Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access on Germanwings

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
Originally Posted by warakorn
"If a book a swiss longhaul and the last segment on the return journey will be a germanwings codeshare, will I get lounge access as star alliance gold?" -- If Star Alliance Gold member in the Lufthansa or United FFP, then YES!
But surely a long haul LX flight will terminate in Switzerland where the lounge will be LX not LH so access, even for UA *G? This is relevant to me as I'm considering flying 4U from ZRH back to the UK via CGN. I believe I'd get access in CGN but not ZRH? On way out on a 4U flight from MAN I believe no lounge access since it's a contract lounge?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 12:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
You should get the lounge on all airports as a UA*G
Old Sep 5, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
ok, great. thanks.

And a guest presumably.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
But, we also had reports here that UA*G had been denied LH SEN Lounge access, when departing on 4U.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:55 am
Original Member

But, we also had reports here that UA*G had been denied LH SEN Lounge access, when departing on 4U.
Sure but that is an error on the part of the lounge dragon not being familiar with the UA*G agreement....
Old Sep 6, 2015, 7:00 am
Suspended

The problem is that I have now asked many LH lounge dragons. They state that Star Alliance Gold does not get you into any LH SEN lounge, when departing on 4U.
It would take them some time to research the special rules for NH and UA Star Gold members.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:57 am

The problem is that I have now asked many LH lounge dragons. They state that Star Alliance Gold does not get you into any LH SEN lounge, when departing on 4U.
It would take them some time to research the special rules for NH and UA Star Gold members.
Well I was just at the contract lounge today in MAN (flying LH so no problem) but thought I'd check on the 4U situation. She said no, and to back that up produced her folder with all the access regs, and that clearly stated only LH group *G allowed (not UA or NH) :-(.

In may well be different in ZRH since the lounge there is an LH group lounge.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:59 am
Original Member

Well I do it many times every week in my experience about 15 out of 100 dragons do not know the rules about UA*G but budge when I insist to call a supervisor to update the rules in their heads....
I have yet to be turned away for good but it my take 10+ minutes until you get in - because they need to call.....
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:00 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
Well I was just at the contract lounge today in MAN (flying LH so no problem) but thought I'd check on the 4U situation. She said no, and to back that up produced her folder with all the access regs, and that clearly stated only LH group *G allowed (not UA or NH) :-(.

In may well be different in ZRH since the lounge there is an LH group lounge.
That folder is old - if she would have called......UA*G would be fine....
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
That folder is old - if she would have called......UA*G would be fine....
Well, I went back to the desk as I left to query it and she said it wasn't her problem; she said it's up to 4U to update it. I asked her if she'd chck with a supervisor or call, and she said no. Very politely, as I was too, but very insistent. Could get lucky on another day of course...
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:49 pm
Suspended

I am not sure if the special agreement between UA and 4U covers non-LH lounges.
However, I can say that - if the special agreement is still in place - is well hidden somewhere in the LH intranet, which the LH lounges at real LH lounges can access.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:19 am

If Star Alliance Gold member in the Lufthansa or United FFP, then YES!
Is there a pointer to a LH or 4U web page clearly mentioning these rules?
Old Sep 10, 2015, 2:22 pm

access denied in Hamburg

Yesterday I flew 4U departing HAM. Being FTL i purchased the SMART tariff and was denied access to FTL Lounge. I was told that for FTL it has never been possible using the lounge. I didn't make a fuss, but strongly assume that the lady was wrong...
Old Sep 10, 2015, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It's so random, isn't it? That is the most frustrating thing about the whole Lufthansa Miles & More thing. Another poster wrote a couple of days ago in this forum that, as a loyalty incentive, Miles & More plays absolutely no role any more in his decision. He just books whatever is most convenient in terms of price and schedule. So what is the point of having a 'loyalty' programme if it's so inconsistent?

If you search on the germanwings website, dreadful as it is (how many more decades are we going to have to wait until people actually begin to design decent and useful webpages?), you can find a list of airports on the germanwings network and what is or is not available for FTL. But after going around in circles for 10 minutes, I still can't find it. This is the closest I could fine:

https://www.germanwings.com/en/your-...ngefinder.html
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
This page has it pretty much spelled out:

https://www.germanwings.com/de/ihre-...svorteile.html

Lounge acces in Germany:
2 An ausgewählten Flughäfen für Senatoren und HON Circle Member (außer im BASIC-Tarif auf grenzüberschreitenden Langstrecken-Flügen) oder bei Buchung im BEST-Tarif Zugang zu allen Lounges; für Frequent Traveller nur bei Buchung im SMART-Tarif Zugang zu Lufthansa Business Lounges
In Europe:

3 An allen BEST-Stationen für Senatoren und HON Circle Member oder bei Buchung im BEST-Tarif Zugang zu allen Lounges; für Frequent Traveller nur bei Buchung im SMART-Tarif Zugang zu den Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines und SWISS Business Lounges sowie zu den eigenen Lounges der Brussels Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.