Rome airport FCO and CIA transportation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rome airport FCO and CIA transportation

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: M/R AMBASSADOR/LT/TIT/UASILVER/AAGOLD
Just returned from Rome and we used Rome Shuttle and wanted to thank all who recommended them. Perfect experience, 40 euro, and a nice driver who picked us up in a Mercedes wagon. By comparison, the taxi rate was 60 euro to the Grand Flora.
Old May 5, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA ●Ritz-Carlton STARS TA ●FSPP TA ●Dorchester Collection Diamond Club
jtp1947, the taxi rate for up to 4 people to the Grand Flora on Via Veneto is still €40. It is within the Fixed Taxi Rate Zone. A price increase is pending, but not yet approved.
Old May 9, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
I just booked my FCO pickup via www.romeshuttlelimousine.com, I received a confirmation email quickly and look forward toward meeting our driver in the arrivals hall! 50 euro for 4 adults each with a rollerboard. I will post a review after the pickup!
Old May 14, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: Continental
If you are going to the Termini area, take the bus. It is much better that the Leonardo Express.
Old May 29, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: KM P, DL S | SPG G, HH S | Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
ADR, the airport company, has published a new page announcing some change to the traffic management in the airport area.
If you wonder how that's related to the thread... well the information about the public transport by bus/coach/limo is slightly better in this page than in the web page about that:
http://www.adr.it/portal/portal/adr/...indow?action=2

As you can see, there're 3 companies running shuttle service between Rome and its region - Lazio - and the airport, serving different destinations - eg. Roma Termini, Roma Ostiense, Roma Tiburtina, Roma Piazza Cavour, then Roma Ostia, Fiumicino (town), etc - with different working hours.

Warning: the list in this page doesn't include other services to destinations outside Lazio, but I think thy ill operate from the same area of the above-mentioned services, opposite T3-Arrivals.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Alice11
Warning: the list in this page doesn't include other services to destinations outside Lazio, but I think thy ill operate from the same area of the above-mentioned services, opposite T3-Arrivals.
Don't you mean next to T3-Arrivals, turning right on the sidewalk as you exit the terminal? I've taken the SULGA bus to Umbria, which formerly left from the Gran Turismo area, which was opposite (across the street) from T3 arrivals, but it sounds like all this is moving to the new bus area.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by rove312
Don't you mean next to T3-Arrivals, turning right on the sidewalk as you exit the terminal? I've taken the SULGA bus to Umbria, which formerly left from the Gran Turismo area, which was opposite (across the street) from T3 arrivals, but it sounds like all this is moving to the new bus area.
yes rove312, I made a mistake, they had said next to T3, sorry. 'Forza dell'abitudine'!
I've found this map:
http://www.sitbusshuttle.it/images/s...no_apt_big.gif
Old Jun 5, 2011, 3:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by hockey7711
If you are going to the Termini area, take the bus.
I did that last month in both directions. Got a photo of their advertisement in baggage claim.

Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: UA Gold, OZ silver,
Originally Posted by 767400
I just booked my FCO pickup via www.romeshuttlelimousine.com, I received a confirmation email quickly and look forward toward meeting our driver in the arrivals hall! 50 euro for 4 adults each with a rollerboard. I will post a review after the pickup!
I just wanted to update my post and say everything went well with my pickup, my driver was waiting in the arrivals hall (even after a 2 1/2 hr delay on my arrival) and eager to take our bags to the car. I would use this service again on my next trip to Rome! ^
Old Jun 9, 2011, 7:57 am

New shuttle service: Alitalia Bus, for AZ pax
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alita...talia-bus.html
Old Jun 9, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA ●Ritz-Carlton STARS TA ●FSPP TA ●Dorchester Collection Diamond Club
Terravision is also returning to FCO on July 15, working through/with Alivision. Their routes will be €6 for a single which is less than the SITBus Shuttle!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 3:09 pm

BIRG valid on COTRAL buses?

This is mainly theoretical and not something I'd likely consider or advise to people with luggage. I know it's been established that the BIRG regional pass isn't valid on either train to FCO or the COTRAL bus (mostly at odd hours) from Tiburtina and Termini. The schedules for the COTRAL buses to Lido di Ostia and Cornelia and Magliana metro stations listed at http://www.cotralspa.it/Collegamenti...orti_area1.asp mention Titolo metrebus a 3 zone / Integrated ticket 3 zones. Do I read it right that the 3-zone BIRG ticket would be valid on these buses? So for €6 one could get from the airport and have free use of Rome transit for a day? And are BIRG tickets sold at FCO? I remember hearing it mentioned as a problem because they aren't valid on the trains.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by 767400
We just used this service for 11 in our party for 110 euro. Great service from our hotel to the airport at FCO. They packed all the bags in the van and sedan and were friendly and fast. Thanks for the recommendation.
Old Jul 7, 2011, 11:11 pm

FCO to Vatican, Fr1 train?

Hi folks, We are arriving in FCO at 7:30 AM, and thought that we would save some money by taking the FR1 train for 8 Euros. We need to transfer to the A line to get to the Octaviano station, so it looks like we have to transfer from the Tuscolana stop so we won't have to change twice. Is this a good choice, and is that the correct way to transfer? Also, we are leaving from CIA, so it looks like Termini to FR4 or FR6, does that run early on a Saturday Morning? I have enjoyed reading the posts here, we are leaving on the 11th, staying till the 16th.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 4:34 am
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by tomjmoore
Hi folks, We are arriving in FCO at 7:30 AM, and thought that we would save some money by taking the FR1 train for 8 Euros. We need to transfer to the A line to get to the Octaviano station, so it looks like we have to transfer from the Tuscolana stop so we won't have to change twice. Is this a good choice, and is that the correct way to transfer? Also, we are leaving from CIA, so it looks like Termini to FR4 or FR6, does that run early on a Saturday Morning? I have enjoyed reading the posts here, we are leaving on the 11th, staying till the 16th.
Welcome to FT tomjmoore!

I'll leave your question for our train experts but wanted to offer this up in case you're unaware -

You can take a shuttle (SITBusShuttle Service) for the same €8 that will be a direct trip from FCO to Piazza Cavour, very near the Vatican. And for your return to CIA this same company offers a shuttle service from Termini to CIA for €6.

To my way of thinking the shuttle would be a much easier mode of travel.

Here's the link:
http://www.sitbusshuttle.it/index.ph...mid=55&lang=en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.