Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in South Florida [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2002, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Grupie, thanks, I believe we are talking about the same 4pts. I subsequently went to bidding for travel after my post and saw a few good possibilities and will probably give those a whirl while I reserve something else in case priceline falls through.

How close is the FI to the beach?
thanks

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by grupie:
Just saw your post now. We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Miami Beach over President's weekend. It was clean and comfortable and seemed to have been redone recently. (Get a look at the Ramada across the street and you'll see what it probably used to look like). Also, $69 is a great price. I paid $166 (although a holiday weekend + the boat/yacht show.)
I don't know which 4 points you're referring to. There is one 2 blocks up which is pretty nice. And in between there are Days inn, Best Western etc. These are all pretty much the same. I would go FI or 4P unless I got a good deal at the Fountainbleu or Eden Roc. BTW, try biddingfortravel.com, it looks like people were getting the Sheraton Bal Harbor for 60 or less on priceline. Now that is a sweet deal. Points or no points.
</font>
Old Jul 26, 2002, 2:02 pm

my pleasure TH. The Miami Beach hotels are, with the exception of some 1* or condos, on Collins Ave, with the back of the hotel on the beach. You go out the back door of the hotel to the pool/boardwalk/beach.
Note that the smaller hotels have pools too, just not with the same service as the Fountainbleu or Sheraton (ie chairs, drinks).
I think that South Beach hotels, from what I recall, may not always be on the beach, but across the street or 1 block away. But I haven't stayed there. (Check out the Delano in SB while you're there- interesting)
IMHO, the Sheraton Bal Harbor has, by far, the coolest pool area and seems to be really a great hotel. Its up in Bal Harbor (95th st) about a 8 minute drive from the other hotels, so if affordable,I would go for it unless you need to be in walking distance from the other hotels. I realize this is the Marriott board, but the FI is great if you're going to spend your time outside the hotel, and just come back to sleep. I have to say I found the staff there very friendly and helpful.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 9:53 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HLT Honors, DL PLT but missing NWA terribly.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TrojanHorse:
Bringing this back to life... I'll be going to Miami in mid august.. Does anyone have any opinion of the 4 pts South Beach? Also properties at the airport for my last night in town (early a.m. flight)..

thanks
</font>
You might get some more responses about the Four Points in the Starwood forum.

[This message has been edited by Rolling Stone (edited 07-29-2002).]
Old Sep 21, 2002, 12:51 am

Miami Beach - Eden Roc or Fountainebleau?

I am attending a convention at the Fountainebleau and currently have a room reserved there, mainly for convenience. However, some hotel reviews (plus a co-worker) have mentioned the hotel is a bit run-down. Does anyone have any info on the Eden Roc (Renaissance) hotel? I understand it is currently under renovation (outside), but this is not an issue since I will be gone during the day.
Old Sep 21, 2002, 9:58 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
I've stayed at both...sort of depends on the room you get. At the FB one tower is still not renovated and those rooms are pretty bad, from what I heard. My room was in a renovated section, and a nice corner room with lots of windows.
The Eden Roc is also an older property, and the room I had there a few years ago was OK.
Friends just stayed there and thought it was OK as well, nothing spectacular.
If convenience is the only difference, stay at the FB and avoid the tower to the far left (don't remember what they call it).
Just watch your car...only valet parking, and they gave my car to the wrong people!
Old Mar 6, 2003, 7:52 am
Suspended

Courtyard Maimi Beach/South Beach or Faifield Inn -- Comments?

I could have sworn that there were some comments on these properties, but when I did a search I found none on the Courtyard and only 1 on the Fairfield Inn!

Anyway stay here or at least passed by and can give me some info on either of them?

I see that they are listed as Category 4 properties.

Which would you choose?

Old Mar 6, 2003, 8:53 pm

I haven't stayed at the Courtyard Miami Beach/South Beach but I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn a couple of times. I like this property for the location (right on the beach) but the beds are hard as rocks. They typically charge $15/day for valet parking but if you're not staying there much during the day, use the meter parking surrounding the hotel. Meters run like 7 am - 6 pm. When I stayed there, I didn't pay more than $65/night for a room as they were running special Marriott Rewards promos.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 8:48 am

Location: Midwest United States (and anywhere a cheap fare takes me)
Programs: Marriott (Gold), Hilton (Gold), SWA (CP), Hertz (5*), UA (Nobody), AA (Lifetime Gold)
My wife and I stayed at the Fairfield in October. As noted, it's right on the beach with a nice pool/deck. The property itself is a little old (not sure what it used to be), but was "updated" with paint and draperies. As a result the rooms where okay, but the bath fixtures, sliding doors, etc. were showing there age.

Front desk was very helpful. Unfortunately, we spent a lot of time with them since our room safe had a mind of its' own! Our cash was secure, since even we couldn't get to it. (Maybe a new feature: "Marriott helps you stretch your vacation dollar...by not letting you get to it!)

The area is at the north end of South Beach (if that makes any sense). Close to the activity but not in the middle of it all. If you're looking for the "South Beach Experience" this might be a little too north. If you want to check out South Beach and have a quieter place to land afterward this location is perfect.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 9:14 am
Suspended

Thank you cavman75 and ejmelton.

Anyone have info concerning the Courtyard??
Old Mar 7, 2003, 1:48 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NJUPINTHEAIR:
Thank you cavman75 and ejmelton.

Anyone have info concerning the Courtyard??
</font>
Nope, only stayed at the South Beach Marriott.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 7:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta
I've seen the Courtyard from the outside. It is a newly renovated building. Looks decent from the outside. It is within walking distance from the beach and Lincold Rd.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 5:36 pm

Programs: AS-MM 75K, Marriott Plat Lifetime, SPG Plat Lifetime, HH Gold
Marriotts close to Biscayne national park

Any recommendations on which Marriott I should choose for a 5 day holiday to visit Biscayne National Park?
Not sure yet if I will be using award or paid stay.
Thanks
Magic Lamp
Old Apr 30, 2003, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Where IS Biscayne Natl Park? That might help in terms of getting a response (my sister is a park ranger; I suppose I could ask her).

------------------
Sharon
Old Apr 30, 2003, 9:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Biscayne is a huge National Park -- 181,500 acres -- near Homestead, Florida. 95% of it is underwater. That's not so good for poeple who like to see National Parks through the windshield of a rental car. But I guess it's wonderful for divers.

According to Marriott.com, the closest Marriott (any Marriott brand) to Homestead is the Marriott Miami Dadeland, 9090 S. Dadeland Boulevard, Miami, FL 33156. It's 17.5 miles from Homestead, and probably further from Biscayne National Park,
Old May 1, 2003, 4:54 am

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
A little further afield (not much further) are the Marriott Beach Resort in Key Largo and I 'think' there's a Courtyard or Residence in Coconut Groove. Both are better located than Dadeland.

Don't forget to visit the Miami zoo and Flamingo Key in Everglades National Park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.