Rome airport FCO and CIA transportation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome airport FCO and CIA transportation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I just arranged a pick-up/drop-off with www.romeshuttlelimousine.com (since there are 5 of us traveling, their rate seemed the best). Question - is the 50 Euro they charge each way inclusive of VAT and other 'fees/taxes'? Also, should I tip the driver - and if so, how much (I don't have any idea of what the tipping etiquette is like in Italy). Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: American AAdvantage Platinum
I've used them twice and have been very happy with them. The price you are quoted is what you pay. Tipping I believe is optional but we gave the driver 5€.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by follonica2
I've used them twice and have been very happy with them. The price you are quoted is what you pay. Tipping I believe is optional but we gave the driver 5€.
Thanks!!
Old Apr 13, 2009, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by follonica2
Ditto for me. They met us at the airport exactly as planned, we were shown to a shiny new car, they drove us directly to our hotel by what seemed to be a very reasonable route, the cost was exactly as contracted. We also gave the driver a small tip - probably EU5. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by wrxmom
I've tried other shuttles and the best is Roma Limousine Service. Drivers are on time, they wait if your flight is delayed, very helpful, and the best pricing. Plus our driver pointed out things along the way so a mini city tour all included.
I reserved a sedan with the above mentioned company, Roma Limousine Service, based on pricing, and prompt attention to our email exchanges.

The final email confirmation from them couldn't have been more clear, including a mention of the name that would be written on the waiting driver's sign.

Then . . ., they never showed. We waited 1 hour past the arrival time of our flight. My cell phone wasn't yet activated for Italy, so I couldn't call.

We ended up taking the airport train into Rome.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by bdemaria
The Leonardo Express is 11EU/pp and takes you from the airport to the center of town.
Remember that's there's also a commuter train (route FR1 to Fara Sabina) which skips Termini, but stops at the outlying stations, including Roma Ostiense, where you can transfer to the Metro Line B)
It runs more frequently (about every 15-20 minutes), and the cost is about 5.50 EU
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:15 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
There's now also the SITBus shuttle option for €8

http://www.sitbusshuttle.it/index.ph...mid=55&lang=en

And for a shared van shuttle directly to your hotel I've also come across this company, price €16

http://www.world-airport-transfer.co...sfer_city=Rome
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:48 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by sk3
There's now also the SITBus shuttle option for €8

http://www.sitbusshuttle.it/index.ph...mid=55&lang=en

And for a shared van shuttle directly to your hotel I've also come across this company, price €16

http://www.world-airport-transfer.co...sfer_city=Rome
FWIW, the Leonardo Express from FCO to the Termini Station is 14 Euros each way. ( Effective Apr 1st )
BW
Old May 23, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA1K 1MM
Used Rome Shuttle Limousine

Originally Posted by clovebs
I just arranged a pick-up/drop-off with www.romeshuttlelimousine.com (since there are 5 of us traveling, their rate seemed the best). Question - is the 50 Euro they charge each way inclusive of VAT and other 'fees/taxes'? Also, should I tip the driver - and if so, how much (I don't have any idea of what the tipping etiquette is like in Italy). Thanks.
We used Rome Shuttle Limousine to and from FCO recently. We arrived in Rome in late April 2010 and stayed a week until early May. We used them for transport from FCO to our rental apartment in the San Giovanni district of Rome and back to FCO a week later.

The total price for two of us plus two checked bags and two carry-on bags was 40 euros FCO to Rome and (because we reserved at the same time) 35 euros from Rome back to FCO a week later. The cost by train to Termini station and then taxi or bus to San Giovanni would not have been a whole lot less for two people. Plus we would have had to schlep our bags through train / bus stations and then a couple of blocks on city streets.

Since we are not <30 years old any more the shuttle was a vastly superior option. We made the reservation online. They confirmed it by email very promptly. The driver was ontime to pick us up at FCO in a Mercedes sedan. Our return to the airport was also an ontime pickup in a fairly spacious minivan. Both vehicles were clean and comfortable.

This worked well for us.

CB

Last edited by CaptainBilly; May 23, 2010 at 10:06 pm Reason: Changed "purchaed" to "reserved"
Old May 24, 2010, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
We arranged a private car through the apartments where we rented. The driver was waiting outside customs as agreed despite a 20 minute late arrival and had my name spelled correctly on his sign. The cost was Eu50 for the 2 of us to sit in the back of a shiny Mercedes station wagon and stare out the windows. I tipped 10% and it appeared to be appreciated. I have no idea who the fellow was, but plan to use the same service to get back to the airport Friday.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marrriott Platinum
My wife and I used this shuttle based on this thread, and it worked out well. The cost difference vs two train tickets, when you're groggy after an all night flight was well worth it, especially considering that a cab ride would have been needed from Termini to our hotel.

I made the error of not proceeding past baggage claim to where the driver was waiting, and so was waiting for him for some time while he was waiting for me. Their instructions were very clear, I finally figured it out, and the ride in was fine. I would definitely do it again.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 3:53 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Question Delete

Sorry meant to create a new thread.

Last edited by jbfield; Sep 12, 2010 at 4:02 am
Old Oct 21, 2010, 8:23 am

Hi all, just got this info, sk3 requested I update this thread with the info.

We had a car service arranged by the owner of the B&B where we stayed. Cost was E35 each way, met us inside at FCO and front door pickup for the return. It is run by a private owner, his name is Alessandro Guastella and his email is [email protected]. The drivers were punctual and professional.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: UA G, HH G
Rome shuttle limousine

I recently used "Rome Shuttle Limousine" http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/ form FCO to the WAC Cavalieri and back. Booked online and got a very friendly and prompt reply. Exchanged e-mails with them a couple of times and they always answered quickly and professionally. The drivers were exactly on time both ways and although both drivers did not speak much English they were very friendly and helpful. Were picked up from FCO in a clean relatively new Mercedes E class and back in a brand new Jaguar. The cost for 3 people with 2 checked bags and carry-on was as advertised (40 EUR each way).

I would use this service again without hesitation.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Another happy customer of Rome Shuttle Limousine. One of our driver's spoke excellent English and we had a wonderful conversation about Rome and Italy. I learned more from him than any of my guide books.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.