Wiki Posts
Search

SPG transfer to SkyPass problem

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2017, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS
SPG transfer to SkyPass problem

I'm not sure if this is better off asked in the SPG forum, but I figured I would start here.

I initiated an SPG point transfer on 2/28 to KE. Transfer time was noted to be 7-10 business days, and the points still have not shown up in SkyPass. After tweeting with SPG, they suggested that the name may be a problem.

While KE has FIRST NAME MIDDLE NAME LAST NAME in my profile, SPG's system only supports MIDDLE INITIAL in their system.

Frustration with SPG aside, has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Are my points somewhere in SkyPass' system just unable to credit to my account?
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Yup

This took a couple of months for me to get it figured out after I had two transfers rejected. SPG's system only has room for a middle initial and Korean's system uses a full middle name so of course they do not match.

What I ended up doing is having Korean remove my middle name and also remove the middle initial from SPG. That seemed to do the trick.

Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rebmig
I'm not sure if this is better off asked in the SPG forum, but I figured I would start here.

I initiated an SPG point transfer on 2/28 to KE. Transfer time was noted to be 7-10 business days, and the points still have not shown up in SkyPass. After tweeting with SPG, they suggested that the name may be a problem.

While KE has FIRST NAME MIDDLE NAME LAST NAME in my profile, SPG's system only supports MIDDLE INITIAL in their system.

Frustration with SPG aside, has anyone else experienced an issue like this? Are my points somewhere in SkyPass' system just unable to credit to my account?
They tell you to wait at least 10 business days, then you can call them and they will file an issue with their research department. You usually have to call back again (another 10 business days later) and your points will be credited back to your account and you can start the process all over again...

Last edited by Benner; Mar 22, 2017 at 9:44 pm
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
A transfer in January failed due to my middle name being on KE skypass but not SPG. I added my middle name to SPG. Now I am 12 days in on another transfer request. I assume this one will fail also even though my names match. The post above is the first time I've heard of the middle name/middle initial issue between SPG and KE. Maybe I also need to remove middle name from both accounts. I called KE and agent said SPG transfers take 10-15 business days even though SPG says 7-10. I understand fraud and security but this middle name/middle initial stuff is preventing a legitimate transfer from processing. I also had a transfer to BA fail because of this middle name business. Most irritating.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by houstr8male
A transfer in January failed due to my middle name being on KE skypass but not SPG. I added my middle name to SPG. Now I am 12 days in on another transfer request. I assume this one will fail also even though my names match. The post above is the first time I've heard of the middle name/middle initial issue between SPG and KE. Maybe I also need to remove middle name from both accounts. I called KE and agent said SPG transfers take 10-15 business days even though SPG says 7-10. I understand fraud and security but this middle name/middle initial stuff is preventing a legitimate transfer from processing. I also had a transfer to BA fail because of this middle name business. Most irritating.
The solution is to remove your middle name from ALL accounts. Middle name is not required when you book hotels and flights.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by tth6133
The solution is to remove your middle name from ALL accounts. Middle name is not required when you book hotels and flights.
Thanks for this tip! I plan to make a transfer in the near future, this will save me from dealing with the problem! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.