Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Ritz Carlton
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
There is a complementary thread about the new R-C card on the Chase UR Forum here: Ritz-Carloton Visa Infinite
Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton credit card from Chase

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Anybody know if the $100 credit during a 2-night stay can be applied to parking?

EDIT: I was able to answer my question. At least for the Atlanta downtown Atlanta the answer is yes. I was asking because they had a rate available that included the $100 credit and the club upgrade, but did not include the parking which is $32/night. They also had a package rate on their website for the same amount per night that included the parking and breakfast for 2! Decided to go with the Ritz credit card rate, so essentially a $36 credit on the two night stay and upgrade to the Club Level. I think I may be downgrading to a continental breakfast but will have the other club level food options the rest of the day.

Last edited by dbuckho; Dec 14, 2013 at 12:20 pm
Old Dec 14, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold Elite
Lounge Club Benefit

I'm contemplating applying for the RC Card.
As a frequent Alaska flyer and a current member of their Board Room, Lounge Club access to Alaska Board Rooms would be a great benefit for me (even though I would lose access to Delta Sky Clubs).
Can an RC Card member with a Lounge Club card bring a guest into a club or must that guest pay an additional fee (as with Priority Pass)?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Thumbs down Lounge Club Access

Yes, you can bring guests in on your card without paying additional fees. Note that there are only 18 U.S. Airports where you will have access. I find it very limited to say the least. Furthermore, sometimes the club room will be in a separate terminal or only available for International travelers. Make sure you go online and review the airports where you can gain lounge access. It may or may not work for you based on your travel patterns. It does not work for me.
I am dropping my RC Visa. The airport lounge benefit isn't that great. Also the Club upgrades they offer 3x per year can be difficult as they are based on availability and ONLY from full price rack rate on a room. I have struck out several times trying to use them, even when I was willing to pay rack rate.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by Pdxstocks
.... Also the Club upgrades they offer 3x per year can be difficult as they are based on availability and ONLY from full price rack rate on a room. I have struck out several times trying to use them, even when I was willing to pay rack rate.
Club level upgrades are based on the best available rate at the time of booking, not rack rate.

Last edited by TommyC80; Dec 17, 2013 at 4:39 pm
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Club level upgrades

In my experience and based on what the Ritz Carlton reservation agents have told me, when I have attempted to use them, Club upgrades cannot be used on the best available rate. Call and ask a RC reservation agent to confirm.
I once had a Marriott agent try to tell me that my Gold Marriott status would get me Club access without even using an upgrade, so make sure you are speaking with Ritz and not Marriott. If you still have your RC booklet of benefits, it is also highlighted with a myriad of footnotes, one of which is very clear about what room rates you can use a Club upgrade.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:25 pm

Primary Rental Car Coverage

Since I rarely stay at RC properties, the club upgrade and the $100 dollar incidentals benefit for a two nights+ stay are of little value to me.
I have read that the RC Visa includes PRIMARY rental car coverage. I currently have a JP Morgan Select Visa that includes that benefit. (I used to pay $25 per rental using my SPG Amex Premium Car Rental Coverage; so, a card that includes primary coverage offers real savings.) If the RC Visa provides that I might be able to drop my JPM Select Visa and save the $95 annual fee.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:59 pm

philwupdx, I would just like to chime in and remind you that the RC card also provides Marriott GOLD status which includes club level access, upgrade when available, breakfast and free internet, plus purchase protection, and $200 misc airline charges (NOT specific to any one airline).
Old Dec 16, 2013, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by EagleSoars
philwupdx, I would just like to chime in and remind you that the RC card also provides Marriott GOLD status which includes club level access, upgrade when available, breakfast and free internet, plus purchase protection, and $200 misc airline charges (NOT specific to any one airline).
While the Marriott Gold elite benefit are useful, they do NOT apply to RC properties (except free wifi). IMO they are not worth $195/yr but YMMV particularly if you stay often at Marriott but not enough to earn 50 EQN. You will get better rooms, but rarely suites.

The $200 credit for misc airline charges CANNOT be applied to airfare, only to in flight food, IFE, checked baggage and other garbage fees. Which of course many people here never pay as we are elites.

The Gold elite status benefit is a lot less useful if the Marriott-United partnership continues.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:53 am

Absolutely, Marriott Gold status is the other major benefit that I see with the RC card. I just wanted verification from current users of the RC card that primary car rental coverage was, in fact, part of the deal as well.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
The Gold elite status benefit is a lot less useful if the Marriott-United partnership continues.
Please explain: I don't fly United/CO at all; so, I'm ignorant of any benefits that accrue to Marriott/IUnited folks.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Only for the first year. To maintain gold elite in future years you must spend at least $10k a year on the card.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 2:16 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to redeem Ritz Carlton points for Marriott stays? I've been searching for a while now, and all I can find is how to redeem the other way around.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by SansSerif
Does anyone know if it's possible to redeem Ritz Carlton points for Marriott stays? I've been searching for a while now, and all I can find is how to redeem the other way around.
Ritz Carlton and Marriott points are the same thing, so yes.

Also, I don't think I noted this previously, but I did get the 70K for both the Marriott and the Ritz cards for 140K total within the last couple months, so that is still working.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
albeit a "slightly" larger annual fee for a RC card vrs. std Marriott.....

Originally Posted by Bttc
Also, I don't think I noted this previously, but I did get the 70K for both the Marriott and the Ritz cards for 140K total within the last couple months, so that is still working.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum
Question regarding the use of the club upgrade certificates:

Does the stay have to be charged to the RC credit card? I know it must be booked through the dedicated phone line and held on the RC credit card. But what if I cancel the RC credit card after making the reservation but before the stay. Does anybody know if the club upgrade would still be honored?

Any insight is much appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.