Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This thread covers posts before 2018 only. The new thread is here.

Check cash back portals to help cover the fees. Around the holidays there is usually free shipping. http://www.cashbackmonitor.com/cashback-store/giftcards.com/

Limit 5k/day (2 orders under 2.5k including the fees). Cards must be activated before use. Orders usually arrive in 5-7 days. Monthly limit is just 5k * days in the month.

Select the free letter on the left instead of paying for a card on the right of the screen.

Visa issued by metabank.

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have them reissued.
Print Wikipost

giftcards.com master thread(up to 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
Anyone else getting a checkout error on GC.com right now?
We are unable to checkout at this time. Please try again.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Skyzer
Does anybody used GS.com gift Cards to buy MO at USPS office?
I tried twice (2 different Cards) using DEBIT (as the only option
available to buy MO) with PIN and both times Failed.. "Authorization failed"
Just curious, should I give another try at different USPS location or those cards
doesn't work for that?
Thanks.
It Doesn't work at USPS.
check this thread for more info
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:34 am

befrugal advertises 1.2% but I received 1.25% for yesterday's order.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by randomdude
We are unable to checkout at this time. Please try again.
Yeah. Same error for me. I wonder if its all gc.com purchases. Seems like a conspiracy lol. Right before they pull the 1.25% they don't allow any purchases.

Last edited by cdog999; Apr 1, 2017 at 1:28 pm
Old Apr 1, 2017, 1:31 pm

The error is only with VGCs... I just did a test staples one and I can get the cart to pull up.

Just called (877) 944-3822
they suggested I get other to call to report the error as it will elevate this with their technical team to resolve.

Last edited by cdog999; Apr 1, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Premier-1K, DM,SM,BA,AA & SPG
Getting same error. Talked with CSR they said send a screen shot to:

[email protected]

also said clear history and cookies, but that didn't work for me.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 12:46 pm

quick questions,
Does Walmart take Master gift card (PIN already setup) as a debit card to buy a MO?
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by hp9688
quick questions,
Does Walmart take Master gift card (PIN already setup) as a debit card to buy a MO?
Yes, you have to swipe and hit cancel FAST then select debit and finally enter your PIN number.
Not for the faint of heart.
JCD
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:47 pm

I get that GC.com allows one to MS a lot more volume than GCM ($150 - $155k/month vs. $15k) but how do you guys make it profitable? GC.com is just over 1% profit, by my math, after all of their fees and lower portal cashback rates. Is it worth it because of the volume? 1% of $100k is still $1000, after all.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by Mancolt
I get that GC.com allows one to MS a lot more volume than GCM ($150 - $155k/month vs. $15k) but how do you guys make it profitable? GC.com is just over 1% profit, by my math, after all of their fees and lower portal cashback rates. Is it worth it because of the volume? 1% of $100k is still $1000, after all.
The only reason why I stick with GCM even though GC is a lot more transparent: With GCM I make money whereas with GC I lose some.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
The only reason why I stick with GCM even though GC is a lot more transparent: With GCM I make money whereas with GC I lose some.
With GC, it's even more loss now.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:53 pm

So why do so many use GC...Convenience? Willingness to lose a little bit to meet minimum spends? Lack of math skills? A secret portal that the rest of us aren't aware of?

I am still considering it for the fact that I can get $500 VGCs with my name on them, with a slight profit, and to meet minimum spends. My concern, as is the case with GCM, is meeting minimum spends from a website that has giftcard in the name. At least with GCM I was breaking even or making a tiny bit without factoring in points.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Mancolt
So why do so many use GC...Convenience? Willingness to lose a little bit to meet minimum spends? Lack of math skills? A secret portal that the rest of us aren't aware of?

I am still considering it for the fact that I can get $500 VGCs with my name on them, with a slight profit, and to meet minimum spends. My concern, as is the case with GCM, is meeting minimum spends from a website that has giftcard in the name. At least with GCM I was breaking even or making a tiny bit without factoring in points.
Maybe you should do the math out to see if it's a lost.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
Yes, you have to swipe and hit cancel FAST then select debit and finally enter your PIN number.
Not for the faint of heart.
JCD
Do the MC gift cards work easier at PO or Grocery stores. Hitting cancel, debit fast stresses me at WM.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:59 pm

Has anyone else had numerous transactions from GC.com cancelled? I've tried to place 2 orders now (last night and today) and GC.com has been cancelling them shortly after processing the transaction. My CC shows the $1 authorization hold, and I know there's no issue with my card data matching what I typed in.

How have you guys gotten them to accept your orders? My first attempt was for $2k, the next attempt was for $1k. The first one was cancelled in minutes, the second one in about an hour and a half.

I've never previously ordered from GC.com. FWIW, I believe I'm presently banned from GCM because of their ridiculously horrendous system. Attempted to place too many orders with them (unsuccessfully).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.