Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

What is currently Best Luxury / Hip / Trendy / Cool South/Middle Miami Beach hotel ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is currently Best Luxury / Hip / Trendy / Cool South/Middle Miami Beach hotel ??

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Avoid the Fontainblue and stay with either the Soho House or Edition. I generally like the Soho House better, but there are two downsides:
1) I find the beach to be more crowded since you have hotel guests and members who use the beach, so it is packed
2) The ocean front rooms are right above the DJ and even the ocean rooms are close to the outdoor DJ, so if you plan on going to sleep before 2am, then you have to take a room that faces the street. These rooms are not as nice (still nice).
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
a) Just going back to the first post in this thread my friend ended up upping his budget for Key West and downgrading his budget for Miami and he stayed 5 nights at the Metropolitan by Como. ( They were on a 20 day honeymoon )

b) Moving on - thanks for all your comments . At the moment I am leaning towards booking the EDITION but could still be convinced otherwise !!!

c) What is everyone's favorite Middle/South Beach Miami hotel ????????
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:17 am
Suspended

Edition
Betsey
W (not a fan but it does fit your bill)
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:25 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

c) What is everyone's favorite Middle/South Beach Miami hotel ????????
We loved our stay at the Metropolitan by Como (report here), but only after we switched to a suite...it's a completely different experience depending on the type of room you're in.

With that said, it doesn't meet your criteria for "trendy" at all. In fact, it was a perfect respite to get AWAY from the SB scene.

We had dinner at Bazaar at SLS South Beach...the restaurant was fantastic, and if you're looking for a scene, judging by what we saw in the lobby, it doesn't get much more trendy than that. Can't speak to the hotel itself, though it is a Virtuoso property.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:44 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I like Delano South Beach.

And SLS South Beach.

And yes, I have a big thing for white hotels.

Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Just to clarify we just want a really cool hotel , with good service , good for people watching during the day! Maybe even a celeb spot ?!!? Had an interesting breakfast with Dennis Rodman at the table next to us in Miami last March lol!

Not too worried about the nightlife as my wife is pregnant so we will not be partying at night!

From the options I am still tempted towards Edition. It is quite a bit cheaper than many of the alternatives @ only $200 per night (3 weeks from now) - W, Betsy , Delano , SLS

My wife wants the Fountainbleau but I have her talked round!!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 3:03 am

Location: Belfast, N.Ireland. I'm also username WEEBOBBY (350+ posts), depending on whether I log in through Facebook or email.
Programs: Various - IHG Royal Ambassador, Starwood, DavidO fanclub etc
Originally Posted by LM225
We loved our stay at the Metropolitan by Como (report here), but only after we switched to a suite...it's a completely different experience depending on the type of room you're in.

With that said, it doesn't meet your criteria for "trendy" at all. In fact, it was a perfect respite to get AWAY from the SB scene.

We had dinner at Bazaar at SLS South Beach...the restaurant was fantastic, and if you're looking for a scene, judging by what we saw in the lobby, it doesn't get much more trendy than that. Can't speak to the hotel itself, though it is a Virtuoso property.
M by Como , Edition or Fontainbleau ??
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:51 am

Location: Belfast, N.Ireland. I'm also username WEEBOBBY (350+ posts), depending on whether I log in through Facebook or email.
still cant decide between 1 Hotel , Edition , Fontainebleau or Como ..........
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by robertadams12345
still cant decide between 1 Hotel , Edition , Fontainebleau or Como ..........
These are such different hotels, with such different hard products and service, that I don't think you're undecided on hotel so much as undecided on what you're looking for from the hotel/trip.

Look at where these properties are located on a map. Look at the reviews on tripadvisor. Look at the hotel websites. Do you want a hotel with 1000+ rooms? Do you want a smaller boutique hotel? Do you want something brand new? Do you want a hotel that's still working out the kinks? Location? Family friendly?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:48 am

Cheers for replying!

I didn't think there was too much between the hotels 1, Edition , Como. All are new , not too big and on the beach. Obviously the locations differ with 1 hotel nearest to South Beach , then Como then Edition. All three are getting good reviews

Fountainebleau is obviously firmly in Middle Beach and a Massive Vegas style hotel. It is the one my wife would like as she has seen it on tv/magazines etc many times.

it doesn't need to be family orientated as its just us two.

i have stayed in Miami once before at Z Ocean. location isnt too important as we will probably head to Ocean Drive , Lincoln Mall, Bal Harbour Shops and Aventura so will probably be making good use of taxi or bus no matter where on the strip we are...
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:00 pm

1 Hotel Miami Beach

Have not seen this recently opened Miami Beach hotel covered on flyertalk ????

http://1hotels.com/south-beach

It is located between the Como and W hotels.

Its a new hotel brand by Barry Sternlicht, the man largely credited with bringing boutique hotel experiences to the masses with W Hotels.

There is a 1 New York Central Park hotel to open soon.

Got an amazing price for traveling later this month.

Booked up based on a few articles I came across

http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/20...l_South_Beach_

http://miami.curbed.com/archives/201...-tour.php#more

will report back after visiting!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:12 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery

Got an amazing price for traveling later this month.
How much is your overnight rate?

We look forward to your report after your visit at this new hotel. Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:39 pm

One of the articles says $600-700 pn peak rates

I got Tues to Sat 23-27 June booked room only with the 4th night free promo and a 20% off www.ratestogo.com code for about $210-215 including taxes and resort fee when converted from GBP to USD.

Its the entry level room but if you look on the website they are 500 sq ft !

typo - Kings are from 500 ft but still great for entry level.

Last edited by robertadams12345; Jun 17, 2015 at 6:19 am
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
One of the articles says $600-700 pn peak rates

I got Tues to Sat 23-27 June booked room only with the 4th night free promo and a 20% off www.ratestogo.com code for about $210-215 including taxes and resort fee when converted from GBP to USD.

Its the entry level room but if you look on the website they are 700 sq ft !
Thanks, we're looking forward to your review after your stay. ^
Old Jun 12, 2015, 5:43 pm

Now I'm getting excited
They offer complimentary transportation in their Tesla house cars. drivers will take you within 3 miles and although it is first come first serve, they have three vehicles.
http://1hotels.com/south-beach/discover-tesla-service

Vanity Fair article

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/20...friendly-hotel

Last edited by robertadams12345; Jun 12, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.