Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
FlyingDoctorwu, zoe owner himself uses drone
https://www.instagram.com/p/BEA8k4DioKm/
he and hired photographer(s) do many drone of zoe/nera
but i do not recall any of them showing people in photo
you linked another photographer, no guests in zoe photos
actually photographer you linked is zoe owner's wife
Correct I actually follow all of them. Lots of drone use. Does it matter that guests aren't shown? Even the mere act of a drone flying around should be cause for concern...

Are these filed commercial shoots where the guests are notified? I don't know to be honest. I haven't encountered a drone yet but wouldn't be terribly happy to see one.

Fdw
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

zoe (re)opened apr 1, my link dated apr 10 - how often are they at beginning/end of season?

if aman did not require buyout for john hardy photoshoot at kila, that would concern me more

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 1, 2016 at 8:46 am
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:08 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
zoe (re)opened apr 1, my link dated apr 10 - how often are they at beginning/end of season?

if aman did not require buyout for john hardy photoshoot at kila, that would concern me more
At least with traditional photo shoots one can see where the camera is pointed. I guess this is just me not seeing the point of drones. I get that they can have some commercial applications but other than that they just seem disruptive.

Fdw
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

resort owners and invited press also do helicopter photography

also things like guest / nonguest yachts anchored at amanyara

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
At least with traditional photo shoots one can see where the camera is pointed.
Cara Delevingne instagram included video of 'cannonball' dive into main pool at amankila

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 1, 2016 at 9:30 am
Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Since the UAVs are being brought to the resort by guests, and launched from resort grounds, I would think they would have the ability to prohibit their use at the resort. A drone "fly by" originating from elsewhere would be a more complicated issue.
I think there are a few issues to be considered. What are the sizes of the UAV's and for what purpose? The normal small Phantom drones that are normally being used for photography may be allowed but there are restrictions on some areas on the the heights that can be used in Maldives. The bigger UAVs are not allowed generally unless prior permission is sought from the authorities.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
Just came across this article about a hotel using falcons to intercept drones:

"The Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc in France recruited 13 falcons and handlers to patrol the surrounding area for drones...The falcons are trained to take down drones in midair, without injury to themselves."

The sources are a bit dubious, but the concept is interesting.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/09/hote...zi-drones.html
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks
Just came across this article about a hotel using falcons to intercept drones:

"The Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc in France recruited 13 falcons and handlers to patrol the surrounding area for drones...The falcons are trained to take down drones in midair, without injury to themselves."

The sources are a bit dubious, but the concept is interesting.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/09/hote...zi-drones.html
Cool!
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:19 pm
Original Member

New horizons in falconry!
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:59 pm

Was at the FS Baltimore a couple months ago and there was a drone buzzin around the Harbor. It even seemed to make a closish pass on the pool deck. It was quite distracting to say the least. Maybe it's just me but I don't see the appeal of a drone for recreational use. Sure I can see it's commercial appeal but flying around filming recreationally seems a bit voyeuristic.

Interestingly enough Mohonk Mountain House has Very specific no drone policy which I applaud.

Fdw
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:48 pm

I thought this would be of interest to the OP.

http://lifehacker.com/build-your-own...-pi-1788316268
Old May 3, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, RC STARS, Rosewood Elite, Bellini, SPG LP, Dorchester Diamond, PenClub
My apologies if I should be starting a new thread. I was just looking for something on the Four Seasons Bora Bora website and saw this notice:

NOTICE:
The operation of unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAVs”, “drones”) of any kind by guests is prohibited throughout the Resort, as we are located close to the flight path. Breaking the law can carry serious criminal and financial penalties, pursuant to Article L. 6232-4 of the Transport Code. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Last edited by luxtrvlwrks; May 3, 2017 at 8:28 pm
Old May 3, 2017, 8:42 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by luxtrvlwrks
My apologies if I should be starting a new thread. I was just looking for something on the Four Seasons Bora Bora website and saw this notice:

NOTICE:
The operation of unmanned aerial vehicles (“UAVs”, “drones”) of any kind by guests is prohibited throughout the Resort, as we are located close to the flight path. Breaking the law can carry serious criminal and financial penalties, pursuant to Article L. 6232-4 of the Transport Code. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Amanpulo has banned them too - you need approval from management to fly (and actually to bring one on board).
Old May 4, 2017, 3:15 am

Having just stayed somewhere where I've encountered a drone for the first time I must say it must be one of the more egotistical things done by another guest.

I dont want want to be photographed by you. I have no idea what is filmed but I find it highly uncomfortable. More importantly, this was an 11-villa resort, the constant buzzing completely distracts from the peace the place is supposed to bring. Thankfully they only stayed one night. Next time I encounter it I'll call management immediately.
Old May 4, 2017, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Having just stayed somewhere where I've encountered a drone for the first time I must say it must be one of the more egotistical things done by another guest.

I dont want want to be photographed by you. I have no idea what is filmed but I find it highly uncomfortable. More importantly, this was an 11-villa resort, the constant buzzing completely distracts from the peace the place is supposed to bring. Thankfully they only stayed one night. Next time I encounter it I'll call management immediately.
Makes me want to bring one of these lovely birds which take them down in an instant!
Old May 20, 2017, 6:15 am

I was at Amanera recently and there was a drone in the air flying above the pool and above the villas. There isn't a drone policy in place but I said something to the pool attendant who got the drone taken care of. Turns out it was a guest scouting for a music video. Nonetheless I would prefer there to be a clear drone policy, especially in places where one has a private pool. Just saw some drone pics in Instagram of Amanzoe. I'm really not a fan at all...

Fdw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.