Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
Limits

As of November 20th, 2014, Loyal3 does not allows purchases of $10, $25 and $50 with a credit card.

Maximum purchase generally limited to $10,000 per IPO and $2,500 per month per non-IPO stock.
No Cash Advance:
Bank of America Virgin Atlantic
Bank of America Alaska Air
Barclaycard Arrival
Capital One (All Cards)
Citi Platinum AAdvantage Visa
Chase Hyatt
Chase Freedom
Chase Marriott
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United Business
US Bank Flex Perks

Cash Advance:
*Data Needed

Placing Orders

- Make sure when you place an order, the funding source is selected as your CC and not the Checking account that it defaults too. Loyal3 won't cancel the buy order, and some have suggested the only way is to put a stop on the amount by contacting your bank.

Current Stocks Available for Trade

*A total of sixty-two (62) as of 10/14/2014
  1. NASDAQ: FOX
  2. NASDAQ: AMZN
  3. NASDAQ: AAPL
  4. NASDAQ: ATVI
  5. NASDAQ: BWLD
  6. NASDAQ: DISCA
  7. NASDAQ: DNKN
  8. NASDAQ: EA
  9. NASDAQ: EIGI
  10. NASDAQ: FB
  11. NASDAQ: FTR
  12. NASDAQ: GPRO
  13. NASDAQ: GOOGL
  14. NASDAQ: HAS
  15. NASDAQ: INTC
  16. NASDAQ: KRFT
  17. NASDAQ: MAT
  18. NASDAQ: MSFT
  19. NASDAQ: MDLZ
  20. NASDAQ: MNST
  21. NASDAQ: PLAY
  22. NASDAQ: SBUX
  23. NASDAQ: VIAB
  24. NASDAQ: YHOO
  25. NYSE: GLOB
  26. NYSE: AMC
  27. NYSE: ANF
  28. NYSE: ARO
  29. NYSE: AEO
  30. NYSE: BABA
  31. NYSE: BUD
  32. NYSE: BRK.B
  33. NYSE: BBY
  34. NYSE: BKW
  35. NYSE: KO
  36. NYSE: DIS
  37. NYSE: DPS
  38. NYSE: GPS
  39. NYSE: HSY
  40. NYSE: HUBS
  41. NYSE: KATE
  42. NYSE: K
  43. NYSE: KSS
  44. NYSE: LB
  45. NYSE: M
  46. NYSE: MCD
  47. NYSE: NKE
  48. NYSE: NOK
  49. NYSE: PVH
  50. NYSE: PEP
  51. NYSE: ZQK
  52. NYSE: RL
  53. NYSE: SC
  54. NYSE: TGT
  55. NYSE: TWX
  56. NYSE: TRUP
  57. NYSE: TWTR
  58. NYSE: UL
  59. NYSE: VFC
  60. NYSE: WMT
  61. NYSE: WWE
  62. NYSE: YUM

IPO's for Trade Now

Print Wikipost

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by oohaahouch
i have a 200$ gc from ataples in my car, i can try and report ~30 min
Nice. But due note that they going to take few days to process your payments, so let us know if it passed or not also =D.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US
Originally Posted by Shuai Zeng
Nice. But due note that they going to take few days to process your payments, so let us know if it passed or not also =D.
i thought it was instant! well we should know soon... lunch is almost over
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
I was talking about more the buying and selling of stocks, potentially many times a month. Tracking your gains and losses depending on how many trades you are making.

Plus, there are already people that have been shutdown by loyal3 for abusing this.
Loyal3 is going to be like any other broker, they'll send you a year end summary.

I made ~900 trades last year. Brokers are required by law to track all the information (capital gains, acquision/sale dates, etc.). I didn't have to do anything. End of the year I get a nice long report detailing every transaction along with my total short term and long term gains/losses.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US
Originally Posted by Shuai Zeng
Also, another thought on this. Since they take CC / Debit. Couldn't we unload the GC on them if we can bare the risk? Anyone want to try it with GC?
placed $200 order, L3 did not refuse the gc, gc doesnt show a charge yet, lets see how it ends.

Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by oohaahouch
placed $200 order, L3 did not refuse the gc, gc doesnt show a charge yet, lets see how it ends.

Ditto experience here with a $10 visa rebate card

Interesting timing, the CEO of L3 was on cnbc as I walked in from work this evening.... nothing new to add, just caught last 30 seconds of interview
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Ditto experience here with a $10 visa rebate card

Interesting timing, the CEO of L3 was on cnbc as I walked in from work this evening.... nothing new to add, just caught last 30 seconds of interview
The interview is already on L3 youtube site already lol, only 3 minutes long that basically give no real information.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 5:13 pm

are logic and critical thinking courses still offered at university? just curious...
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:28 pm

If one planned on buying these stocks anyways and holding for the long term. It's fine. If folks think they're going to MS they're going to get shell shocked. There is something called the bid/ask spread that can eat you alive when trying to turn and burn stocks; especially if you don't get to set the limit. What's worse is that Loyal3 is probably trying to make money off the spread. Assuming the price stays the same, you'll still lose money.

The market fluctuates a lot on a daily basis. A lot of investors have no self-control and will try to time the market. Again, you'll lose.

As for me, I'm sticking with Vanguard and TD Ameritrade.

99% of the population should stick to index funds and bonds. Nobody ever plans on getting addicted to heroine, but it happens to almost every user. Don't think you're special and can beat the system.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by jonnyd13
Fortunately I do not envision the IRS requiring us to disclose method of purchase. Plus, we are technically paying loyal3 who is then making the actual purchase. I would take the stance that my cost basis is exactly what I paid to loyal3.
Unfortunately, you are wrong on all accounts.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by scoder
If one planned on buying these stocks anyways and holding for the long term. It's fine. If folks think they're going to MS they're going to get shell shocked. There is something called the bid/ask spread that can eat you alive when trying to turn and burn stocks; especially if you don't get to set the limit. What's worse is that Loyal3 is probably trying to make money off the spread. Assuming the price stays the same, you'll still lose money.
This isn't 1975. Bid/ask spreads on large cap, highly liquid stocks are a penny. AAPL, MSFT, etc. When is the last time you traded outside of ETFs?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Berkshire is basically a mutual fund
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:40 pm

folks think they're going to MS they're going to get shell shocked. There is something called the bid/ask spread that can eat you alive when trying to turn and burn stocks;
Speak for yourself.

I gained $45 on Berkshire Hathaway, lost $4 on Coke, and lost $150 on Walmart.

I don't consider that a $100 loss because I hit two high-value signup bonuses that I never would have hit with regular spending.

Oh, and if you used Fidelity Visa + Great Bridge Group, you'd have to lose 2.5% just to break even the value of the cashback....

However, those who are putting in extremely high volumes are getting nerfed, according to the MMM thread.

Better just to use to hit signup bonuses in the comfort of your home, than to try to move high five-figures per month....
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by tjguitar85
Speak for yourself.

I don't consider that a $100 loss because I hit two high-value signup bonuses that I never would have hit with regular spending.

Oh, and if you used Fidelity Visa + Great Bridge Group, you'd have to lose 2.5% just to break even the value of the cashback....

However, those who are putting in extremely high volumes are getting nerfed, according to the MMM thread.

Better just to use to hit signup bonuses in the comfort of your home, than to try to move high five-figures per month....
What's a "MMM" thread???
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, Hilton Silver, SPG Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by tjguitar85
Speak for yourself.

Just curious, about how much did you put in total and over what general timeframe?
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:29 pm

I've had a loyal3 account for about a year now. Haven't made any sell trades (just purchases of stocks I would buy anyways) but they sent over a detailed tax statement at the end of the year which seemed like it track your correct tax basis.

They recently made an annoying change around dividends. Now they use your dividends to make the monthly purchase before charging your credit card. You used to be able to let your dividends grow in your cash account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.