Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skitch23
This thread is a continuation of the previous discussion located here.

See post #412 - Ordering gc's thru the Kroger site will post fuel points to the associated shopper card upon shipment of physical cards and email delivery for e-gc's. Points are earned in the same increments as if you bought them at the store (usually 2x or 4x if there is a promotion). Transactions are processed by GiftCardMall and therefore do not earn additional points/cb from your credit card issuer for a "supermarket purchase".
Print Wikipost

Kroger master thread (2016 to 2018)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by air360
Where I first saw mention of ii:

New Kroger Software
thx MPD! your blogs are helpful
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:23 pm

For those of you buying VGC at Kroger, what credit card are you using. I know Freedom is at 5X for this quarter, but is anyone using anything else? EDP or OBC?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by New to FF
For those of you buying VGC at Kroger, what credit card are you using. I know Freedom is at 5X for this quarter, but is anyone using anything else? EDP or OBC?
WF... if one hasn't yet got the warning letter
Old Jun 2, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt
Penfed Platinum Rewards. unlimited 2.55% CB.

Also, these new u scan checkouts are sweeeeeet. You can input the amount yourself and don't need anyone to come over. Did 5k in MS in about 2 minutes. No line = so much MS.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by shitrus

Also, these new u scan checkouts are sweeeeeet. You can input the amount yourself and don't need anyone to come over. Did 5k in MS in about 2 minutes. No line = so much MS.
Do all the krogers have this new system? How do you differentiate between the new and old one?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:00 pm

not all yet, and the new one looks like not the old one. Its a redesigned UI look, so you will notice if you have ever done UScan before.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by shitrus

does the self scan impose a limit, like $2k per trans?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
Odd experience this afternoon with MOs at Kroger... Around lunchtime, I was successful in purchasing 2k in MO at a Kroger MP. However, about an hour or so later, while at a different Kroger, I received the not authorized message on all 4 OV swipes, again while attempting to purchase 2k in MOs. I checked the balance after leaving the store and all OV cards show $500. I then drove to another Kroger, but experienced the same result.

The 4 OV cards that worked were purchased this morning at CVS. The 4 OV cards that didn't work were purchased today at two different RA locations. I've had the random OV card give me problems before, but never all 4.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by ukguy78
Odd experience this afternoon with MOs at Kroger... Around lunchtime, I was successful in purchasing 2k in MO at a Kroger MP. However, about an hour or so later, while at a different Kroger, I received the not authorized message on all 4 OV swipes, again while attempting to purchase 2k in MOs. I checked the balance after leaving the store and all OV cards show $500. I then drove to another Kroger, but experienced the same result.

The 4 OV cards that worked were purchased this morning at CVS. The 4 OV cards that didn't work were purchased today at two different RA locations. I've had the random OV card give me problems before, but never all 4.
Would you say Kroger's is easier to buy MOs than places like WM?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
Honestly, not really. The vast majority of Kroger stores in my area no longer allow MO with OV or similar cards.

Last edited by ukguy78; Jun 2, 2016 at 2:43 pm
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:28 pm

Did you load the 25 cents off digital coupon to your Kroger card and had it scanned when you bought the MO? I happened to me another day. I stop using the digital coupon and the problem does not happen any more.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by linlin2
Did you load the 25 cents off digital coupon to your Kroger card and had it scanned when you bought the MO? I happened to me another day. I stop using the digital coupon and the problem does not happen any more.
No, I've never bothered to load that coupon on my plus card.

In any event, all four cards worked fine this morning for MOs. When I checked the OV balances before heading to Kroger, I noticed all 4 showed a different load time that what they did yesterday, so I'm guessing the problem was on the OV end.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 1:57 pm

Wow, the money orders where I live is only .59. I asked how much I could get in one day, the CS told me the limit was 5k.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 3:24 pm

Hammer finally dropped at my last MO holdout (local Fred Meyer).

Head CSR told me, and I'm paraphrasing, that since I've bought so many money orders Western Union told her that I was structuring (that word came out of her mouth) and she needed my SSN and driver's license. Politely told her that wasn't going to happen and left. Needless to say I'm not going back...

For me, MS is now truly over. (Until it isn't.)
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:47 am

How did western union know you bought so many money orders? I assume you didn't give your info when you were buying them.

Man, people are so stupid. (sup and WU people, not you)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.