Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:18 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
My wife and I stayed there for Thanksgiving week, and I have stayed there several times before, both before and after Katrina.

NO itself does seem still to be depopulated. However, many if not most of the great restaurants are opened or are opening soon. The Quarter was largely untouced, and to the extent that places have not reopened with their full schedule it is because a lack of staff, an excuse we heard a number of times as have othe posters.

At the IC, we received an upgrade to a two room corner suite which was very comfortable and tastefully appointed. We had two minibars -- one was empty, and the other had sodas, some beer and a bottle of white wine, but no liquour. We received our fruit plate and a bottle of wine and water. The hotel was pretty empty, and room service, though thinly staffed, always had our food within a half hour. We had no problem with the "Do Not Disturb" sign (though others have, I never had at this hotel). Valet and luggage services were all good.

NOLA is a favorite city of mine, and the IC has always been great to me as an RA. I either get a corner suite or a very large suite, and they always meet all RA conditions without having to be reminded. I hope the poster who's going soon will enjoy it and report back.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 6:51 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Matthewski
Oh, and by the way, don't waste your time and $30 with the slow valets - there is a lot of parking within a block or two. (with nola being so deserted)
very useful tip, thanks ^
Old Dec 26, 2006, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Anyone use the fitness facilities at this IC?
Old Dec 29, 2006, 7:50 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

I will try this property for the first time in 2007. That said the Hilton has one of the best fitness centers in the city if not of any Hilton I have ever been in So I always book at least one night there.....
Old Dec 29, 2006, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I will try this property for the first time in 2007. That said the Hilton has one of the best fitness centers in the city if not of any Hilton I have ever been in So I always book at least one night there.....
I didn't use the fitness center at either but when I started this thread the hotels were unknowns so I stayed at both and can say the IC is a tier higher than the Hilton as hotels go.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 2:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Camino1
I didn't use the fitness center at either but when I started this thread the hotels were unknowns so I stayed at both and can say the IC is a tier higher than the Hilton as hotels go.
I wholeheartedly agree with Camino1's assessment of the two hotels, though I've never used the fitness center at the IC.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I was assigned a suite on the 9th floor. It was 2 separate rooms with one set up as the living room and the other as a bedroom. The welcome gift was chocolate, a bottle of cab (I'm a white wine drinker, passed this one along to a friend and didn't pay attention to the name on the bottle) and a few pieces of fruit.

I had a continuing problem with the room key not working for access to the 14th club floor, or working once and then not a second time. With all the up and downs to get new keys, I never did have time to stop by the club but the letter I received offered free access.

I had an issue when I called down to request more water for the mini bar (I repeated mini bar multiple times!), and instead returned to the room to find my water and a $22 room service receipt for the 2.5 liters -- I don't think so! The front desk took care of it for me without a problem.

The amb desks were never staffed whenever I went downstairs but the front desk, mostly "Trainees" did a great job and there were no problems.

The gym was okay and included some mats, a ball and enough cardio equipment to go around. They had free weights as well as machines and some fixed weight bars. It wasn't the newest equipment, but was in good shape.
Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ICH Ambassador, HH Gold VIP, Starwood Platinum Preferred, UA Premier, AA, Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by GoingAway
(I'm a white wine drinker, passed this one along to a friend and didn't pay attention to the name on the bottle) and a few pieces of fruit.
Maybe we could convince IC to opt for white wines sometimes. For me it is a necessity because I cannot digest reds well.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 8:26 am

Programs: ICH Platinum Royal Ambassador Member, SPG Gold, Honnors Silver, Delta
IC New Orleans

I have an upcoming 5 night stay in New Orleans, as an RA is it necessary to book club level or would I automatically get upgraded to club level. I mean the rates are so cheap in August I'd just pay but why waste money if not needed. It does look like they try to keep the average Joes out of the suites. King room 129.00 and the King intercontinental room for $150, and the executive suite prices jump up to $550 and $750 per night.

Any idea what kind of upgrades they give here?
Old Jul 21, 2008, 11:30 am

Programs: IHG Amb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Avis P'sC, AAA-Plus
Was there this past December, was upgraded to a huge suite but was not given access to the Club Lounge.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, United MP Premier, Alaska Air, BA, Qantas, ANZ
Was there nearly 2 years ago, upgraded to a nice corner suite, red wine gift. Didn't know they had a Club.

I liked my stay and would return.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
The last time I stayed there was a 1-night stay a few months ago. Upgraded to a suite on the club floor with access to the lounge. Rate was a corporate rate of around $150. Gift was a bottle of wine.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 1:24 am

Programs: IC - Plat Ambassador, HH - G, AA - G, VS -G RJ - S, EK
Ic Nola

Was there in February. Paid cheapest advance rate was given a suite on the Club Floor with lounge access.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by BarmyArnie
Was there in February. Paid cheapest advance rate was given a suite on the Club Floor with lounge access.
Same for me for a 2 night stay in June - gift was a chocolate 'fleur-de-lys'. One of the nicest RA experiences I have had, couldn't fault the room or the service, and I loved New Orleans.
Old Sep 12, 2010, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I also had a great stay here over Labor Day weekend (Southern Decadence).
I was paying $114/night and was on the 25K promo (2 nights' stay gives 25K PC points). I'm Ambassador (not RA) and got treated well!
My friend decided to join me in NO and booked his own room on Hotwire, for $95/night. He also got the IC!
So at checkin he was given a standard (but nice) room on the 9th floor. Furnishings are definitely worn, but generally a decent place. It's often VERY cheap ($89 for the weekend I was there with a week advance purch); I've seen it even cheaper on occasion in low season. That said, for high season, I wouldn't be thrilled with paying $200 for the caliber room offered, I guess.
For me, I was upgraded "4 or 5 categories" to the Parlour Suite! Excellent room, corner suite, size of 2 rooms, with newer furnishings.
I think the key is to come for big tourist weekends when they fill up their rooms with Hotwire bookings, and then they upgrade their IC Elites to better-than-normal rooms.
Club access was offered for $30/night, which is a good deal if you're going to be in the hotel (but since the French Quarter is only a 5-10 minute walk away, we were out a lot). Also, on a screen near check-in was a listing of "upgrade prices": Deluxe $20, Parlour Suite $80, and the next suite was $100.
Decent gym and pool, not amazing but newer equipment and furnishings. Love the location, really good!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.