Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Dallas SpringHill West End - almost like it wasn't a Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Had a 6-night stay (2 rooms, 3 nights each) at the Dallas SpringHill Suites West End April 10 - 12. The entire experience was very atypical of anything I've experienced elsewhere. As I said in the subject, it's almost like it isn't even a Marriott hotel. I am a Platinum, for context.

Here's what I experienced:

1) Early check-in time noted in the app but hotel refused to accommodate (room not ready). Room was finally ready 5 hours later.

2) Mobile check-in not acknowledged. Had to use the standard check-in procedure, making keys, etc.

3) Platinum status not acknowledged. In fact, no reference to being a Rewards member at all. (Rewards number is definitely on my receipt). I booked through Marriott.com using my account.

4) Entire stay for both rooms still has not posted to my Marriott account. Had to file a missing stay for both rooms. That's a first ever as a Marriott 725 night customer.

5) Received an emailed receipt for both rooms just this morning (13 days after check-out) and only after filing the missing stay requests on April 20.

It just was an entirely strange experience all around.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Sorry to hear this. I stayed there a couple times a few year ago when I was speaking at the old Adam's Mark Hotel and didn't want to stay in that dump. I enjoyed the SHS - both its offbeat location and the service. The hotel has a cool city vibe, like the Bloomington IN SHS and the Nashville Gulch FI. It sounds as though it has gone downhill, which is a shame. It was a great property. Hopefully they realize this and can turn it back around. Please let Marriott know you had a bad experience so they can help the owner.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Actually, Marriott has been having delays in stays posting. There is a thread about it. So the stays not posting probably have nothing to do with this hotel.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...t-posting.html
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:34 am

Has anyone else stayed at this property? Trying to decide between this and the Dallas Marriott Suites Medical/Market Center. I like the location of this SpringHill, but reading the reviews online are making me question staying there.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I stayed there once in 2010 and checked out after 1 night finding it very difficult to fall & stay asleep. Similar thoughts like they didn't care who I was (PP). That's all I remember.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 11:08 am
formerly Will Stonehocker

I'm sorry this Springhill didn't do good for you. At least the room did well for you, and that's what matters. That's why you would come back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.