FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAN booking code doesn't work on TAM website
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:41 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
When call centers get from bad to worse

Once more it has been proven that FT is the best resource when traveling. A big thank you to mmoorrggaann for his/her contribution!

Stupidly booked a JJ flight within SA on the LATAM "other European countries" website in booking class P and was then unable to select seats.

Of course the PNR did not work on the LATAM "Brazil" website where seats could be chosen.

Spoke with the most incompetent call center agent ever in Colombia who could only assign window seats 2 F and 3 F for a couple traveling together .

Thanks to FT I generated an Amadeus PNR on TripCase and could promptly select seats 1 A & C on the LATAM "Brazil" website which I understand is the former TAM one .

Just the difference between a bad to a worse call center and between a bad to a total crap airline, I wonder why people still prefer LA to AR which is a safe and reliable airline. Of course JJ was perfect when it was still *alliance.

What a customer unfriendly mess.