Search

Summer Bonus 2012 Promotion Offer

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2012, 1:49 am

Call or email

To earn your bonus points:

Register by June 30, 2012
Stay any weekend* between June 1 and August 31, 2012
Earn 5,000 bonus points. After two weekend stays, earn another 5,000 points, plus an additional 5,000 after three weekend stays (up to 15,000 points)

This summer, imagine more. You've earned it.

*Any stay including a Friday and/or Saturday night, regardless of check-in and check-out date

I got the above promo, to change should I call or send them a email.
Old May 6, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by flyer31
To earn your bonus points:

Register by June 30, 2012
Stay any weekend* between June 1 and August 31, 2012
Earn 5,000 bonus points. After two weekend stays, earn another 5,000 points, plus an additional 5,000 after three weekend stays (up to 15,000 points)

This summer, imagine more. You've earned it.

*Any stay including a Friday and/or Saturday night, regardless of check-in and check-out date.

I got the above promo, to change should I call or send them a email.
That's different than the summer Megabonus. I'm going to call Monday and ask them to add me to the 6 stays/3 nights promo.
Old May 6, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Got the 40k points for 25 nights Summer Bonus deal. Good enough for me. I think If I got another one of the free Cat. 1-4 certificates deal, the certs would expire before I would get a chance to use them.
Old May 6, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by njcommodore
That's different than the summer Megabonus. I'm going to call Monday and ask them to add me to the 6 stays/3 nights promo.
No, it's not. There are several versions of the Summer Bonus (and BTW, it's not called a "Megabonus") and this is one of them. You might be able to switch to a different version if you ask nicely.
Old May 6, 2012, 11:09 pm

I just got the summer bonus promo sent to me today.

I think I did not get it before now because I was collecting 2K miles/stay until 4/30. I surmise that once I switched to earning points, I got the promo information in 24 hours.

Now, how to get them to open up some of the targeted promos for me ...
Old May 7, 2012, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by njcommodore
Called marriott and spoke to a agent calles suzie and she enrolled me in this promo allthough it still does not show in my account. She said it will show by tommorow.
Old May 7, 2012, 2:54 pm

So if mine hasn't shown up yet I guess i have to call.. they have never done this to me before. Wonder why? Oh well....
Old May 7, 2012, 3:24 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I called, I am peon level, and had the free nights promo in my account (not registered). They wanted to sign me up for that but since I will be on a long term RI stay I wanted nights. They said that they could put me on "manual tracking" for that promotion, so what it means is that I have to call back after the promotion ends and they will give me the points manually for it. They will pull back any nights that I might get from the other promotion...

I asked about status matching while I was at it, and they offered the standard Plat challenge which was fine since they grant Plat immediately but I will wait to start it until just before my stay.
Old May 7, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by DCBob
No, it's not. There are several versions of the Summer Bonus (and BTW, it's not called a "Megabonus") and this is one of them. You might be able to switch to a different version if you ask nicely.
Are you kidding? 15k for 3 weekend nights is a) the default for a plat and b) a similar type of promo as 3 free nights for 6 stays???
Old May 8, 2012, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by jsmeeker
Got the 40k points for 25 nights Summer Bonus deal. Good enough for me. I think If I got another one of the free Cat. 1-4 certificates deal, the certs would expire before I would get a chance to use them.
This time you have a whole year to use the certs! Check T&C!
Old May 8, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by nacho
This time you have a whole year to use the certs! Check T&C!
Also note that the clock starts from the day you earn the cert, not from the end of the promotion. Previously, it didn't matter when you earn the certs as they all have the same expiration date, so I would jump in right away, and go for other promotions once I max out. This time, if I am going to have more than 6 stays, I will try to save the last 6 stays for this promotion, and spend all the previous stays elsewhere or in the miles promotion if there will be one.
Old May 8, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Platinum
I was offered the certificates, which I don't find useful. I was told I could switch to the points (40K for 25 nights). I haven't decided which one to take as I'm waiting to find out my summer travel plans. I may not be travelling 15 nights, so I'll have no choice but to take the "not very usable" certificates.
Old May 8, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Can I can hop between properties for the 3 nights/6 stays promotion?
Old May 8, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by klavkonz
Can I can hop between properties for the 3 nights/6 stays promotion?
Sure you can。
Old May 8, 2012, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
Also got the crappy weekend promotion for 15K. That's worthless for a Platinum Premier. I earn that many points in two weeks of regular travel.

Guess I will have to call and get it switched.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.