Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account Now?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by drdrew450
got my 2500 check yesterday from account now, I have already loaded 7K to my new paypower card which is my new billpay prepaid card for my reloadit cards.
This thread contain one negative report for operating such pattern exclusively. Were suggested to diversify with MO...
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by pier11
This thread contain one negative report for operating such pattern exclusively. Were suggested to diversify with MO...
I fully expect my paypower to be shutdown, I am just going to hit it hard until that happens
Old Jul 2, 2013, 4:39 pm

I am here to report the final outcome of my two $1500 ($3000 total) refunds of our cash we were waiting for. Account was closed on 6/14. I received two check for the $3000 back today, 7/2......VERY happy with this outcome!! Hope everyone who had their accounts closed gets their money back without too much sweating!
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:12 pm

It looks like AN has frozen my account. For those of you that don't remember my posts, this is the history of my activity:
  1. Opened Account in May
  2. Loaded one MoneyPak
  3. Added a credit card as a payee for BillPay in Mid June but did not pay them
  4. Logged into my account tonight and found the "Dispute Forms" screen

How 'bout them apples, folks?! I'm hardly an aggressive manufacturer, and they froze me out too. In hindsight I wish I had attempted to pay out on billpay in the event I squeaked through before they froze me.

I've seen some of the posts where people called up and a check was already being sent. Do I need to call them to initiate the check being sent, or will they send one automatically?
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by FullMoonMadness
It looks like AN has frozen my account. For those of you that don't remember my posts, this is the history of my activity:
  1. Opened Account in May
  2. Loaded one MoneyPak

How 'bout them apples, folks?! I'm hardly an aggressive manufacturer, and they froze me out too. In hindsight I wish I had attempted to pay out on billpay in the event I squeaked through before they froze me.

I've seen some of the posts where people called up and a check was already being sent. Do I need to call them to initiate the check being sent, or will they send one automatically?
Do you (Did you) have any other GD products?
Old Jul 2, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Do I need to call them to initiate the check being sent, or will they send one automatically?
I would call or e-mail them. If you e-mail be sure to specify that you would like your refund check sent to the address on file and expect to wait a few days for a reply.

I have an account that I haven't contacted them about to see if communicating makes a difference.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
  1. Opened Account in May
  2. Loaded one MoneyPak

I would call and suffer through it but just make sure they ARE sending your check. You should not need to fax or email anything in but be prepared to if they insist. What a pain though! You only loaded once, proving this was a system wide shut down, not just for those of us who hit it hard. Of course for those of us who had, we were merely loading and BPing just as their TCs say we should.

I have not gotten anything yet but dont actually expect my $2k check until July 9-10.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
Do you (Did you) have any other GD products?
Yes, I have a Serve account (opened at the same time as AN). I added two MPs to it, paid a CC bill in mid-June, and added another MP last week. I haven't logged in since last week, so I'll take a peek tonight.

I would call or e-mail them. If you e-mail be sure to specify that you would like your refund check sent to the address on file and expect to wait a few days for a reply.
I'll try the email approach first. I don't feel like spending any more time (on the phone) with these people than I have to.

What a pain though! You only loaded once, proving this was a system wide shut down, not just for those of us who hit it hard.
I suspect their search filters may have included one of the following:
  1. Anyone with a CC payee listed in billpay
  2. Anyone with a referral; or possibly a referral from a known abuser. I used a referral from a blogger, and that could have associated me with some hardcore manufacturers. That would have to be a very easy trail to follow, just follow all the branches to the originating point and cut them all out.

The first filter is somewhat unavoidable for what many of us want to do with these cards. The second should be considered and can be easily avoided, even if a referral will give you a bonus.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
I received a refund check for the account I asked about keeping open.

It looks like you do need to ask for a check to get one.
I'll try the email approach first. I don't feel like spending any more time (on the phone) with these people than I have to.
I feel the same way. It will take a few extra days for them to read and reply to your e-mail.
anyone with a referral
I did not use referral codes when I applied for AN accounts.

Last edited by cuebert; Jul 3, 2013 at 5:51 pm
Old Jul 7, 2013, 4:39 am
jk2

I used to buy ReloadIt cards at Winn-dixie until yesterday. The day before there were about 50 cards on the rack, next morning - 0. I asked the manager about what happened and she told me that they received an e-mail with request to remove all the cards until new registers come. By these words I guess it would be a "cash only" hard coded implementation.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by jk2
I used to buy ReloadIt cards at Winn-dixie until yesterday. The day before there were about 50 cards on the rack, next morning - 0. I asked the manager about what happened and she told me that they received an e-mail with request to remove all the cards until new registers come. By these words I guess it would be a "cash only" hard coded implementation.
Where did you chose to load to them as we are having issues with AN now?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 6:17 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by pier11
Where did you chose to load to them as we are having issues with AN now?
paypower, for example.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:25 pm
jk2

My cards were closed around June 18, on June 20 I called and requested a check. Was told the standard "2-4 weeks". Called today, after 3 weeks. The rep told me that funds are still on the cards, and to get them I need to fax them utility bill and DL. Rats!

According to previous reports, faxing of these docs is not necessary to get a refund check. Those who already received a check - did you fax the docs or not?

thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
My wifes check wad due today, 14 biz days from final call in.

She had emailed docs that they said they received in an effort to keep it open but they closed it anyway. More excuses will follow i am sure but we are away and mail is held as neighbors house sit so we wont know for a bit anyway.

I think acct now is partying on the interest on all our collective fundsband pulling a net spend by having everyone wait at least a month

Anyone fdic them yet?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:32 pm

I received my $1K check on Tuesday. I need to email my info for my other account and get my $5. I think my wife has like $0.10 on one of her accounts. Definitely going to request a check for that out of spite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.