'm afraid that if I wait to reserve the room until I actually have the 3 night award in my account the room I want on the dates I need won't be available by then.
Ok, understood.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
Question curious about gold status as well

Originally Posted by kklems
Read TC's on offer but I am still trying to figure out how gold status works if you are a MR member versus a RC member. I was looking at this for my wife as a cheap way to get to Platinum. I can't find a definite answer. She has the chase Marriott card already and just received her 15 bonus nights. I would assume that applying now for the RC card would just give her gold status (would this be reflected as 50 nights?) Not 15+50, plus existing nights, rollover etc. I thought I read in the thread that both don't stack but I can't find those posts now.
I met first year 10,000 spend and wonder if I will keep Gold status if I cancel the card? Any data on this?
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:09 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
You can't have both MR and RR. They will combine points into one. So you can probably use Ritz points now for your nights. Talk to them
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by rbw5t
I'm hoping to use my Priority Pass for the first time tonight in BKK at the Air France lounge. I'll have my wife and 2 kids, I'm expecting to be charged by the lounge for the additional people. Does the charge go straight to the associated Ritz credit card? I have my PP card with me, but not the RC card. Will that be an issue? Will the lounge charge the card and then Chase reimburses the charge? Thanks for any advice as to what to expect!
I believe you will have a charge - and some lounges don't allow children (also note the rules are different if you have a "paid for" card or one issued by eg Ritz CC::

cf
Lounge visits are subject to a per person per visit charge. Where applicable (dependent upon membership plan), all such visits, including those by accompanying guests, shall be debited to the cardholder's payment card by (i) Priority Pass or (ii) the card issuer as per the rates and terms notified by (i) Priority Pass or (ii) the card issuer to the cardholder in respect of their Priority Pass membership.

Access to the lounges for children and the fees for such visits vary across the lounges and the cardholder is advised to check the individual lounge description before traveling.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 5:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kklems
Read TC's on offer but I am still trying to figure out how gold status works if you are a MR member versus a RC member. I was looking at this for my wife as a cheap way to get to Platinum. I can't find a definite answer. She has the chase Marriott card already and just received her 15 bonus nights. I would assume that applying now for the RC card would just give her gold status (would this be reflected as 50 nights?) Not 15+50, plus existing nights, rollover etc. I thought I read in the thread that both don't stack but I can't find those posts now.
There is no difference between the two programs and you can only have one #. But if you spend $65K (i think thats the #) on the RC you get Ritz/Marriott Platinum
I usually stay at the Ritz and have found that they treat me slightly better with my Ritz plat then my partner who is a marriott plat - esp the people that worked before the merger
Old Mar 14, 2017, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Arrow Gold status cancelled

Just a data point. I cancelled my RC card a few days ago and despite having spent over $10,000 my RC/MR status has dropped from Gold. Was a very quick change in only a couple of days after cancelling. Bummer.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Development
Just a data point. I cancelled my RC card a few days ago and despite having spent over $10,000 my RC/MR status has dropped from Gold. Was a very quick change in only a couple of days after cancelling. Bummer.
Interesting. I thought usually only the status you get from just having the credit card will drop after you cancel. The status you get from spending a certain amount would not. Are you still in your first year? Maybe because first year is Gold for free without spending, so even though you spent $10K, it still think your status was gotten for free.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Need
Interesting. I thought usually only the status you get from just having the credit card will drop after you cancel. The status you get from spending a certain amount would not. Are you still in your first year? Maybe because first year is Gold for free without spending, so even though you spent $10K, it still think your status was gotten for free.
This would have been my annual fee for year 2 (so I had card for 1 year and spent the 10,000 to "maintain" gold). Should I still have the Gold status? I dont find info on this, thanks in advance if you can point me to it!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
This would have been my annual fee for year 2 (so I had card for 1 year and spent the 10,000 to "maintain" gold). Should I still have the Gold status? I dont find info on this, thanks in advance if you can point me to it!
"To qualify for and maintain Gold Elite Status your account must be open and not in default."

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...arlton-rewards Click on the *Offer Details next to the picture of the credit card.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 12:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Not surprising in your situation. The status transfer to Marriott would happen after the "card" year would be over. That is, once you have paid the annual fee.

I'm not sure whatever it is done based on the "card" year (which I assume) or on a calanddd year basis. But as others have notice at the time of the information transfer your card must be open and in good standing.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Oops wrong thread.

Last edited by StatusChallenged; Apr 12, 2017 at 3:28 pm
Old Apr 12, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
Wasn't able to reduce my balance to lower than $1800
IDK what that means or understand the context.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
You know something really useful about this card? If you have (or are) an AU, the card number is the same and the three-digit security code is the same. This helps time and time again when I want to jump on some travel-something for my wife, or using her miles, or whatever/whenever, and the on-line payment has to come from a credit card with her name on it. I just use my card info to fill everything in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.