Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt London Do 2015 - October 8th-11th

Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc

It's now time to announce the fourth London Hyatt Do. Complete details are still being negotiated but as there may be people who want to use an expiring suite upgrade certificate, I wanted to post before the end of February. The event will run on a similar basis to the previous 3 years, so lots of fun, good conversation and freebies. American Express have generously agreed once again to sponsor the event and we will be raising money for HUSK Cambodia, as last year. Proposed itinerary is below, note that activities are subject to change.

We have been promised that the hotel will be open in time (should be opening next month) and booking is available through the hotel's website if using the group code. If you want to use a suite upgrade certificate, you will need to email the hotel.

Thursday 8th October
Arrive at leisure
19:00 Champagne reception sponsored by Hyatt London the Churchill

Friday 9th October
09:30 AMEX focus groups
12:00 Leave the Churchill for LCY (we will arrange group transfers this time for approx Ł15pp one-way including lunch)
13:30 Behind the scenes tour of London City Airport including the private jet terminal. Tour of BA all business A318 and a private jet planned at present too.
17:30 Backstage tour of the Andaz London Liverpool Street
18:30 Reception and dinner at the Andaz Ł60pp

Saturday 10th October
10:00 Molton Brown fragrant breakfast (including Ł50pp gift voucher) Ł20pp
14:30 Wine and dessert (chocolate and macaroon) tasting Ł35pp
19:00 Champagne reception, sponsored by American Express
19:45 Charity gala dinner, generously sponsored by American Express
Goody bags and prize draw

Sunday 11th October
Fond farewells or brunch

As with previous years, those who stay in the hotel for 2 nights will qualify for the prize draw. Previous highlights include stays in the Park Hyatt Maldives, Andaz Maui, Park Hyatt Siem Reap and Hyatt Regency Hua Hin. Previously, everyone who qualified for the prize draw received a prize (a stay). We plan for the same this year.

Goody bags will also be available as previous years with an estimated value of Ł100pp.

In addition to the above, the following points bonus promotion has been offered from the hotel:
stay 1 night earn 1000 bonus points
stay 2 nights earn 3000 bonus points
stay 3 nights earn 6000 bonus points
stay 4 nights earn 10,000 bonus points
(only nights on the group rate count towards the promotion. HGP will not know about this rate as it is offered by the hotel only for the event)

Booking code (use in the group code section on Hyatt's website) is G-FLYT. Rate is Ł276/295 per night single/double occupancy for a View room including VAT and full breakfast in the Montagu.

If you wish to stay at the Andaz on Friday night, the rate is Ł199 including VAT but excluding breakfast (obviously, this is included for diamond members). To book, use group code G-DFV4 online.

Please register online here

Last edited by price123; May 26, 2015 at 11:49 am
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: bits of shiny plastic w/ varied utility
Originally Posted by price123
Thursday 8th October
Arrive at leisure
19:00 Champagne reception sponsored by Hyatt London the Churchill

Friday 9th October
09:30 AMEX focus groups
12:00 Leave the Churchill for LCY (we will arrange group transfers this time for approx Ł15pp one-way including lunch)
13:30 Behind the scenes tour of London City Airport including the private jet terminal. Tour of BA all business A318 and a private jet planned at present too.
17:30 Backstage tour of the Andaz London Liverpool Street
18:30 Reception and dinner at the Andaz Ł60pp (TBC)

Saturday 25th October
10:00 Tutored tea tasting at the East India Company Ł20pp
An afternoon activity TBC - let me know if any ideas
19:00 Champagne reception, sponsored by American Express
19:45 Charity gala dinner, generously sponsored by American Express
Goody bags and prize draw

Sunday 26th October
Fond farewells or brunch
First, methinks the dates above may need an edit?

Second, since I no longer have to even visit the jungle -- I'm IN!

Third, the wonderous Hyatt website is showing the hotel as completely SOLD OUT for those dates. Should I email directly for the rezzie as I absolutely do want to use an expiring DSU.

Last, REALLY looking forward to this event. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance (other than actually showing up this year)...
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Originally Posted by 24.05.2004
First, methinks the dates above may need an edit?

Second, since I no longer have to even visit the jungle -- I'm IN!

Third, the wonderous Hyatt website is showing the hotel as completely SOLD OUT for those dates. Should I email directly for the rezzie as I absolutely do want to use an expiring DSU.

Last, REALLY looking forward to this event. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance (other than actually showing up this year)...
Thanks - now edited

If you want to use DSU best to email, although you my want to make the initial res online to not have to faff with sending c/c info. If you use the group code in the last special rates box - corporate/group code, you are able to book. Reservations were opened for us
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:50 pm

Thanks - now edited

If you want to use DSU best to email, although you my want to make the initial res online to not have to faff with sending c/c info. If you use the group code in the last special rates box - corporate/group code, you are able to book. Reservations were opened for us
Nope -- with or without the group code, signed in or not signed in:

Old Feb 22, 2015, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Nope
I think that must be the 4th night then. I will contact hotel tomorrow and check that they opened up the shoulder nights (usually 2 each side) - bit silly having 10K points for 4 nights if you can't book

There's always a few teething problems at first, so sorry that you were first to find this one out.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 4:24 pm

There's always a few teething problems at first, so sorry that you were first to find this one out.
No worries -- glad to be the guinea pig! Made the rezzie for the 3 nights and email is sent for the DSU, hoping for the 9th floor balcony.

And even tho we are months away, I'm go for any Sunday brunch opportunities.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
I was able to book a 3-night stay earlier today!

Nope -- with or without the group code, signed in or not signed in:

Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:25 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I tried booking today and the hotel is sold out.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Count me in!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Pat89339
As price123 stated above, the Hyatt website will allow for 3 night bookings but as of this moment, not the "shoulder" days before/after the DO

Awoke to an email from the Churchill this morning with the additional night confirmed (08-12 October) as well as confirming use of my DSU. .
Old Feb 23, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Count me in. Hotel booked and suite reservation confirmed via email.

Jenny - count me in for all activities, as well as the AMEX focus groups.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Pat - I kept having the same problem, but then it suddenly just accepted my booking! Keep trying!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
We are hoping to get to this one but even by trying the method set forth by Brit, I have not succeeded in seeing availability at the Churchill.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by monitor
We are hoping to get to this one but even by trying the method set forth by Brit, I have not succeeded in seeing availability at the Churchill.
I just made a reservation. The trick is to only select The Churchill & put the group code in.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Reservation made for the three nights and tomorrow will e-mail to try to get the fourth night and possibly think of using a DSU.

But on second thought, since Brit already has a suite, perhaps we just schedule all the partays in her place so that the rest of us don't need to waste our DSUs.

Request that price123 pencil us in as likely but, as in the past it has been doing for her events, if business rears its ugly head,....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.