Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bora Bora Le Moana Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2007, 9:59 am

Programs: AC*E, PC*Plat, IC*RoyalAmb
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Which email address do you use to contat the Thalasse and the Tahiti property directly?
At the Thalasso I dealt with the assistant front office manager, I'll PM his email address.

At the IC Tahiti it wasn't a great upgrade. From a gardenview room to an oceanview room (but not a suite). I'd normally take issue with the upgrade but we were only there for about nine hours (while waiting for a middle of the night flight) so I didn't bother. They don't have a huge number of OWB relative to rooms so it's entirely possible all the OWB were booked. I'm not sure how many suites the hotel has in the main complex.

Where it counted for us (at La Moana and Thalasso) the upgrades and treatment was great.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Sydfly
Which email address do you use to contat the Thalasse and the Tahiti property directly? I was again told by the FP reservation agent that I would only receive a 1 category upgrade as an RA and no benefits at all when using my points even on a combined points/paid stay. I hope she doesn't enter a remark in my booking and contacts the hotel in advance. I'm really angry because not only am I on honeymoon but being an RA does not seem to count a bit in FP

What upgrade do you get as an RA in Tahiti if you book a garden room? Do you get an OW bungalow? I must say that I've stayed in the Tahiti IC three times in the past as a lowly Ambassador and they always treated me very well (was given Panoramic View room on each stay and room was preblocked the night before). I hope they haven't changed their attitude towards members.
I saved this email because I plan to visit in a year or so.

Dear Mr. Camino1,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the InterContinental Ambassador
Service Center.

Please be informed of the contact information for our properties in Bora
Bora.

InterContinental Thalasso Spa Bora Bora
E-mail : [email protected]

InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora
E-mail : [email protected]

Should you have further questions, please contact us at +44 870 400 9099 / 1
800 462 6686 or via e-mail at [email protected].
Old May 7, 2007, 5:05 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
I will be going to IC Moana Bora Bora and IC Thalasso in January. Please let me know what is the best way to get there from New Zealand (Auckland). Thank you.

MD
Old May 8, 2007, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA1K, IC RA, *wood Plt, AA EXP, LH Sen, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, EK Gold
Originally Posted by flying MD
I will be going to IC Moana Bora Bora and IC Thalasso in January. Please let me know what is the best way to get there from New Zealand (Auckland). Thank you.

MD

Bump bump

Old May 8, 2007, 12:51 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT

MD
USE UA miles~ on nz~~

well, it was 30K for biz, now 40K~~ still not to bad, consider 2500+ miles flying~

Last edited by yyliu88; May 8, 2007 at 12:58 pm
Old May 8, 2007, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by yyliu88
USE UA miles~ on nz~~

well, it was 30K for biz, now 40K~~ still not to bad, consider 2500+ miles flying~
It seems that there are only 2 flights/week on AKL-PPT route (Sat/Sun). Can fly to Rarotonga. What from there?
Old May 8, 2007, 5:54 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
It seems that there are only 2 flights/week on AKL-PPT route (Sat/Sun). Can fly to Rarotonga. What from there?
Air Rarotonga fly to Tahiti. You can also fly Air Tahiti Nui from Auckland (with the possibility of using AA miles).
Old May 8, 2007, 6:42 pm

Thanks for your help. I booked Air NZ C class using miles.
Old May 8, 2007, 8:25 pm

We will be splitting our stay between IC Bora Bora Thalasso and IC Bora Bora. We will be there for 8 nights. Should we divide it equally or should we stay more nights at the IC Thalasso? Any suggestions? Thanks.

MD
Old May 8, 2007, 11:14 pm

Programs: IC - RA, AC - SE 1MM
We will be splitting our stay between IC Bora Bora Thalasso and IC Bora Bora. We will be there for 8 nights. Should we divide it equally or should we stay more nights at the IC Thalasso? Any suggestions? Thanks.

MD
I spent 8 days in Thalasso in March and a couple of days at Le Moana, i strongly would suggest all of them at Thalasso. Le Moana is aged and to close to run down areas.

Last edited by IC Expert; May 8, 2007 at 11:15 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 8, 2007, 11:18 pm
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Personally, I would stay longer at the IC Moana Beach, but I'd go there first. The location is far more beautiful (whereas the Thalasso is on a sterile site with a less attractive view). Also, the Moana is on the main island, so you can do a jeep tour, go into town etc, get transport to island restaurants.

The Thalasso has enormous, ultra-modern bungalows, second only to the St Regis, but it has a poor location. It's inconvenient for going to Bora Bora for dinner / tours, the water is a much darker colour (less turquoise) and the mountain is viewed from sideways as opposed to the full view from the Moana Beach.
Old May 9, 2007, 11:55 am

Programs: AC*E, PC*Plat, IC*RoyalAmb
Originally Posted by IC Expert
I spent 8 days in Thalasso in March and a couple of days at Le Moana, i strongly would suggest all of them at Thalasso. Le Moana is aged and to close to run down areas.
While La Moana isn't as new and modern as Thalasso, I found it had the charm of a smaller more established property with much more personal service. I certainly wouldn't call it rundown. And because you're on the main island, you can walk out of the resort and down the road to a number of different places for dinner. But perhaps the best things is that there's decent snorkelling right from the room. This is definitely not the case at Thalasso.

The rooms at the Thalasso are absolutely stunning and the resort is beautiful although it needs to grow in a bit. We found the food to be of mixed quality at best and because you're a boat ride away from the main island it's a bit of work to get back and forth.

I'd split your time, starting at La Moana.
Old May 9, 2007, 12:16 pm

Thank you everyone. I will split it, La Moana/Thalasso, either 4/4 or 3/5. I will start at La Moana, will book Junior Suite Bungalow and hopefully will get upgraded to Horizon Bungalow (as a RA). Which one should I ask for (bungalow)? I thought about using points, but I can only get a beach bungalow and unconfirmed upgrade to the overwater bungalow. I have e-mailed La Moana, but have not heard back from them yet, asking if they would confirm my upgrade on reward stay. I will book the room with points at the IC Thalasso. I remember reading a great report with many pics from IC Thalasso, but I can not find it now. I would like to read it again. Hopefully I will find it again. :-)

MD
Old May 12, 2007, 3:55 am

Go for Thalasso only. You will be coming through Le Moana
every time you will go to the main island, so you can spend some time there,
but the quality of the OWB is so much higher at Thalasso.
I have pictures from both here:

http://www.wildlifeland.com/BoraBora/

I'm going again in July this year and I will be staying at our favorite
OWB with Mount Otemanu seen from our bed... Can't wait!
Thalasso is our favorite place on earth.
Old May 12, 2007, 4:59 am

Programs: UA-lifetime Platinum (2MM), IHG-Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-PC, Marriott-Gold, CX-AM
Thank you everyone. I will split it, La Moana/Thalasso, either 4/4 or 3/5. I will start at La Moana, will book Junior Suite Bungalow and hopefully will get upgraded to Horizon Bungalow (as a RA). Which one should I ask for (bungalow)? I thought about using points, but I can only get a beach bungalow and unconfirmed upgrade to the overwater bungalow. I have e-mailed La Moana, but have not heard back from them yet, asking if they would confirm my upgrade on reward stay. I will book the room with points at the IC Thalasso. I remember reading a great report with many pics from IC Thalasso, but I can not find it now. I would like to read it again. Hopefully I will find it again. :-)

MD
try the following forum link, it shows all the topics about French Polynesia, a very useful site indeed with great information:

http://www.tahiti-explorer.com/forum...s.php?ubb=cfrm

I was in IC Le Moana in August 2006 and June 2005. Snorkeling at IC Le Moana was great in June 2005, but when we went there again, the corals around the hotel were all damaged by swell in September 2005, so we didn't see many fishes and healthy corals in during our 2nd stay in August 2006. It is going to take time for the corals to grow back like before. If you go there now, u will probably only see the dead coral bones/skeletons laying on the sand; it is where you can see the dark patches in the lagoon (before the dark patches was where u could see the beautiful corals). Hopefully the fishes are coming back gradually to Le Moana after the re-opening of Le Moana in June 2006. The hotel was under renovation after the swell since most of the bungalows were damaged, the hotel was closed from 9/2005-5/2006.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.