Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WhateverDude
Please report any successful debit transactions after 8/1/2013 on the wiki. Currently majority of reports indicate failure after 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Cannot unload at Walmart as of 4PM EST on 8/1/13.

Retailers listed
Home Depot Sears Ace True Value Lowes Orchard Supply Menards Northern Tool & Equipment Restoration Hardware Tractor Supply Stores Lumber Liquidators Do It Best 84 Lumber United Hardware Aubuchon Hardware Handy Hardware Harbor Freight Sherwin Williams Kelly Moore Dunn Edwards Benjamin Moore ToolUp.Com

List of retailers that accept HIGC to buy other Gift cards

Home Depot, Lowes, Sears
Print Wikipost

Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Lol

Marathon man gives this town the nod as they both ms into the bust ms day ahead
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ThisTown
Says "Let's keep this on the D/L"

Posts it in FT MS forum. . .
im saying, don't post it on fatwallet and every other blog this side of the mississippi. this one can be just for us here. And I did not originally post it!!
someone else did i just confirmed it worked!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:06 am

Unless I can get it at OD, there's no point. I see them at CVS but I'd rather just get ice cream.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:08 am

just tried. didn't work.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:16 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
quotes him, so that even if someone PMd him to remove that post, now yours has it repeated again
Me Grimlock, I mean Dapper Don, no like when deals are killed.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:34 am

just picked up a $500 HIGC. will head to H$%$%%$% later to try. If it doesn't work, I can always request refund through Incomm.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by BarnyardRomeo
im saying, don't post it on fatwallet and every other blog this side of the mississippi. this one can be just for us here. And I did not originally post it!!
someone else did i just confirmed it worked!
How many MillionMileSecrets and View from the Wing posts end with "Hat Tip FlyerTalk"?

They've likely already read this. Salivating at the opportunity to fill the post with Ink application links.

I'm just saying, if you think posting here keeps things quiet, then you should probably reevaluate.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by ThisTown
I'm just saying, if you think posting here keeps things quiet, then you should probably reevaluate.
You mean what gets posted here is sometimes ripped & reposted for one's own personal financial benefit with little regard to the ramifications of such? Say it isn't so!
I'm going to load up on these cards before the masses get wind of this !
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:44 pm

BOOOM!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:07 pm

Yeah but the whole thing is to get it at places that qualify for 5% though? (so, CVS does not count?).. does OD sell that with CC?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: No preference
Originally Posted by Arch Devil
Yeah but the whole thing is to get it at places that qualify for 5% though? (so, CVS does not count?).. does OD sell that with CC?
Have you tried?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
You mean what gets posted here is sometimes ripped & reposted for one's own personal financial benefit with little regard to the ramifications of such? Say it isn't so!
I'm going to load up on these cards before the masses get wind of this !
Your portrayal is unlikely to be true. Since most of what these blogs post doesn't directly gain them money but does convey useful information, a more accurate claim would be that they sometimes gain a little profit while dispensing information. You'd have to know a lot more about them personally before you could reach your negative conclusion about their motives, and such a blanket condemnation is almost always going to be wrong.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Your portrayal is unlikely to be true. Since most of what these blogs post doesn't directly gain them money but does convey useful information, a more accurate claim would be that they sometimes gain a little profit while dispensing information. You'd have to know a lot more about them personally before you could reach your negative conclusion about their motives, and such a blanket condemnation is almost always going to be wrong.
The cynical view is that these tips drive readership who are then subjected to credit card referral links on their site encouraging them to sign up and use these methods to start generating.

While the exact metrics of how many readers and referral payouts is largely unknown (except the author likely) there absolutely is financial incentive for them to post the latest MS method for others to exploit, because THEIR method of MS (or income generation) comes from credit card referrals not draining HIGCs, MOs, and VRs (maybe they still do it too if they want).

There are some blogs which have a ton of valuable info who don't use referral links, and of course they are exempted from the above.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:06 pm
Suspended

I must request that you all refrain from posting about external resources such as blogs here, as it is significantly off topic. Such posts belong here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/exter...resources-723/
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:13 pm

When this deal went up in smoke, the carnage it left to the faint of heart was of epic proportions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.