FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC New Orleans Master Thread (Archive Thread) - pre 2013 renovation
Old Dec 4, 2006, 1:18 am
Casimir

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
My wife and I stayed there for Thanksgiving week, and I have stayed there several times before, both before and after Katrina.

NO itself does seem still to be depopulated. However, many if not most of the great restaurants are opened or are opening soon. The Quarter was largely untouced, and to the extent that places have not reopened with their full schedule it is because a lack of staff, an excuse we heard a number of times as have othe posters.

At the IC, we received an upgrade to a two room corner suite which was very comfortable and tastefully appointed. We had two minibars -- one was empty, and the other had sodas, some beer and a bottle of white wine, but no liquour. We received our fruit plate and a bottle of wine and water. The hotel was pretty empty, and room service, though thinly staffed, always had our food within a half hour. We had no problem with the "Do Not Disturb" sign (though others have, I never had at this hotel). Valet and luggage services were all good.

NOLA is a favorite city of mine, and the IC has always been great to me as an RA. I either get a corner suite or a very large suite, and they always meet all RA conditions without having to be reminded. I hope the poster who's going soon will enjoy it and report back.