Reload this Page >

Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:22 am

Currently in The Connaught and later today heading to Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill for this FlyerTalk event: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-8th-11th.html. It's not somewhere I'd go to normally, but it's good to try new things. I think/hope.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 11:18 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Halkin by COMO vs Park Tower Knightsbridge

My husband and his best friend are staying now at the Park Tower Knightsbridge London on SPG points and were upgraded to an Executive Suite due to elite status. I'm looking forward to the comparison/contrast with the Halkin, where we've normally stayed for the past several years and which has been my favorite cost/benefit luxury "boutique" property in London.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
Currently in The Connaught and later today heading to Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill for this FlyerTalk event: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-8th-11th.html. It's not somewhere I'd go to normally, but it's good to try new things. I think/hope.
The lobby of the Hyatt has a real Far East-style buzz and the Locanda Locatelli restaurant is one of my top three places in London. Never stayed at the hotel, though.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 2:41 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Six Senses Ya Noi on Thursday
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Pausanias
The lobby of the Hyatt has a real Far East-style buzz and the Locanda Locatelli restaurant is one of my top three places in London. Never stayed at the hotel, though.
The lobby was indeed very nice. That's about where it ends though. Going from The Connaught to the Hyatt is not an experience I intend to report again. It's like going out for a fine meal and following it up with a Big Mac.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The lobby was indeed very nice. That's about where it ends though. Going from The Connaught to the Hyatt is not an experience I intend to report again. It's like going out for a fine meal and following it up with a Big Mac.
haha you're not surprised though right?
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
haha you're not surprised though right?
I didn't expect it to be that bad though! I gave too much credit to compare it to McDonalds. I think it's more like trying to eat out of the bins at the back of McDonalds, but you must fight a giant rat to be able to eat those remaining, delicious crumbs.

We checked in around 5pm, then we went out to The Berkeley for drinks and dinner. I was sat there with my girlfriend saying I don't want to go back, but due to the event will still pay for the room, and book us back into The Connaught therefore getting double billed. She talked me out of it, due to the hassle of packing everything, moving back, then going back at 9am for the breakfast that was organised. However we got back to the room around 10pm, and then she was asking that we move to The Connaught after re-evaluating the room.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't expect it to be that bad though! I gave too much credit to compare it to McDonalds. I think it's more like trying to eat out of the bins at the back of McDonalds, but you must fight a giant rat to be able to eat those remaining, delicious crumbs.

We checked in around 5pm, then we went out to The Berkeley for drinks and dinner. I was sat there with my girlfriend saying I don't want to go back, but due to the event will still pay for the room, and book us back into The Connaught therefore getting double billed. She talked me out of it, due to the hassle of packing everything, moving back, then going back at 9am for the breakfast that was organised. However we got back to the room around 10pm, and then she was asking that we move to The Connaught after re-evaluating the room.
30 day old sliver of a fry. Compared to a giant Kobe beef Burger. I don't think my missus would have let me give up Connaught for whatever Hyatt it was. Not unless I wanted to be signing the papers the next day.

If it was Asia, someone would help pack it for you

Last edited by Aventine; Oct 12, 2015 at 9:51 am
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:48 am

paris

I would like to go paris.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Sneaking in a quick trip to banyan trip mayakoba soon! Later in the year Singita Sabora tented camp, Singita Sasakwa and Crater Lodge.

Last edited by floridagal23; Jan 9, 2016 at 1:15 pm
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by stayawaycation
I would like to go paris.
Wow
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
Wow
Yeah, I know. Who'd wanna go there, right?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Villa Cora
Portrait Firenze
Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Going to an old standby SL Tokyo then Andaz Tokyo.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Going to an old standby SL Tokyo then Andaz Tokyo.
Would love to hear how you compare the two!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.