Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
M&M mileage expiration question: LH is quoting expiration dates to me, but are those ticketing dates or travel dates? Also, is there any way to keep the miles alive with qualifying activity other than the credit card?

Thanks.....
Old May 27, 2016, 12:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Sternberg
Can LH/LX cabin crew see whether my ticket is paid or award?

Thanks.

They cannot see anything other than your status at time of checkin. Only if you are a last minute upgrader (ie your seat change missed the manifest printout deadline and was reported in a correction sheet later) they know that you moved up for some reason.
Old May 27, 2016, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
OT but,

I know that Emirates crews can't tell whether you paid $20,000 or redeemed Alaska MileagePlan miles for your First Class ticket. However, they know if you upgraded from Business.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
They cannot see anything other than your status at time of checkin. Only if you are a last minute upgrader (ie your seat change missed the manifest printout deadline and was reported in a correction sheet later) they know that you moved up for some reason.
I stand corrected, I thought the crew knew the fare class (and status) and acted accordingly, for example, when it was not possible for all passengers to get their first meal choice.

Last edited by mmff; May 27, 2016 at 3:20 pm
Old May 29, 2016, 3:15 pm

If you book an award flight, do you still receive the flight segments in your total for the year?
Old May 29, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN, QR Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5-star
It is the first time I receive more than 100% of the flown distance with a M&M partner who gives the executive bonus. I was surprised to see that the 25% executive bonus is calculated on the flown miles and not on the miles I receive for flying a certain booking class.
Is this correct?

I flew BKK-ZRH in F which earned me 16.854 miles + 1.405 executive bonus.
Old May 29, 2016, 4:29 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ukavsfan
If you book an award flight, do you still receive the flight segments in your total for the year?
Flight segments are only meaningful if you are trying to achieve FTL through Silver Promotion. However, only paid flights count so the answer is no.
Old May 29, 2016, 5:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nico_T_
It is the first time I receive more than 100% of the flown distance with a M&M partner who gives the executive bonus. I was surprised to see that the 25% executive bonus is calculated on the flown miles and not on the miles I receive for flying a certain booking class.
Is this correct?

I flew BKK-ZRH in F which earned me 16.854 miles + 1.405 executive bonus.
It is correct as stated on M&M website:

On intercontinental flights the bonus is worked out on the basis of the actual distance miles. On shorter flights it is based on the fixed mileage levels for a flight (minimum miles).
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...%24Information
(Sorry I don't seem to be able to post a direct link.)
Old May 30, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
award space in F

hi everyone

i'm looking to upgrade a lufthansa business (D) ticket using krisflyer miles to first class, LH622 FRA-RUH on 8th June. What is strange is that we are within the 2 week window and despite the website telling me there are 4+ revenue seats still available no space has opened up at all. what is even stranger is that award space is not available to miles and more members either.

anyone know what is going on?
Old May 30, 2016, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by awxm88
hi everyone

i'm looking to upgrade a lufthansa business (D) ticket using krisflyer miles to first class, LH622 FRA-RUH on 8th June. What is strange is that we are within the 2 week window and despite the website telling me there are 4+ revenue seats still available no space has opened up at all. what is even stranger is that award space is not available to miles and more members either.

anyone know what is going on?
LH thinks it can sell those seats for real money within two weeks. Keep on checking and they might open up.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by malmostoso
LH thinks it can sell those seats for real money within two weeks. Keep on checking and they might open up.

thanks. i guess what is strange is that apparently not a single seat is sold in the cabin. i can understand if there were only 1-2 seats left, but in this case it's like nothing is happening at all
Old May 30, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Although a SEN, I feel sufficiently embarrassed to ask this question that I thought I should put it into the newbies lounge.

The baggage section on the LH website is ambiguous. We are going to Japan in F. I don't normally pay any attention to baggage allowance as I am usually on hand baggage intra-Europe, but this time Mrs Truffles wants to bring lots of stuff back. The LH website says "3 bags up to 32 kg". Is this for each bag, or in total (i.e. 96kg if we pack carefully)?
Old May 30, 2016, 12:04 pm

32kg per bag, so 96kg - in fact, when you're *G, it's one bag extra.. so, if you're both *G, travelling in F, feel free to bring 8 bags at 32kg each.. or a humble 256kg (plus two hand luggages per person, in case you coulnd't put everything in your quarter ton allowance )
Old May 30, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
32kg per bag, so 96kg - in fact, when you're *G, it's one bag extra.. so, if you're both *G, travelling in F, feel free to bring 8 bags at 32kg each.. or a humble 256kg (plus two hand luggages per person, in case you coulnd't put everything in your quarter ton allowance )
Many thanks. I might keep silent about the extra bag (only for me). She could easily fill it (I mean, that's almost 1/4 ton baggage allowance...)
Old May 30, 2016, 12:53 pm

Is it possible to drop off my luggage 8 hours before flight at EWR or is it too early?
Old May 31, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold, AF Plat and other minors
LH +SAA

Hi,

I am SEN and not very sure about the rule in this case.

I will fly FRA-JNB. Down with LH and back with SAA. Ticket issued by LH. So, I understand that the SAA flight is under LH Flight code (LH9545). It is booked under D class at LH and shown as D on the reservation.

I am looking to optimise my miles. A LH D = 2X, while a SAA D = 1.5. I understand, that flying SAA, I wont get the Executive bonus of 25%.

Booking extract:
Departure airport : Johannesburg- (JNB)
Airline company name :Lufthansa
Flight informations LH9545
Cabin class Business (D)

So, what do I get, 1.5X or 2X?

Thanks a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.