Where are you going next?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where are you going next?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: Amanjunkie
November '14 (trip already in progress )

Upper House Hong Kong
Amansara
Amantaka
Amanpulo
Park Hyatt Tokyo

Planned for next year:
Alpina Gstaad
Amanwella
Amangalla
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:54 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I was leaning on Flyertalk reviews today.

Just booked a last minute trip to Barcelona - One night in the Mandarin Oriental and one in the W (which was full for the first night). I really liked the look of the Mercer most, but the completely open bathroom was a bit much for people early on in their relationship, I thought.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 2:54 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Dia, AClub Plat, Hyatt Dia, FB Gold, LH SEN, TK *G
January:
Four Seasons Florence
Park Hyatt Milano

Dhara Dhevi
Landmark Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
Amanpuri
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I was leaning on Flyertalk reviews today.

Just booked a last minute trip to Barcelona - One night in the Mandarin Oriental and one in the W (which was full for the first night). I really liked the look of the Mercer most, but the completely open bathroom was a bit much for people early on in their relationship, I thought.
Enjoy! Loved Barcelona though haven't stayed at either of those hotels. But when there, my focus is more on the restaurants than the hotels. Still dream about the seafood at Paco Meralgo and Cal Pep!

Was just in Kyoto though didn't get to stay at Ritz Carlton or any of the nice ryokans. Can't wait to try the Ritz there in Jan.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 5:42 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I've got some decent travel coming over the coming months...

Next week:
St Regis Monarch ... Site of the AIG boondoggle
RC SF

Christmas:
FS Costa Rica

January:
Beijing and Shanghai - recommendations welcome!
Tokyo: likely FS Maronuochi, possibly the Palace Update: Now booked at the Aman!

February:
Aria SkySuites. Trying something different after a few MO LAS stays

May:
London: Either FS-PL or maybe something else nearby
[Prague: FS]

July: Castiglione del Bosco

Last edited by NYBanker; Dec 6, 2014 at 3:15 pm Reason: Added update for Tokyo
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:21 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by NYBanker

Next week:
RC SF

Christmas:
FS Costa Rica

January:
Tokyo: likely FS Maronuochi, possibly the Palace

February:

May:

Nice list! You'll be in our neck of the woods with the St. Regis Monarch Beach next week, so enjoy. We recommend Stonehill Tavern there at the StR, as well as Studio at Montage, and Basilic, Mastro's Ocean Club, and A in Newport Beach.

For Shanghai, we highly recommend the Peninsula--we loved it. But also the Park Hyatt which we preferred over the RC and others.

For Beijing, the Peninsula or StR...but the Aman is a nice respite if you like Amans or have biz more towards the outer rings.

For London, we love the Halkin by COMO, which is just a block or two from the FS-PL, Lanesborough, and MO, but has more boutique feel if you prefer that (and cheaper in May, too!). We always stay at the Halkin.

I'll be curious as to your comparison of the Aria SkySuites and the MO after you visit. Please share...and enjoy!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:47 pm
Original Member

Hope you will post about your sojourn at FS Costa Rica.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:51 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Next week:
RC SF

Christmas:
FS Costa Rica

January:
Tokyo: likely FS Maronuochi, possibly the Palace

February:

May:

I'll be curious to hear how Castiglione del Bosco is holding up. I thought the room design was really superb, and Andrew Harper just gave it a rave review this month.

Brace yourself for Aria. I was there last month and I thought it was rough -- with the worst (worn, hollowed) mattress I have slept on in years -- I had to position myself in the middle of the king bed to avoid the deep body imprints worn into the mattress on each side.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 11:12 pm

For Beijing, given the really bad traffic, it really depends on what you are there to do. For business, I used to stay at the St Regis which was fine. For personal trip, I like to be close to the old palace and enjoyed staying at the Raffles last time. Walking distance to the old palace, Wang Fu Jing and also to the Grand Hyatt for their excellent Made in China restaurant.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Nice list! You'll be in our neck of the woods with the St. Regis Monarch Beach next week, so enjoy. We recommend Stonehill Tavern there at the StR, as well as Studio at Montage, and Basilic, Mastro's Ocean Club, and A in Newport Beach.

For Shanghai, we highly recommend the Peninsula--we loved it. But also the Park Hyatt which we preferred over the RC and others.

For Beijing, the Peninsula or StR...but the Aman is a nice respite if you like Amans or have biz more towards the outer rings.

For London, we love the Halkin by COMO, which is just a block or two from the FS-PL, Lanesborough, and MO, but has more boutique feel if you prefer that (and cheaper in May, too!). We always stay at the Halkin.

I'll be curious as to your comparison of the Aria SkySuites and the MO after you visit. Please share...and enjoy!
Thanks for the suggestions! I hadn't thought of the Halkin before, though had heard of it.

Good to hear on the Shanghai Pen, too. Up in the air on BJ.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Groombridge
I'll be curious to hear how Castiglione del Bosco is holding up. I thought the room design was really superb, and Andrew Harper just gave it a rave review this month.

Brace yourself for Aria. I was there last month and I thought it was rough -- with the worst (worn, hollowed) mattress I have slept on in years -- I had to position myself in the middle of the king bed to avoid the deep body imprints worn into the mattress on each side.
Thanks. We're you in SkySuites or regular Aria?
Old Dec 6, 2014, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by HKTraveler
For Beijing, given the really bad traffic, it really depends on what you are there to do. For business, I used to stay at the St Regis which was fine. For personal trip, I like to be close to the old palace and enjoyed staying at the Raffles last time. Walking distance to the old palace, Wang Fu Jing and also to the Grand Hyatt for their excellent Made in China restaurant.
Thanks! We are going to be going all over the city...I recall the difficult traffic situation!
Old Dec 6, 2014, 9:45 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

In Shanghai the first decision is whether to stay in Pudong or Puxi. There are many people who cite the disadvantages of Pudong, mainly traffic, but they have never bothered me as -- get this -- I am so declasse that I take public transit and am happy using either the subway or the ferry. But if you're not, that will limit your choices.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

For Beijing, I would caution against the Pen. It's one of the oldest hotels in town and so are the hookers at the bar. I like the the Ritz, but I've heard the Fairmont is good. As noted the traffic is horrible. I, like RichardInSF, join the masses and take the subway to save an hour in traffic.

For London, I strongly recommend the Rosewood. It will really change your idea of luxury in London.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM, Amex Plat, Virgin Atl, SPG Gold, National
Last month:

Four Seasons Sultanahmet
Park Hyatt Istanbul

Tomorrow:

Mandarin Oriental Singapore.

I was tempted by the St. Regis or Ritz, but MO had a better rate, and I like having a terrace room. Never been there before, wondering about the location in the city and the Spa...

Up later:

Cosmopolitan Las Vegas or Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas (depending on mood).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.