Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by lovenola
Has anyone had problems with the monthly load limits on the pp cards sold at the RX? They have a $500 day/$4000 a month load limit, but my limits have not reset for December and the message says to wait until 1/1/13.
No. The load limits are $1,000 per day/$5,000 per month. Where you purchased your VR cards is irrelevant. Unless, of course, you meant a different PP card.

Last edited by DCBob; Dec 2, 2012 at 9:34 pm
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by DCBob
Originally Posted by lovenola
Has anyone had problems with the monthly load limits on the pp cards sold at the RX? They have a $500 day/$4000 a month load limit, but my limits have not reset for December and the message says to wait until 1/1/13.
No. The load limits are $1,000 per day/$5,000 per month. Where you purchased your VR cards is irrelevant. Unless, of course, you meant a different PP card.
In this case I am certain the OP meant PayPal, not PrePaid, since they have the limits he cited. My Rite Aid is a good source for these, since they don't carry VRs.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:48 pm

Any reason you can't buy . . . reload cards, then transfer them over to the BB account . . .

Last edited by CFFrost; Dec 2, 2012 at 10:16 pm
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by CFFrost
Any reason you can't buy the PayPal reload cards, then transfer them over to the BB account? I'm assuming you would have the same issue of trying to load them with credit card, but if you found a store that would accept CC is there any reason this wouldn't work? Does Paypal frown on this substantially?
I did this once for $500. Didn't have any problems with it, but I don't plan to do this long-term unless the PayPal cards show up at OD. Transfer registers as Direct Deposit to boot.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by frozyn
I did this once for $500. . . . .
I'd probably not do more than 500 / month. Might give this a shot if I find a place that sells them. Thanks for the feedback. I'll edit my post to remove reference if others prefer keeping things more discrete.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by akp
Yes, I entered the zip from my payment stub.
Originally Posted by AsanteSana
akp,

While paying the chase mortgage, which zip code do you enter on the BB screen? Is it the zip code of the chase branch address shown on the payment slip?

Our Chase mortgage is on the auto pay program where the bank debits our account for the monthly payment. I went in a branch to ask if I paid part of the monthly payment if the bank would then take the balance remaining to be paid. No. They would take the full amount. I then asked if I could call the bank for them not to take a payment if I made payment another way. No. It's either on the auto pay or it's not.

I haven't gotten the full amount for one of my mortgage payments on BB yet. Still working on details of a plan for that each month.

I did a trial run on the BB website to check the list of registered payees. I saw 2 options for Chase mortgages (Chase Home Mortgage & Chase mortgage/formerly Wamu). I asked which one to use and was told Chase Home Mortgage. I also asked what address to use for the mortgage payment (we don't have payment slips with autopay). She gave me Chase, P.O. Box 9001871, Louisville, KY (I didn't get a zip).

Is that the same address on your payment slips? If so, can you tell me the zip?

I suspect it was an electronic transaction since it posted in 3 days, right?

If a payee is on the registered payee list will it always be an electronic transaction?

Thanks,
gg

Last edited by gardengirl; Dec 2, 2012 at 11:00 pm
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:59 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by sgideons
In this case I am certain the OP meant PayPal, not PrePaid, since they have the limits he cited. My Rite Aid is a good source for these, since they don't carry VRs.
That is what I meant, and here is what happened to me:

I loaded $12000 worth for the month of November on 3 separate accounts. When I log into load for the first time on any of the same three accounts in December, I keep getting a message that says "you have already loaded your limit this month try again in January." I am paraphrasing the message, but that is the gist of it. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I still have $2500 in cards to load not to mention I wanted to get more. Calls to the number on the back of the card and to PayPal are useless. They keep handing me back and forth like I am calling gov't bureaucrats.

Last edited by lovenola; Dec 3, 2012 at 1:53 am
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:07 am

Vanilla Reload Prepaid

I tried to get VR on 3 different CVS stores during the weekend. They don't have the stock and Walgreens won't access CC. Do you know if any other place i can get the VR prepaid card?

Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone here have a report on how using billpay for credit cards has gone, now that it's been out for a bit?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dajoip
Anyone here have a report on how using billpay for credit cards has gone, now that it's been out for a bit?
i have paid chase and amex, if i completed the bill pay before 12:00 EST, the chase posted the next day, if not the following day. sometime with amex it said it would post on a particular day but did not post unitl the following day, i always pay my bill when it closes not near the due date so an additional day does not get upset or worried.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by particlemn
i have paid chase and amex, if i completed the bill pay before 12:00 EST, the chase posted the next day, if not the following day. sometime with amex it said it would post on a particular day but did not post unitl the following day, i always pay my bill when it closes not near the due date so an additional day does not get upset or worried.
Thanks - I guess I was more referring to the whole "completing the circle" aspect of billpay. Whether that process was at all problematic...there were just a lot of people quite pessimistic about this feature in general.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:33 am

Thanks - I guess I was more referring to the whole "completing the circle" aspect of billpay. Whether that process was at all problematic...there were just a lot of people quite pessimistic about this feature in general.
It's still alive and kicking
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:46 am

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Whether that process was at all problematic...there were just a lot of people quite pessimistic about this feature in general.
It very well may still be problematic. It's all still too new to conclude. Even NS lasted a few months before closures.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
i am taking a few steps to limit my potentially being flagged, 1 i only complete 9 reloads per moonth, not 10. second i pay my regular "keeper" credit cards via bill pay not the churn ones, and third i occasionaly make a $2 or #3 purchase using bluebird. i am hopeing this makes me appear as a typical customer. as long i i can fly low i can continue to fly
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by fti

Then tried to buy 2 VR's at CVS with two gift cards. What a mess.
Even with CC I went through a messy process this weekend. In a small town close to PA's capital I found 2 well stocked 3 letter pharmacies. Tried to first purchase 1 VR to test it, cashier called the manager who personally called AMEX to verify in front of me if my card was not stolen or something, made me talk to an AMEX representative to verify my identity etc. At the end I purchased the VR but it took 15 minutes and the embarrassment. Manager told me that they have had some fraudulent activity with Gift Cards and especially at this time of the year they get extra careful. Also looked at the VR and said: "hey this is a reload, is this the one you need? These are new to us!".

BTW the manager told over the phone to the AMEX representative what I was purchasing, representative talked to me and said:"sir, you have limit enough, so you obviously can purchase this reload card". I was expecting for the whole deal to fall apart and the representative tell the manager I could not buy VRs with the CC.

Later went to the 2nd place and bought 2VRs, just had to hand my CC over to cashier to input the 4 digits, no questions asked no ID required. Next day I came back to this last place and bought 2 more beans and the process went smooth as the day before.

Problem is even though I go to this region every other month, it is not convenient at all and the looks that cashiers give me for such large purchases (it is a small town) are not pleasant. Have to find a place closer to home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.