FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:24 pm
GoingAway
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
I was assigned a suite on the 9th floor. It was 2 separate rooms with one set up as the living room and the other as a bedroom. The welcome gift was chocolate, a bottle of cab (I'm a white wine drinker, passed this one along to a friend and didn't pay attention to the name on the bottle) and a few pieces of fruit.

I had a continuing problem with the room key not working for access to the 14th club floor, or working once and then not a second time. With all the up and downs to get new keys, I never did have time to stop by the club but the letter I received offered free access.

I had an issue when I called down to request more water for the mini bar (I repeated mini bar multiple times!), and instead returned to the room to find my water and a $22 room service receipt for the 2.5 liters -- I don't think so! The front desk took care of it for me without a problem.

The amb desks were never staffed whenever I went downstairs but the front desk, mostly "Trainees" did a great job and there were no problems.

The gym was okay and included some mats, a ball and enough cardio equipment to go around. They had free weights as well as machines and some fixed weight bars. It wasn't the newest equipment, but was in good shape.