Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 15, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
As of 6/19/2014, Walmart does not accept debit transactions above $49.99 from cards issued by Bancorp, namely Vanilla Visas (OV, VGC, etc.). Attempts result in "Alternate Tender Required," "Debit Not Available," and/or some other error message, at both registers and the Money Center Express (MCE, kiosk, Kate, ATM).

There is no workaround.
Print Wikipost

Problem loading Bluebird with Vanilla Visa GC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS
OV are dead. Cool. I don't use them anyway. Neener-neener-neener. :P
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by ceverett
OV are dead. Cool. I don't use them anyway. Neener-neener-neener. :P
Lol which Walmart did you frequent? Eagan, Apple valley, Bloomington, Roseville ..........
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by cdancer20
I'm not the only one posting this information on these threads.
no, but the more of YOU there are the quicker the next one dies as well...loose lips sink ships
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25
Lol which Walmart did you frequent? Eagan, Apple valley, Bloomington, Roseville ..........
I just visited WalMart kiosk in Eagan at about 10:05pm and it would not take my Vanilla gift cards
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by PowerMan572
I just visited WalMart kiosk in Eagan at about 10:05pm and it would not take my Vanilla gift cards
They were one of the better wm around. (Employee training wise)
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: SW CP, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold

Today is the day we need to worry about now. Hopefully it goes back to normal.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25
They were one of the better wm around. (Employee training wise)
I work the night shift, so I'll go back in the morning once I get off and try it. I'll be going about 7:30am and test it.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:56 pm

I work the night shift, so I'll go back in the morning once I get off and try it. I'll be going about 7:30am and test it.
Sounds good. I'm a nightshifter too, got cancelled tonight and slept all day...so I've got nothing better to do but try to be quiet and not wake my wife / baby up.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by kenshin251
.... Wiki entry is NOT funny!
I fixed it.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
I fixed it.
I like the new wiki. Thanks, lol.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:31 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
There is a workaroumd

I just unloaded a 500 VGC. You have to do it in small increments. $90 at a time, 5 times, then a final $50. Plus Kate sometimes spazzes and will say card not accepted upon swiping. You need to wait a minute or two or use another card. It's effectively killing it though since the time it takes to unload a 500 VGC in 6 swipes is totally impractical. The extra free in using GCs from groceries trumps the pain in unloading. Or just liquidate via MO at places other than Walmart.

Last edited by floressalicis; Jun 18, 2014 at 11:46 pm
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by floressalicis
I just unloaded a 500 VGC. You have to do it in small increments. $90 at a time, 5 times, then a final $50. Plus Kate spazzes and will say card not accepted upon swiping. You need to wait or use another card. It's effectively killing it though since the time it takes to unload a 500 VGC in 6 swipes is totally impractical. The extra free in using GCs from groceries trumps the pain in unloading. Or just liquidate via MO at places other than Walmart.
Bingo!
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:34 pm

I just unloaded a 500 VGC. You have to do it in small increments. $90 at a time, 5 times, then a final $50. Plus Kate spazzes and will say card not accepted upon swiping. You need to wait or use another card. It's effectively killing it though since the time it takes to unload a 500 VGC in 6 swipes is totally impractical. The extra free in using GCs from groceries trumps the pain in unloading. Or just liquidate via MO at places other than Walmart.
That blows...

I wonder why even set a limit though? If your gonna kill something do it right, ya know?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:44 pm

Programs: Southwest CP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
If this is a true workaround WM is shooting themselves in the foot. This would mean they are incurring even more swipe fees than before.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skibum7732
hush
haha i dont know why you bother. just let big mouth and the rest of the peanut gallery kill all his ms methods until none are left. he will then give up and maybe bring the rest of his big mouth brethern with him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.