Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Red259
I'm a bit confused about how to use evolve with the changes. I have a loan payment of around $900. Am I still able to get two giftcards and load them on the same day and make the payment and have that one payment of around $900 go through? I notice when I load the card it wants to know what bill I am paying. Do I load one card and select the loan provider and then load the second card immediately thereafter and do the same thing and both amounts will count towards the same payment or am I stuck with just using the $500 from the gift card?
Not sure what is so confusing about the changes? 1 card = 1 transaction. Therefore you can't run two GCs through EVEN if its on the same day. As soon as the first one goes through, your second GC will be rejected. Just face it, we are restricted to $500/month. Just pay the remaining $400 via checking account.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:54 pm

hmm..
i submitted two transactions for 200 each to the same biller just now for payment the 4th.
they took money from both of my debit accounts.
we'll see if the transactions go through. maybe they are behind on implementation.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by josephstern
Actually, I disagree in part.

Plenty of us would pay a fee to use debit and gift cards also. I think that's where the sweet spot is.

There are numerous other companies offering bill pay via credit card for a fee. And none are very popular because the economics just don't incentive people to use those services.

But if Evolve can figure out a fee to use debit and gift cards for bill payment where they make a little and still engage customers, we have a long-term model.
That is the problem. The cost of processing for anybody is greater than the cost we are willing to pay. So either someone has to lose money or someone like Evolve has to think they can reinvent the wheel. Which they thought they had, but turned out the new one was square and didn't work very. We are back to round wheels
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:35 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
That is the problem. The cost of processing for anybody is greater than the cost we are willing to pay. So either someone has to lose money or someone like Evolve has to think they can reinvent the wheel. Which they thought they had, but turned out the new one was square and didn't work very. We are back to round wheels
I disagree - I'd happily pay 2.75% to Square if they let me run thru GC's as much as I wanted.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Stoughton
I disagree - I'd happily pay 2.75% to Square if they let me run thru GC's as much as I wanted.
Not being worried that you are providing an outlet for money laundering is also part of the round wheel
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:26 am

Has anyone had problems making payments for Sept? I have not made any payments yet to a biller but it is saying I exceeded my # and can try next month. Maybe a delay in resetting?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by ncsam79
Yes - that's the problem with the changes from Evolve. Now, any bill over $500 can't be paid with GC, unless you can magically come up with GC > $500. Each time you hit the pay bill button, it counts as 1 transaction. Since they will now be limiting you to only 1 transaction per biller per month, you're out of luck. Unless, of course you use something like the Buxx cards, but then you're still limited to between 500 and 1000. Makes it much less useful to use the service.
Maybe Evolve will come up with a way to make a single payment from 3 or 4 payment sources?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by mill3804
Has anyone had problems making payments for Sept? I have not made any payments yet to a biller but it is saying I exceeded my # and can try next month. Maybe a delay in resetting?
I made payments to two billers yesterday, no problems
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:34 am

No issue sending payments for a handful of billers yesterday, pushed the rest of my mortgage payment from Serve, so despite being less useful overall, Evolve still serves it's purpose to a small degree.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Same here: Paid my car, utility and water bills with no issues on Sept 1
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:26 am

Not having a USBank ATM around, Evolve is still the best way to unload USBuxx for me (to legitimate bills).
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:45 am

"4 payments/month limit until Aug" -- does it mean the system only allow upto 3 payments/month (before Sep 1)? I got a suspension email on my mortgage account, paid 4 times in aug and one time in sep... the email said "closed due to the volume processed".... any chance to appeal?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by susieling
"4 payments/month limit until Aug" -- does it mean the system only allow upto 3 payments/month (before Sep 1)? I got a suspension email on my mortgage account, paid 4 times in aug and one time in sep... the email said "closed due to the volume processed".... any chance to appeal?
The limit was four in August. Did you make mortgage payments from more than one evolve account?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234
The limit was four in August. Did you make mortgage payments from more than one evolve account?
No, I have only one evolve account. The 4 payments were sent on 2 continous days (8/30 and 8/31), each submitted with 2 * $ 500 VGC, with about a few hours in between. The fifth is sent on Sept 1, with another $500 VGC. Is the pattern too close?
Old Sep 3, 2014, 2:12 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by susieling
No, I have only one evolve account. The 4 payments were sent on 2 continous days (8/30 and 8/31), each submitted with 2 * $ 500 VGC, with about a few hours in between. The fifth is sent on Sept 1, with another $500 VGC. Is the pattern too close?
Hard to say, but it doesn't really matter going forward as you are limited to 1 total payment per month per payee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.