Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

What is currently Best Luxury / Hip / Trendy / Cool South/Middle Miami Beach hotel ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is currently Best Luxury / Hip / Trendy / Cool South/Middle Miami Beach hotel ??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Luxury hotel Miami South Beach for up to $700 in Nov

Hi,

My friend has a budget of up to $700 per night for Miami South Beach for his honeymoon - dates Nov 5th to 10th...

He currently has The Betsy booked for a deluxe sea-view room from about 6 months ago...

I think he could do far better for his $$$

the new COMO or The James can be had for nearly half that money and even the Ritz-C ...

Or that budget would prob stretch to entry rooms in Setai , W , St.Regis even..

What would you book??????????????

(I have stayed in Z Ocean before as I like to be near the strip but not on it)
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:39 am

We just returned from two nights at The Setai. Special rate for Florida residents of approx. $550 per night including (extensive!) buffet breakfast and valet parking. Hotel public areas and grounds were beautiful and service was truly excellent! The Restaurant for dinner was superb! Our courtyard studio was ok, but lighting was not good. I think comfort and function were sacrificed somewhat for the 'zen' atmosphere.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:13 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
SoBe honeymoon? Unless this person loves deep house music & crowds i don't see the attraction. 5th night complementary offer at Acqualina sounds better to me. 4th night complementary at St Regis as a 2nd choice
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ABG
SoBe honeymoon? Unless this person loves deep house music & crowds i don't see the attraction. 5th night complementary offer at Acqualina sounds better to me. 4th night complementary at St Regis as a 2nd choice
This.

All about personal preference - but a honeymoon in South Beach sounds.....nevermind.

Anyways, if I had to do S. Florida, I'd probably do the St. Regis Bal Harbour. Soft product is impeccable, and hard product has to make this one of the better SR properties in NA.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:18 pm
In memoriam

Just FWIW - early November is usually still low season in south Florida. At worst shoulder season.

I never had a honeymoon - so can't comment on choice of places. I spent my wedding night in my apartment in Miami (I was living there when I got married) - and am still happily married 42 years later. So the greater Miami area isn't necessarily a death knell for marriages/honeymoons . Robyn
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:26 pm
In memoriam

P.S. Just took a look - and at that time of year - you can get stay 2 nights - get 1 free at the Four Seasons in Miami:

https://secure.fourseasons.com/conte...oose_room.html

With what you save on the room - you can get a nice suite - buy some terrific meals - hire some limos - etc. IOW - live it up. And it's not like the FS is a shabby place . Robyn
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:43 pm
BLV

Originally Posted by bebop bonnie
We just returned from two nights at The Setai. Special rate for Florida residents of approx. $550 per night including (extensive!) buffet breakfast and valet parking. Hotel public areas and grounds were beautiful and service was truly excellent! The Restaurant for dinner was superb! Our courtyard studio was ok, but lighting was not good. I think comfort and function were sacrificed somewhat for the 'zen' atmosphere.
I had two Setai stays in the past two months (3 & 4 nights). To say that service is excellent is not to know what service is. Is the staff trying to make you think the service is excellent by being overly nice? Yes. And that's where it stops. But then again, this is SoBe, so expectations are never high.

Originally Posted by pricesquire
This.

All about personal preference - but a honeymoon in South Beach sounds.....nevermind.
That.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:03 am

Yes, regarding the service at The Setai, I use the phrase 'excellent' in the context of its location.. This is South Florida!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:17 am

The Betsy in November

The Betsy is a Four Star, Four Diamond, luxury boutique hotel on the quiet end of Ocean Drive and we are delighted to have been selected by your friends as the place to begin their new lives together. We offer luxury amenities, a staff that is passionate about providing attentive service, BLT Steak, voted the Best Steakhouse Miami 2014 (New Times) and a full range of arts and cultural events with a dedication to literature and poetry, in particular.

South Beach is a great place for celebrating a new life together and the weather is perfect in Miami in November. The amazing thing about Miami Beach is there are so many hotels to choose from at a wide range of rates, interests and values. We realize our hotel is not for everyone - and South Florida is filled with so many great hotels, as the forum conversation makes clear.

We hope that your friends will keep their reservation with us, as we believe we are always the best choice on South Beach - as we look forward to welcoming them and introducing them to all that we offer here at The Betsy-South Beach.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:59 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I welcome "TheBetsyHotel" to FT. Generally we do allow one post from a management representative to introduce themselves to our members and I will take the post above as doing such. After that, I'd expect that your posts are either in response to a specific issue or provide important information not generally available from other sources, such as your website.

Of course, you are also always welcome to participate as a regular member and comment on your personal experiences at other luxury hotels, should you so desire!

Again, welcome.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old May 29, 2015, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB

I am looking at booking a nice luxury hotel for 4 nights at the end of next month before we grab a cruise. Hotel rates seem to be very reasonable for our dates.

I stayed in a suite in Z Ocean hotel last year when I visited Miami last year ( my first visit to Miami) as it was spring break and rates were $$$$$$$ so it made sense to offload IHG points.

I stayed in GHM hotels in Indonesia in 2011 and always said I would stay in the Setai one day but shortly afterwards GHM lost control of that hotel.

We stayed in South Beach last time but fancy Middle beach this time just to get away from the crowds a little and we can dip in and out of the mayhem as we wish. As per every other visit to the USA i am sure we will also be hitting shops so my wife can load up our suitcases with her new clothes!

I am looking for a hotel that is also currently deemed to be luxury/hip/trendy/cool. I am guessing this changes as regularly in Miami as it rains here in Belfast !

My wife is banging on about The Fountainbleau but i think i can do better ?! She loves a good celeb spot !

I was wondering about The Edition ??? We are both aged 30ish.

http://www.editionhotels.com/miami-beach

Last edited by WEEBOBBY; May 29, 2015 at 8:19 am Reason: spelling etc
Old May 29, 2015, 8:20 am

W South Beach sounds like what you're looking for, but my personal favorite is the Soho Beachhouse.
Old May 29, 2015, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Have stayed in quite a few Ws and usually enjoy myself but find style over service

Fountainbleau is half the price of the W so would be more likely to go for it over W
Old May 29, 2015, 9:39 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am going to combine this thread with the very similar thread the OP started 10 months ago.

RichardInSF, moderator, lusxury hotels
Old May 29, 2015, 11:07 am

agree - Soho Beach House or the Edition.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.