Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:24 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Catskilltraveller
Still a bit confused. Just received the RC credit card. On application I submitted my Marriott Rewards number. Marriott Platinum for life. The credit card has a totally new number on it as a RC Reward number. How do I best merge these accounts?
I want to access the three free nights, likely to use the club upgrades.

When I spoke with my elite concierge it was a very unsatisfactory conversation.
I just sent an email through the online "contact us" or whatever.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond for life, Bonvoy Titanium for Life, Delta Million Miler, Delta Platinum
What was the response?
Old Sep 19, 2016, 6:47 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Catskilltraveller
What was the response?
They switched it to my Marriott number and automatically sent out new cards
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:03 pm

Do the three free night certs that come with the credit card essentially work just like a points reservation? I just got the card and probably won't finish my spend for two more cycles, but I'd like to lock in a reservation that's available now. Could I book with points now and then call to replace the points booking with the certs once I have them?

On a related note, I'd like to do essentially the same thing with a fly and stay package. I'm not going to order the package until January, because I want to use the airline miles with southwest for the companion pass. Could I book a 7-night for next summer now with points, and then replace that reservation with the 7-night package cert?

Thanks for any input!
Old Sep 20, 2016, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by rbw5t
Do the three free night certs that come with the credit card essentially work just like a points reservation? I just got the card and probably won't finish my spend for two more cycles, but I'd like to lock in a reservation that's available now. Could I book with points now and then call to replace the points booking with the certs once I have them?
I did this exact thing, booked my three free nights as a points reservation at Half Moon Bay, then once the free nights posted I called back and swapped them in. Even better, since HMB uses a points plus program for upgraded rooms, I found I could use the free nights as the base plus some regular points for the upgrade.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:01 am

So are there any real-life reports by now on if you or your guests are charged for the priority pass issued by Ritz? I read through this thread and there was lots of confusions around end-Aug, but surely by now someone must have used it with guests to see if there's a charge?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Governator
I did this exact thing, booked my three free nights as a points reservation at Half Moon Bay, then once the free nights posted I called back and swapped them in. Even better, since HMB uses a points plus program for upgraded rooms, I found I could use the free nights as the base plus some regular points for the upgrade.
How did you you know about this option at the HMB? How did you do this? Did you make the free nights reservation, and then call the hotel directly? What kind of room did you upgrade to?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Does anyone have any experience with the $300 travel credit and how it can used? All reports seem to indicate that it is difficult and you have to call. Any real life experience out there?

Mods please feel free to merge if there is existing thread.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
Does anyone have any experience with the $300 travel credit and how it can used? All reports seem to indicate that it is difficult and you have to call. Any real life experience out there?

I only have experience with legit travel credit... it was for luggage fee. I tried online message and they messed it up. I had to call to correct it and got the credit. But if you are trying to get credit for gift card and such.. I think it is hit or miss..
Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by nomii
So are there any real-life reports by now on if you or your guests are charged for the priority pass issued by Ritz? I read through this thread and there was lots of confusions around end-Aug, but surely by now someone must have used it with guests to see if there's a charge?
Yes, I posted my DP in the Chase forum:

Originally Posted by Troopers
DP: used the Priority Pass plus 2 guests last wknd. Haven't been charged guests fee.
Recently used PP plus 2 guests again, no charge.

See the Chase thread.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium

Yeah it can be a bit of a PIA, but they have gotten better in the last year. Sometimes you have to HUCA.

What frustrates the hll out of me is that you can't use the travel credit for change fees.

I typically end up using it to upgrade a flight or two to the pointy end of the plane. F upgrades qualify as "seat upgrades" in my experience.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 12:27 pm

Regarding the Club Lounge Certificates, is there anywhere I might be able to read the terms & conditions for the upgrades?

I booked a room back in March and reservations is telling me the certificate is subject to price fluctuations (price is almost tripe), is this true? I was under the impression it was only based on availability.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by op487062
Regarding the Club Lounge Certificates, is there anywhere I might be able to read the terms & conditions for the upgrades?

I booked a room back in March and reservations is telling me the certificate is subject to price fluctuations (price is almost tripe), is this true? I was under the impression it was only based on availability.
The certificate grants you club level access at the time of booking. You must use z38 to book the room and that is what is based on availability.

Are you saying your room price tripled or the best available rate tripled?
Old Oct 8, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum

Called for a $100 Charge, friendly rep asked what it was and when. Simple questions simple answers. 5mins. ^ Use your imagination for what the charge is for.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by sig05
The certificate grants you club level access at the time of booking. You must use z38 to book the room and that is what is based on availability.

Are you saying your room price tripled or the best available rate tripled?
I was looking for the terms and conditions that stated that, didn't know the price would change to current rate.

The room price tripled between my March booking date and now. They would only allow me to book at the rate now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.