Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN booking code doesn't work on TAM website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2016, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold

I am trying to check-in online for my TAM flight from GRU to EZE, but to no avail. The ticket was purchased through LAN.com but the LAN booking code doesn't seem to be working on the TAM website.
Is there a way around this? When trying to use the LAN site, I am being redirected to TAM.com so that doesn't work either.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: BA
The TAM PNR is different to the LAN one. You need to call LAN CS and ask them what it is.

Go figure.

LAN: YMMV.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:42 am

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro
Tripcase should show both codes if the flight is a JJ one. If it's LAN codeshare, you need to call LATAM to check in.

www.tripcase.com
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: LANPASS
This will keep happening until TAM changes PSS and both airlines have their inventory hosted on the same system

Not gonna happen this year though, with the 2016 Olympics happening in Rio and half the world flying there... I'd rather bet on a 2017-2018 timeframe
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by jlarroulet
This will keep happening until TAM changes PSS and both airlines have their inventory hosted on the same system

Not gonna happen this year though, with the 2016 Olympics happening in Rio and half the world flying there... I'd rather bet on a 2017-2018 timeframe
@JL:

What PSSs do LAN & TAM use?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by IanWorthington
@JL:

What PSSs do LAN & TAM use?
LAN is on Sabre, TAM is on Amadeus. TAM will be moving to Sabre and merge into LAN's infrastructure so they operate in a unified fashion.

Funny thing, when the Memo of Understanding (the very first step in the merger process) between both companies was signed and made public circa 2010, TAM had just migrated from Sabre to Amadeus and LAN was in the process of migrating from Amadeus to Sabre
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by jlarroulet
LAN is on Sabre, TAM is on Amadeus. TAM will be moving to Sabre and merge into LAN's infrastructure so they operate in a unified fashion.

Funny thing, when the Memo of Understanding (the very first step in the merger process) between both companies was signed and made public circa 2010, TAM had just migrated from Sabre to Amadeus and LAN was in the process of migrating from Amadeus to Sabre
Thanks JL. Aye that is a curious one. Does that suggests that it's LAN that's wearing the trousers in this new relationship?
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by IanWorthington
Thanks JL. Aye that is a curious one. Does that suggests that it's LAN that's wearing the trousers in this new relationship?
It's a bit more complicated
When the MOU was announced in 2010, due to regulatory constraints both airlines couldn't talk to each other outside of the due dilligence process. This includes not being able to taking joint decisions. TAM had already switched from Sabre to Amadeus and LAN was already in the migration process (which ended in 2012). Given that, the instruction given to both airlines in a lot of decisions that needed to be made was "business as usual"

Regarding which PSS was to be "the chosen one" for the unified holding, the official stance is that both were fully analized as neither is a perfect fit for the holding. In the end, a combination of service levels, performance and total cost of ownership tipped the scale very slightly in favor of Sabre.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:10 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
LAN customer service

I have a sector with LAN in a cpl of months time. I am travelling with a colleague so is joining me on the LAN sector. I cannot ever recall a more frustratingly difficult unhelpful disinterested call centre staff. It must be quite painful for our South American LAN ff's. They seem to receive many accolades but I'm just starting to realise they are successful only in being the least of the 'evils' of airlines in South America.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Cedar: I would say that your views on the ccs should be filtered thru our [latinamericans] expectations on service and how we deal with issues when they arise. I am used to travel bureaucracy in Latin America, and I find it quite confusing in other regions of the world. When the call center does not work for me, I just hang up and call again. And in most cases that solves the issue.

Same thing has been argued here on the quality and attention of on-board staff. It is customary to ring the FA to get something, quite opposite to what happens in other parts of the world. That might be different to some people, but it does not make the overall process bad or good. (on a sidenote, a couple of months ago I was in a restaurant in Minneapolis and the waiter kept coming to my table to ask me if everything was OK. My partner was a French woman, and we both found the whole thing quite annoying, we didn't want the small talk or the constant interruptions. However, for my american friends that is BAU. Same things happen for airlines and their customer service...)
Old Feb 5, 2016, 2:18 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Appreciate what you're saying but I've flown enough to know this is neither cultural or regional - it's plainly painful disinterest. 3 calls were more than enough to come to that conclusion. They give case numbers to everything but don't action anything. Even trying to get a seat change to 1L on a flight was abruptly told "You gotta pay for this!" didn't seem to worry them I was a premium pax nor that I was OW emerald. Honestly felt like I was dealing with a low cost carrier.
I was almost regretting not flying across the pond on a LAN789 to SCL(my first 787 experience) but after the few issues I've needed to speak with LAN about I'm thankful I booked with with Qantas....bliss in comparison. That said I'm sure they are fine in the air but I'd hate to be in Sth America and have something go wrong only to have to deal with similar disinterested ground staff. I have an internal LAN sector(booked via Qantas) so ill let you know how that goes

Originally Posted by MfromL
Cedar: I would say that your views on the ccs should be filtered thru our [latinamericans] expectations on service and how we deal with issues when they arise. I am used to travel bureaucracy in Latin America, and I find it quite confusing in other regions of the world. When the call center does not work for me, I just hang up and call again. And in most cases that solves the issue.

Same thing has been argued here on the quality and attention of on-board staff. It is customary to ring the FA to get something, quite opposite to what happens in other parts of the world. That might be different to some people, but it does not make the overall process bad or good. (on a sidenote, a couple of months ago I was in a restaurant in Minneapolis and the waiter kept coming to my table to ask me if everything was OK. My partner was a French woman, and we both found the whole thing quite annoying, we didn't want the small talk or the constant interruptions. However, for my american friends that is BAU. Same things happen for airlines and their customer service...)
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: Latampass Black
Cedar: As a Lan Comodoro, I've got to tell you the service offered by Qantas Customer Service to me in the past hasn't been much better(with one notable exception last year!).

My experience with Lan is that they are great in the air but terrible on the ground. It's more than made up for with unlimited free upgrades for Comodoro & very low fees on award redemptions. I've received free upgrades to business on 7 out of 8 international flights on Lan & Tam in the past year, including on reward flights, where I booked economy awards for myself & my wife & we were both upgraded both ways.

So basically, I guess we learn to deal with the haphazard customer service on the ground due to the hugely improved rewards offered by Lanpass in contrast to programs like Qantas.

FYI: SYD-AKL-SCL is LA800 (LA789 is GIG-SCL)
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: LATAM Black
I'm with you FDMate, the Lanpass Commodoro upgrades are excellent, my success ratio is about 80% on my long haul flights and I am first in the queue for a KM redemption flight upgrade tomorrow.

When I arrived in Latam (Brazil and Chile) 2 years ago, I used my PA or translator to negotiate with LAN CS and generally the response was poor. Now I call the CS English speakers using the Santiago number and I have received very good service.

The website service is a very different experience though.

Happy travels.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:41 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
When call centers get from bad to worse

Once more it has been proven that FT is the best resource when traveling. A big thank you to mmoorrggaann for his/her contribution!

Stupidly booked a JJ flight within SA on the LATAM "other European countries" website in booking class P and was then unable to select seats.

Of course the PNR did not work on the LATAM "Brazil" website where seats could be chosen.

Spoke with the most incompetent call center agent ever in Colombia who could only assign window seats 2 F and 3 F for a couple traveling together .

Thanks to FT I generated an Amadeus PNR on TripCase and could promptly select seats 1 A & C on the LATAM "Brazil" website which I understand is the former TAM one .

Just the difference between a bad to a worse call center and between a bad to a total crap airline, I wonder why people still prefer LA to AR which is a safe and reliable airline. Of course JJ was perfect when it was still *alliance.

What a customer unfriendly mess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.