Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:42 pm
V9

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Pltm, Hyatt Diamond, spg Pltm
This is about the SUMMER Megabonus (wonder where that thread went). Today is the first weekday after that promotion ended. So I am supposed to call to have them manually put in my C1-4 ecerts. I remember at the end of Spring Mega, I called, and they put in 2 in without saying anything else (Of course every promotion at the beginning I had to call to switch). The certs, no matter how long it is valid, starts from the date it is put in your account. So this Summer run, although I finished the requirement a while ago, I waited until now. I hope I can wait longer, but am afraid they will lose track.

This Fall, I again got the 15N/25K promotion. Will try to call to switch.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
its right here......
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ion-offer.html

Originally Posted by V9
This is about the SUMMER Megabonus (wonder where that thread went). Today is the first weekday after that promotion ended. So I am supposed to call to have them manually put in my C1-4 ecerts. I remember at the end of Spring Mega, I called, and they put in 2 in without saying anything else (Of course every promotion at the beginning I had to call to switch). The certs, no matter how long it is valid, starts from the date it is put in your account. So this Summer run, although I finished the requirement a while ago, I waited until now. I hope I can wait longer, but am afraid they will lose track.

Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by V9

The person tracking the account manually should be the one to post these.
Mine posted the very next day. Maybe the person on your account has been off for a few days.

I wouldn't wait too long though, before callling.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:56 pm
V9

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Pltm, Hyatt Diamond, spg Pltm
Thanks both above.
I remember that after I called to switch, the promotion would disappear from my Promotion Central. I guess they did do something manually.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
I had emailed Marriott Customer Service to switch from points to certificates and I decided to take a look at their reply. Their reply clearly states the following:
I have documented your account with this alternate offer; however, you will not be able to view your progress online. It will continue to track the original one. Approximately two weeks after the end of the promotion, around September 15, 2012, I will manually credit the bonus to your account.

Guess I will wait until around September 15 to call as I do not need the certificates immediately and that will give a couple of extra weeks before they expire next year.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, MR Plat.
+1
same here.

Originally Posted by jeff30189
+1

Still have the points offer showing up as "completed" but no free certs in my account. Need them for use later this month, hope it gets posted soon.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by mindrisa
I had emailed Marriott Customer Service to switch from points to certificates and I decided to take a look at their reply. Their reply clearly states the following:
I have documented your account with this alternate offer; however, you will not be able to view your progress online. It will continue to track the original one. Approximately two weeks after the end of the promotion, around September 15, 2012, I will manually credit the bonus to your account.

Guess I will wait until around September 15 to call as I do not need the certificates immediately and that will give a couple of extra weeks before they expire next year.
Thanks!

I am going the other way but I may give them a few more days now
Old Sep 6, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Drew,

I finished the Summer Promo last week. I have been unable to sign up for the Fall Promo.

As a PP, I don't care which promo is given, for I'll stay 25 nights next quarter. I prefer the 40k/50k points promo, VISA or not.

LMK what I should do.

TB
Old Sep 6, 2012, 4:53 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by Texas Booster
Drew,

I finished the Summer Promo last week. I have been unable to sign up for the Fall Promo.

As a PP, I don't care which promo is given, for I'll stay 25 nights next quarter. I prefer the 40k/50k points promo, VISA or not.

LMK what I should do.

TB
I apologize you have not been able to register for the 2012 Fall MegaBonus Promotion. Please contact Marriott Rewards Guest Services to enroll.

Best Regards,

Drew
Old Sep 7, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Thank you! Called the MR desk and they set it up right away. The promo appeared in my account this morning after EOD processing.

Overall, Marriott is simply the easiest travel partner that I deal with.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
I just confirmed with a Marriott rep that those of us with the multiple brand promotion, the bonus points will post after the promotion is completed on Aug. 31.
I still have not received my bonus points yet, although I achieved the max bonus by mid-July. Has anyone else received their points yet? I'm wondering if a call to the service center may be in order.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
I still have not received my bonus points yet, although I achieved the max bonus by mid-July. Has anyone else received their points yet? I'm wondering if a call to the service center may be in order.

yes, you should call MR.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got the points the day the 15th night posted.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Got the points the day the 15th night posted.
Thanks Vicki. My particular Summer Bonus Promotion was the multiple brand promotion whereby one would earn 15,000 bonus points after staying at 4 different brands.
Originally Posted by shoreline
yes, you should call MR.
Taking your advice, I spoke with a MR Representative today who indicated their systems have been unable to track this promotion automatically. Therefore, with the difficulty, MR has had to resort to tracking everything by hand for those of us with this promotion. She said MR expects the bonus points to post by the end of September.

While I like these seasonal incentive programs, I don't like having to manage the follow-up process to ensure what I've earned is granted.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Completed my third Summer promo free Cat 1-4 night on a stay from 8/29-9/5. It posted today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.