Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome airport FCO and CIA transportation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by sk3
I originally chose Rome Shuttle Limousine, the third on your list, based on recommendations and the fact that there was no prepayment required, you didn't have to provide a credit card to make the reservation and you can pay with either cash or credit card. Rome Airport Shuttle, the first one on your list costs more and you have to provide your CC so I never tried them. Your link for the second choice doesn't work - so I don't know who you're referring to.

I've lost track on how often I've used Rome Shuttle Limousine, but I've never had a problem. But to be fair, I've never been picked up in anything as pristine as the Mercedes shown on their website and I have had drivers who barely spoke any English. But the cars have always been clean and the drivers have always been professional and friendly and knew exactly where to take me.

The link you provided for Rome Shuttle Limousine didn't work for me either. (And they do have prices on their website if you know where to look).

The price is €40 for up to 3 ppl, and they charge €5 extra for night hours 21.30 to 06:00. There is no additional charge for VAT and no additional charge to pay with a CC.

Here's the main site:
http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/

Then you need to click on "Services" seen towards the top right of the screen

Then you need to click on "Transfers to and from the major airports in Rome (from any city to Rome and viceversa)"

And then (finally!) you see their prices:
http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/...t-transfer.php

I usually receive an email reply from Charlotte, sometimes Nina, within 24 hours.

Hope this helps.
Great information. Thanks. I guess I have to email them to reserve a car from FCO- Gran Flora?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by sk3

Here's the main site:

Then you need to click on "Transfers to and from the major airports in Rome (from any city to Rome and viceversa)"

I usually receive an email reply from Charlotte, sometimes Nina, within 24 hours.

Hope this helps.
We took sk3 recommendation and used this service. Needless to say they were excellent. Our original request was confirmed by email within 24 hours. When our flight was delayed 2 hours we emailed again and received a prompt response - no problem though there would be an extra 5E charge to cover parking time. The driver was waiting with a sign when we landed and then a short walk to the garage. On the return the driver showed up a few minutes early and got us to the airport quickly thru morning rush hour traffic. The only minus is that neither driver took credit cards, so make sure you get/have some Euros when you land.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by sk3
I originally chose Rome Shuttle Limousine, the third on your list, based on recommendations and the fact that there was no prepayment required, you didn't have to provide a credit card to make the reservation and you can pay with either cash or credit card. Rome Airport Shuttle, the first one on your list costs more and you have to provide your CC so I never tried them. Your link for the second choice doesn't work - so I don't know who you're referring to.

I've lost track on how often I've used Rome Shuttle Limousine, but I've never had a problem. But to be fair, I've never been picked up in anything as pristine as the Mercedes shown on their website and I have had drivers who barely spoke any English. But the cars have always been clean and the drivers have always been professional and friendly and knew exactly where to take me.

The link you provided for Rome Shuttle Limousine didn't work for me either. (And they do have prices on their website if you know where to look).

The price is €40 for up to 3 ppl, and they charge €5 extra for night hours 21.30 to 06:00. There is no additional charge for VAT and no additional charge to pay with a CC.

Here's the main site:

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much sk3!!! Great service and the transfers worked perfectly.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 2:08 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
...The only minus is that neither driver took credit cards, so make sure you get/have some Euros when you land.
I've read about the credit card thing on ST too, and then learned you need to specify when you email that you'll be paying with a CC, so that you'll be sure to get a driver equipped for it. On the ST thread it was also pointed out that by doing so you'll be sure to get one of the regular drivers, versus getting someone just contracted for overflow situations when they're heavily booked.

I'm glad to hear yours and TheAAdmiral's transfers worked out, thanks for taking the time to post! There's another thread here where a FTer's experience was not acceptable - and he also booked because of my posts Perhaps he ended up with one of the temp drivers?

Here's the ST thread I'm referring to (and I link back to the FT post with the bad experience - my user name there is Jady):
Rome Shuttle Limo
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:35 am

sitbusshuttle

Originally Posted by sk3
There's now also the SITBus shuttle option for €8

http://www.sitbusshuttle.it/index.ph...mid=55&lang=en

And for a shared van shuttle directly to your hotel I've also come across this company, price €16

http://www.world-airport-transfer.co...sfer_city=Rome
Has anyone used the sitbusshuttle. It takes you to the rome termini. I could then cab to our hotel. The cost seems reasonable but we will be arriving at 11:00 pm in the evening. Is this doable?????? Has anyone done this before?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
We took sk3 recommendation and used this service. Needless to say they were excellent. Our original request was confirmed by email within 24 hours. When our flight was delayed 2 hours we emailed again and received a prompt response - no problem though there would be an extra 5E charge to cover parking time. The driver was waiting with a sign when we landed and then a short walk to the garage. On the return the driver showed up a few minutes early and got us to the airport quickly thru morning rush hour traffic. The only minus is that neither driver took credit cards, so make sure you get/have some Euros when you land.
Just booked on romeshuttlelimousine.com and had an email response to my inquiry within ten minutes. They say credit cards taken by drivers. Since this thread has been quiet for a while, FYI latest pricing is 45 Euro from FCO to hotel in center of Rome, and 40 Euro for the return. Seems a fair price.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by USCGamecock
Is it better to get an official taxi at FCO or should I book a car in advance? How honest are the taxis there? Thanks in advance for any help.
It's easier to take a cab than to arrange for a car. They may be waiting for you with a sign at arrivals. Or they may be late due to traffic, no parking, etc. if not there, you won't be able to call them, and it won't be pleasant. If you connect, you may have to walk blocks to there car.

Just go to an official traffic stand. No solicitors. There are tons of cabs. It's a fixed rate of about 50 euros, plus something for over a certain number of bags, so you don't have to worry about being taken for a ride. Just quote the rate when you get in and get the agreement and go. Much better than hoping your driver shows up.

I almost always take the train because I'm usually traveling by myself, but remember, the train doesn't drop you off at the hotel. You then need to take a cab, unless you make the mistake of staying near the train station. Also, the train won't be cheaper with four people. I'd take the train anyway if it was rush hour, because I hate being stuck in traffic, and I always walk from the train station to where I stay, even though it's a couple of miles, because I enjoy it and only carry a small bag. Remember if you take the train to avoid traffic, it will be a crowded and hot train.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.