Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhateverDude
Please report any successful debit transactions after 8/1/2013 on the wiki. Currently majority of reports indicate failure after 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Cannot unload at Walmart as of 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Retailers listed
Home Depot Sears Ace True Value Lowes Orchard Supply Menards Northern Tool & Equipment Restoration Hardware Tractor Supply Stores Lumber Liquidators Do It Best 84 Lumber United Hardware Aubuchon Hardware Handy Hardware Harbor Freight Sherwin Williams Kelly Moore Dunn Edwards Benjamin Moore ToolUp.Com

List of retailers that accept HIGC to buy other Gift cards

Home Depot, Lowes, Sears
Print Wikipost

Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by LoneTree
So if I buy a Sears GC and request a refund, that's fraud?
Repeatedly and/or for the purpose of gaining something when you had no intention of using the card for it's intended purpose, I would argue yes.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since asking for a refund is not against the law or even the terms of service, I fail to see how it could in any way be considered fraud. The business can of course choose not to deal with someone anymore, but there can be no legal repercussions. Even if you consider it unethical, unethical does not equal fraud. RFDMinnesota is using the wrong word.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Since asking for a refund is not against the law or even the terms of service, I fail to see how it could in any way be considered fraud. The business can of course choose not to deal with someone anymore, but there can be no legal repercussions. Even if you consider it unethical, unethical does not equal fraud. RFDMinnesota is using the wrong word.
The fraud is buying a gift card with no intent to use it. That would be practically impossible to prove, but I can see them making that argument.

However I would NEVER accuse a customer of fraud except in a serious matter. Instead they could have said something like they feel the purchases are not in the spirit of the HIGC program.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Given that the business doesn't sell their products directly, there is no easy way for them to do so. And I didn't allege asking for a refund to be fraudulent. To me, the OP's behavior falls within the definition I provided. Since I'm sure you didn't read it, I'll provide it again

http://dictionary.law.com/Default.aspx?selected=785

and if you're still confused, try looking it up on findlaw.com or spend a whole bunch of time reading this article: http://www.jstor.org/stable/192004
Old Mar 25, 2014, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rrgg
The fraud is buying a gift card with no intent to use it. That would be practically impossible to prove, but I can see them making that argument.

However I would NEVER accuse a customer of fraud except in a serious matter. Instead they could have said something like they feel the purchases are not in the spirit of the HIGC program.
No, that wouldn't be fraud, either. There is no law stating you must use what you buy.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Can these still be purchased at our formerly popular 3 lettered VR retailer?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Bought 5 @ OM with INK paid Lowe's LAR, picked up 12,500 HIGC works for me..
Old May 20, 2014, 9:23 am

Best way to liquidate HIGC?

My local grocery chain is having a sale on the HIGC: $15 off $100 gift card. Do Lowes/Home Depot sell Visa gift cards and can they split tender?

Last edited by michael_v; May 20, 2014 at 9:33 am
Old May 20, 2014, 9:37 am

No no
Old May 20, 2014, 9:41 am

If Lowes/Home Depot sell Visa gc, you probably won't see any HIGC on racks now.
Old May 20, 2014, 10:27 am

call for a refund
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Are these things still available at OD? I actually have some modest purchases coming up at Home Depot/Lowes (we're fixing up the basement, and the wife wants a new BBQ!) and the OD where I used to find the HIGC doesn't seem to stock them anymore. Before I drive all over the place looking for 'em, I figured I'd check to see if they've been seen in the wild recently.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
You can buy HD gift cards for more than the discount you get buying these.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:10 pm

Mind sharing some details. need to make a moderate purchase @homedepot. thx

Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
You can buy HD gift cards for more than the discount you get buying these.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by zgrzfg
Mind sharing some details. need to make a moderate purchase @homedepot. thx
www.giftcardgranny.com Use a CC to buy; get points and a discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.