FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Greatest way ever to manufacture spend with HIGC (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1489337-greatest-way-ever-manufacture-spend-higc.html)

raghu455 Jul 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Manufacture spend with HIGC

HIGCs come with a pin and can be used to load bluebird and buy MO. That's right. We are finally back to the days of the mint and it may not last. now no need to haul around tons of coins!!!
Since it is no fees and available at drug stores, office supply stores and some grocery stores you have unlimited potential for free man spend and lot of 5x categories to exploit. Enjoy the spoils!!!! Load to $500 with no fees and enjoy free trips pretty much anywhere in the world!!!

HT: Points2Paradise

It seems like a YMMV situation. May be not all HIGCs out there are setup to work with pin yet so take it slow and make a small test purchase from a store before going all in. Since this is not a visa GC that can be used anywhere do not buy unless you can handle the risk.

Additional info: These cards seem to be functioning like debit cards right now and can be used as debit at most stores

UPDATE AS OF 8/1 AT 2PM PST (OTHERS EVEN EARLIER TODAY)
WARNING: THE DEAL APPEARS TO BE DEAD. DO NOT BUY ANYMORE UNTIL DUST SETTLES AS PIN FUNCTIONALITY APPEARS TO BE BROKEN FOR NOW.
MMS has updated his post now

Ethical HIGC liquidation tips:
1) Buy Amazon or gas gift cards from Lowes. Use it or try to sell this on craigslist/ebay for a small loss
2) Hold onto it and make actual purchases you need from any of the HI stores as these are valid till 2020

3) Ask MMS to buy the gift card from you for 100% of the value and offer using his affiliate link for your next ink card.

rdover1 Jul 29, 2013 11:05 pm

I'll wait until someone else can confirm that you can a) add pin to these discover cards and b) can load to BB via WM as I for one don't want to be stuck with a home improvement card for $500.

However - raghu455 - Kudos to you for reporting this.!

raghu455 Jul 29, 2013 11:05 pm

I did it today at WM and it works. Use any 4 digits to choose as your pin

oracles4444 Jul 29, 2013 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by raghu455 (Post 21180619)
HIGCs come with a pin and can be used to load bluebird and buy MO. That's right. We are finally back to the days of the mint and it may not last. now no need to haul around tons of coins!!!
Since it is no fees and available at drug stores, office supply stores and some grocery stores you have unlimited potential for free man spend and lot of 5x categories to exploit. Enjoy the spoils!!!! Load to $500 with no fees and enjoy free trips pretty much anywhere in the world!!!

What is HIGC?

Also what office supply stores can you get them from?

raghu455 Jul 29, 2013 11:11 pm

I dont want to spell it out but it is for your house where you enhance things in the house. Hope you get the hint

dprice121 Jul 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Delete this thread before another opportunity is shut down.

PainCorp Jul 29, 2013 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by dprice121 (Post 21180670)
Delete this thread before another opportunity is shut down.

Too late.

raghu455 Jul 29, 2013 11:18 pm

I am getting tons of PMs asking for the details of what is HIGC. Since this will probably be blogged about anyway, for a limited 72hours I will have the details in this post and will delete this in 3 days

HIGC- home improvement gift card
Pin- set as any 4 digits you want when you first use it
Stores- cvs, OD and lot more but these 2 are main ones
Load- can successfully load to bluebird and buy MO from kiosk and clerk at WM

Gammachu Jul 29, 2013 11:30 pm

Since its already out there, how many gift cards were you able to successfully load to bb? Were any attempted loads declined? Was it the full 500 amount or less? Thanks for sharing this by the way. Nice ! ^

moondog417 Jul 29, 2013 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by raghu455 (Post 21180683)
I will have the details in this post

Sad day when those have to be spelled out. I fear for the future of the human race.

rdover1 Jul 29, 2013 11:30 pm

though WM god help you if they see you doing this with a HI card. Bad enough trying to hide a GC for this stuff. A HI card will get security called over.

xiKiNGix Jul 29, 2013 11:31 pm

Nice find!

raghu455 Jul 29, 2013 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Gammachu (Post 21180714)
Since its already out there, how many gift cards were you able to successfully load to bb? Were any attempted loads declined? Was it the full 500 amount or less? Thanks for sharing this by the way. Nice find!

Was able to load full $500 onto 1 MO (499.3+0.7). Went to 2 ODs and only one had just 1 left so could not get much out. But since these are available all over in cvs and other places getting these should not be a big deal. I am sure we will have lot more data points tomorrow and even more so once blogs pick it up

marktelefono Jul 29, 2013 11:42 pm

Raghu....

Two things...

1) this may be best handled through PM
2) If you are going to post it, why not give credit to where you learned it? I follow the person you got it from (on twitter). I saw you asking her questions via twitter on how this works.....

PainCorp Jul 29, 2013 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by marktelefono (Post 21180761)
Raghu....

Two things...

1) this may be best handled through PM
2) If you are going to post it, why not give credit to where you learned it? I follow the person you got it from (on twitter). I saw you asking her questions via twitter on how this works.....

I don't think he cares about keeping it under wraps, but that's just a wild guess....