Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:33 am

Take it from someone who has tried this before... Great way to completely lose a financial institution. Also, many won't apply the payments until days later, racking up interest.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:42 am

I did this with Regions. They were okay with it for about 3 months. Then they called to ask what was up with all the small payments. They thought I was laundering or structuring I guess. Anyway they closed my account after that. Wasted a hard pull.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: RR,UMP,IHG,UR
Originally Posted by WhateverDude
I did this with Regions. They were okay with it for about 3 months. Then they called to ask what was up with all the small payments. They thought I was laundering or structuring I guess. Anyway they closed my account after that. Wasted a hard pull.
Be careful. Accusations of structuring could lead to felony charges if people want to be overzealous.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SW Companion
Originally Posted by concordian
My mortgage company screwed up and its not an Evolve issue. They put the money in a "suspense account". After Evolve sent me a screenshot of the payment they sent to mortgage company, company was able to verify my payment.

I got that additional payment applied to October statement and paid the remaining balance using Evolve
Why would a leinder put the payment in a suspense account? I have a similar situation where US Bank did the same thing.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
You, Sir/Madam. Have missed the entire purpose of this game. Line of Credit start charging interest the moment you advance, plus some banks charge "cash advance" fees on top of that, plus with bill pay it will most likely take some days to post to the Line of Credit, I play this game so that i don't pay interest, your idea will only make me pay interest.
I'd suggest that's a bit harsh, or at least short-sighted. Have some imagination!

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Regions? For "Regions Bank Consumer Loans," right? Were you paying a CC or Credit Line?

Originally Posted by a1will
Be careful. Accusations of structuring could lead to felony charges if people want to be overzealous.
We run the same risk using AFT with all of our $400 ATM withdrawal->bank deposits. I assume most of us even do it at the same ATM.

Last edited by FreshFalcon; Oct 17, 2014 at 2:54 pm
Old Oct 15, 2014, 11:31 pm

anyone who is paying finance fees to do the MS game is defeating the whole purpose of MS...
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by kaiotes
anyone who is paying finance fees to do the MS game is defeating the whole purpose of MS...
Not necessarily true. You can yield 4% on your card purchased, and your annual loan rate is low enough you can make the math work.

I have my remaining mortgage on a HELOC and I am nearing total payoff. I had anticipated that I may in the future pull cash out and pay down. I'd need to organize it to not tick off the provider but it could be done. Say pull 3 months worth (@$500 ea) and then pay down. Average balance outstanding 1.5 months or $750. If my loan was at prime, $750 financed over a year at 3.25% = $25 per year. 12*500*.04 = $240, less $25 = $215.

The big issue is the one payment per month, and the limited number of ways to obtain distinct low rate loans. This was much more interesting when we could do 4 payments a month.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: AA Gold
Wiki: One payment per biller; go by "charge date"; not "payment date".

Is that positive? CSR told me that it goes by "payment date." Any experience? TIA.

Last edited by Henry II; Oct 17, 2014 at 10:33 am
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by Henry II
Wiki: One payment per biller; go by "charge date"; not "payment date".

Is that positive? CSR told me that it goes by "payment date." Any experience? TIA.
Read the wiki and believe it.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Tried to make a utility payment yesterday, one I've made before and the account is stored on Evolve. Found a message in my email this morning that the payment failed "due to problems with your card". I just called OV, and the full amount is still on the card. I know OVs haven't been working at WM the last couple of days. Not sure if this is related. Anyone make a payment with a OV yesterday?
So, anyone can confirm that OV is still working with Evolve?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by shingu79
So, anyone can confirm that OV is still working with Evolve?
Worked for me today.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:21 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Originally Posted by cmlsu
Why would a leinder put the payment in a suspense account? I have a similar situation where US Bank did the same thing.
Because most mortgage lenders don't accept partial payments. That is a condition of most mortgage loans. They put it in a suspense account as a courtesy until the full monthly payment amount has been received.

They then credit your account for the monthly payment.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:16 am

Paid my utility (gas/electric and separately a water) bill today. Was allow to pay today (not scheduled a few days forward) without the [expedite] fee.

(Also used OV)
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Has anyone been able to use Simon VGCs for bill pay ITT that can provide some info? I'm getting, "Card entered is not supported for Evolve Money payment. (e718)". I have read the wiki and searched various KWs so please don't hurt me.

Also for Reloadits (found a nearby store): other than the 6 minute rule and scheduling suggestions, are people just using the $950 cards one at a time to pay off each bill? Anything else I should be aware of that? Thanks everyone! I love each and every one of you.

Last edited by queensgambit; Oct 22, 2014 at 10:45 pm
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by queensgambit
Also for Reloadits (found a nearby store): other than the 6 minute rule and scheduling suggestions, are people just using the $950 cards one at a time to pay off each bill? Anything else I should be aware of that? Thanks everyone! I love each and every one of you.
Where can you buy $950 RLs with a credit card? My only source is Safeway, and anything over @$496 needs a managers approval. Pretty sure they would balk at $950 on one RL....

I stick to the RLs with a maximum load of $500, since some of the old $950 cards still say "cash only" on them, and I'd rather not have to check for that each time I pick one up.

I only use RLs for T-Mobile loads, since T-M refunds my purchase fee. I use OVs for Evolve.

Anyway, as for your question, I'm loading $500 OVs to Evolve, and using that to pay various bills like utilities, HOA fees, etc. that otherwise either won't take a cc, or have way too high a fee for using a cc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.