Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by FTaddict
I'm trying to pay using One Vanilla Visa Debit card but it says it will charge 3% fee.

I thought One Vanilla visa card works with Evolve without the fee?
That was a pretty big rock u were living under for awhile there.
Old May 22, 2015, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
That was a pretty big rock u were living under for awhile there.
lmao
Old May 23, 2015, 9:56 pm

Does anyone here have CitiMortgage that can tell me if they allow the mortgage payment in multiple payments? I want to use Rlits but will have to split between 2 Rlits since the max is $500 per Rlit.
Old May 24, 2015, 5:05 am

Does anyone here have CitiMortgage that can tell me if they allow the mortgage payment in multiple payments? I want to use Rlits but will have to split between 2 Rlits since the max is $500 per Rlit.
Yes CitiMortgage will take multiple payments AFTER the 15th of the month assuming your payment date is the 1st of the month. They will put the partial funds in suspense until the full amount of your payment is received and then apply payment when all are there. I have done partials when Evolve was fee free, but sadly no more.
Old May 24, 2015, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by yenner
Yes CitiMortgage will take multiple payments AFTER the 15th of the month assuming your payment date is the 1st of the month. They will put the partial funds in suspense until the full amount of your payment is received and then apply payment when all are there. I have done partials when Evolve was fee free, but sadly no more.
Thanks. Yes my payment date is the 1st of every month. I was going to try to pay via Rlits so that was why I was curious. Also is there a 1 Rlit payment per day rule or can you make 2 Rlit payments per day spaced out between a few hours? I would like to minimize the gap in days between mortgage payments.
Old May 30, 2015, 7:09 am

Has anyone made a payment today? Trying to pay my mortgage with my suntrust card and I am gettig an error from Evolve and the payment is not being pocessed. Yet I am showing a pending payment on my suntrust Account.
Old May 30, 2015, 2:24 pm

Thanks. Yes my payment date is the 1st of every month. I was going to try to pay via Rlits so that was why I was curious. Also is there a 1 Rlit payment per day rule or can you make 2 Rlit payments per day spaced out between a few hours? I would like to minimize the gap in days between mortgage payments.
Normally i made two $495 RL payments to my mortgage a day spaced out 10 minutes.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:43 pm

Most recent email. Explains my errors i guess

An Important Message About Paying
with Credit and Debit Cards
Dear Evolve Money Customer,

In an effort to increase security measures, we have made a change to Evolve Money that affects certain credit or debit cards that you have used to fund your bill payments. This change was made due to the fact that the address you provided us for your card does not match the address the issuing bank has on file for the card.

The next time you login to Evolve Money, you will no longer see the affected card(s) available for use. You will need to add these cards again with accurate address information for future use, or use a different card. If accurate address information is not provided, you will not be able to add the card.

Some gift cards may no longer be supported.

If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support at [email protected]. As always, thanks for your continued support of Evolve Money.

The Evolve Money team
Old Jun 1, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
lol @ "some" gift cards.....anyone dare to share?
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:00 am

Has anyone ever used Evolve to add money to their Edward Jones account? Edward Jones shows up as an option on Evolve but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be used for the Edward Jones credit card or if it can be used to fund an account.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by dwhoyle
Has anyone ever used Evolve to add money to their Edward Jones account? Edward Jones shows up as an option on Evolve but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be used for the Edward Jones credit card or if it can be used to fund an account.

Try a dollar perhaps?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:45 pm

gift cards still supported?

Originally Posted by Trinob
Most recent email. Explains my errors i guess

An Important Message About Paying
with Credit and Debit Cards
Dear Evolve Money Customer,

In an effort to increase security measures, we have made a change to Evolve Money that affects certain credit or debit cards that you have used to fund your bill payments. This change was made due to the fact that the address you provided us for your card does not match the address the issuing bank has on file for the card.

The next time you login to Evolve Money, you will no longer see the affected card(s) available for use. You will need to add these cards again with accurate address information for future use, or use a different card. If accurate address information is not provided, you will not be able to add the card.

Some gift cards may no longer be supported.

If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support at [email protected]. As always, thanks for your continued support of Evolve Money.

The Evolve Money team
Is this a change? Are some or all gift cards not allowed now?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I got an email today from Evolve saying that Discover cards are "no longer supported" and that "for my convenience" they have deleted the stored card from my account.

I haven't used Evolve in ages, but I'm even less likely to do so now.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by festdave
I got an email today from Evolve saying that Discover cards are "no longer supported" and that "for my convenience" they have deleted the stored card from my account.

Just in time for the double cash back promo....
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by festdave

Lol, every time we think they couldn't possibly become any more useless, they find a way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.