Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access on Germanwings

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2015, 1:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
So, officially no LH lounge access for AC Gold members, when departing with 4U.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by warakorn
So, officially no LH lounge access for AC Gold members, when departing with 4U.
Correct
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I have to say this whole Germanwings no access for other *A Golds is really inconvenient, since a lot of the flights that used to be LH are now 4U, especially from UK to Germany --> very annoying.
I need to get between LHR-CTA and Germanwings is coming up as the most convenient option, but having no lounge access at LHR and STR is putting me off booking this.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:55 am

LH should consider paid lounge access for Germanwings passengers at least...
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Well if you check http://www.staralliance.com/en/about/member_airlines/ you won't see Germanwings on the list. So despite the fact that you can get AP miles on 4U it does sort of make sense that the *A privileges just don't apply. It's not the only AP partner that is not *A as well - 7F (First Air) would be another one. Of course, why parent airline LH doesn't get 4U to join *A I couldn't say.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:36 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
It is just an agreement between UA and LH that allows UA *gold to use the LH lounges when flying 4U
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:37 am

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
The only solution is to boycott 4U. In my company we do not fly Germanwings anymore ;-)
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That's probably the way to go. I've been trying to push a few bookings their way, just to lend a bit of support after what happened. But I am getting quoted prices that are beyond stupid for domestic German flights, not to mention elsewhere, where Lufthansa with a transit in Munich prices at a fraction of the price. I think in this day and age of low cost airline pricing, it's a failed concept. But I think the brand and concept was a soulless disaster from the very beginning.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:43 pm

The problem is, that LH has replaced some routes with 4U and LH offers either no routes or very pricey ones. In the end you can simply buy access to a lounge since you (hopefully saved some money when booking on 4U)
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Denied access to the VIE HON lounge tonight.
Arriving with OS C from CAI and connecting to 4U to DUS in "best". (Used to be an LH flight).

Even the arriving BP didn't get me access as VIE no longer has an arrival lounge access according the the lounge dragon.
SEN lounge is quite poor IMHO and I left after 5 mins to check out other options.
(On the VIE-DUS 4U flight I was the only pax in the "best" cabin. Seems the €500 segments aren't that popular anymore with 4U. The remaining cabins were packed).
Note to self: Try to avoid 4U even more than before.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
I had no problem getting into the LX F lounge at ZRH on a 4U BEST ZRH-CGN trip two weeks ago. It might have helped that this was on an LX stock codeshare.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:22 am

Programs: SQ PPS
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Denied access to the VIE HON lounge tonight.
Arriving with OS C from CAI and connecting to 4U to DUS in "best". (Used to be an LH flight).

Even the arriving BP didn't get me access as VIE no longer has an arrival lounge access according the the lounge dragon.
SEN lounge is quite poor IMHO and I left after 5 mins to check out other options.
(On the VIE-DUS 4U flight I was the only pax in the "best" cabin. Seems the €500 segments aren't that popular anymore with 4U. The remaining cabins were packed).
Note to self: Try to avoid 4U even more than before.
Well, that is really poor performance by os. I was just about to book vie-haj in BEST with Germanwings, as it ithe only option left.
If they really dont allow me to access the HON Lounge, what in their opinion should I do as a customer...?

Maybe I should book a connecting LH flight, but that can't be the only Option left....

Disappointing, Lufthansa!!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:34 am

Programs: LH HON, AMEX Plat, Avis Pres, Sixt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton G, Priority G, Hyatt Plat,Kempinski PC
Originally Posted by RussianLove
Quote: Well, that is really poor performance by os. I was just about to book vie-haj in BEST with Germanwings, as it ithe only option left.
If they really dont allow me to access the HON Lounge, what in their opinion should I do as a customer...?

Maybe I should book a connecting LH flight, but that can't be the only Option left....

yes, this is official 4U policy - was confirmed by Spohr at the hon circle event in DUS earlier this year.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by kasi
Originally Posted by RussianLove
Quote: Well, that is really poor performance by os. I was just about to book vie-haj in BEST with Germanwings, as it ithe only option left.

yes, this is official 4U policy - was confirmed by Spohr at the hon circle event in DUS earlier this year.
And none of you HONs complained to Spohr directly at this event? What did he say? That he doesn't care about SEN/HON based somewhere else than FRA/MUC? Because that's how I perceive it.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

And none of you HONs complained to Spohr directly at this event? What did he say? That he doesn't care about SEN/HON based somewhere else than FRA/MUC? Because that's how I perceive it.
He said Germanwings is not Lufthansa. If it were then they wouldn't have had to make a change.
He did state that the communication might not have been good enough.
However, in my mind they should have gone one step further and should not have allowed to combine LH/LX/OS flights with 4U connections.
In DUS there was an example of an LX F pax on SIN-ZRH in LX F and then connection to HAJ on 4U - which of course went totally wrong with pathetic ground handling of missing luggage in HAJ. €10k ticket with Ryanair-esque service.

The DUS event in hindsight was actually quite hilarious. Most of the people who asked question were really annoyed and voiced their opinion.
Basically the entire "premium traveller" base seems p!ssed off.
Very funny to watch.

I wrote a rather long email to one of the LH managers present at this event. The lady was based in HAM and promised to forward this to the DUS based manager for feedback.
I got absolutely sweet F A as a reply.
They simply don't care.
My prediction is that LH will not be around in 10 years time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.