Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IC Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale Master Thread (No longer an IC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale Master Thread (No longer an IC)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Thumbs up IC Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale Master Thread (No longer an IC)

The new InterContinental Montelucia Resort & Spa Scottsdale is offering an amazing spring break package for only $175 per night for stays April 4-13.

This deal is $200 OFF peak-season rates and includes the following extras:

$50 restaurant and bar credit per stay
FREE upgrade to a Kasbah Village Poolside Room, Camelback Mountain View or Oasis Village Room ($50 value)

Also available: Stay any other date through June 13 for only $20 more per night, including these extras.

Blackout Dates: March 27, 28; April 1-3, 14-16; May 1-5, 17-19

Beyond the Deal... President Obama and his entourage recently stayed at the InterContinental Montelucia Resort while on his economic-stimulus national tour.

Zoo offer

InterContinental reservation link for the Zoo offer
Old Apr 2, 2009, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

This is a great rate for the IC Montelucia! Is the 10k points bonus still valid?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jpdx
This is a great rate for the IC Montelucia! Is the 10k points bonus still valid?
You had to book by the end of Feb for that promo.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 3:04 pm

It was extended for bookings until the end of March, but unfortunately now its even too late for that....................unless they extend it again.............^
Old May 11, 2009, 8:06 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
There's a new Travelzoo offer for the Montelucia at $95 for an Oasis/Kasbah Village room and no resort fee payable.

http://hotels.travelzoo.com/lodging-hotels/582390

Has anyone had experience with Travelzoo rates at this hotel posting as qualifying stays or RA benefits provided?

Last edited by davidw70; May 11, 2009 at 9:14 pm
Old May 13, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat, PC Plat ambassador, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Gold BW Diamond
travel zoo rates and posted miles

I confirmed when making 2 upcoming travel zoo rate bookings that the rates qualify, and in both cases I was told they did qualify. both bookings are next week, so we will so see
Old May 13, 2009, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by davidw70
There's a new Travelzoo offer for the Montelucia at $95 for an Oasis/Kasbah Village room and no resort fee payable.

Has anyone had experience with Travelzoo rates at this hotel posting as qualifying stays or RA benefits provided?
I've used Travelzoo rates on both of my stays at this property. Full RA privileges were given, and credit for stay/points. For $95 a night and waiving of resort fees, this is a fabulous deal.
Old May 13, 2009, 9:01 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
They do qualify and with the $95 rate you also get two free pool side drinks

What a bargain....

Originally Posted by davidw70

Old May 13, 2009, 10:20 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent/MR Gold/ HH Diamond/National/MGM/Amex
These deals amaze me. This has been one of my all time favorite ICs (the guest service was AMAZING). Not to mention it being one of the "top 140 new hotels in the world" as listed in the new Conde Nast Traveler mag. 95$?!
Old May 14, 2009, 11:49 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Originally Posted by wonderbret
These deals amaze me. This has been one of my all time favorite ICs (the guest service was AMAZING). Not to mention it being one of the "top 140 new hotels in the world" as listed in the new Conde Nast Traveler mag. 95$?!
Completely agree - I was happy with the rate I had booked, but if a better rate comes along, I might as well take advantage of it! Of course, we are entering low season for Scottsdale shortly, so I guess that partly explains the very low rates.
Old May 14, 2009, 8:34 pm

Just received an email offering a $125 "The Great Escape" rate w/ $50 resort credit:

The "Great Escape" package includes:

Rates from $125 with a $50 resort credit!

to use in Joya Spa, Prado Restaurant, Kasbah Pool Bar & Grille, Crave Café or wherever you wish!

The $50 credit is included in each night stay. Subject to availability, valid from June 1 to September 3 – must book by May 31 and mention “Great Escape” at time of booking. Valid for Arizona residents only, valid form of ID may be requested at check-in.

To book, call (480) 627-3200
The Travelzoo rate is better, of course, and it doesn't have the residency restriction (even though I'm not sure why they're sending me this, considering that I'm not an AZ resident).
Old May 15, 2009, 12:03 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
I've used Travelzoo rates on both of my stays at this property. Full RA privileges were given, and credit for stay/points. For $95 a night and waiving of resort fees, this is a fabulous deal.
Very interested to hear what kind of RA UG you got ? As I read it this rate is for a Kasbah poolside room, and when previously inquired about what room I would need to book for my RA UG to be to a suite I was told Kasbah Poolside - so I'm interested to know if you got the suite UG.
Old May 15, 2009, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by dgwright99
Very interested to hear what kind of RA UG you got ? As I read it this rate is for a Kasbah poolside room, and when previously inquired about what room I would need to book for my RA UG to be to a suite I was told Kasbah Poolside - so I'm interested to know if you got the suite UG.
Not sure who told you the bolded part.....................but RA upgrade is pretty consistantly to a corner suite at this property no matter if the cheapest room (Bocce building) is booked or not. Note that the corner suites don't seem to have a great view of the pools, maybe if you book the Kasbah you get a Suite with a better view of the pool? Thanks jpdx for posting your offer. Just wondering though, did it mention anything about the resort fee being waived? If not, that $50 credit basically drops down to a $25 credit, which isn't any better than the Travelzoo rate. If the Resort Fee is waived, that offer is better if you plan on spening at least $50 per night there. ^
Old May 15, 2009, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by dgwright99
The first time, I booked the cheapest TZ rate; upgrade was to 1-bedroom suite with a Camelback view in the Fountain Village.

Second time, I booked a TZ special that included a "free upgrade" to Kasbah or Oasis village; I chose the Oasis, but my RA upgrade put us in a 1-bedroom suite in the Kasbah village, overlooking the pool, with a view of Camelback.
Old May 15, 2009, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Not sure who told you the bolded part.....................but RA upgrade is pretty consistantly to a corner suite at this property no matter if the cheapest room (Bocce building) is booked or not. Note that the corner suites don't seem to have a great view of the pools, maybe if you book the Kasbah you get a Suite with a better view of the pool?
For our first stay (which may have occurred on the only day they were ever close to capacity), we booked 1 KING BED KASBAH VILLAGE POOLSIDE ($295 for Fri and $595 for Sat ) and received an upgrade to the worst possible Suite (in the Kasbah village, ground floor, handicap accessible, no view). So there doesn't seem to be any strong correlation between room type booked and the type of suite received; in fact, I assumed all RAs and As received suite upgrades (the staff we've encountered have been poorly trained, and we've been mistaken for As once, and still received a suite).

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Thanks jpdx for posting your offer. Just wondering though, did it mention anything about the resort fee being waived? If not, that $50 credit basically drops down to a $25 credit, which isn't any better than the Travelzoo rate. If the Resort Fee is waived, that offer is better if you plan on spening at least $50 per night there. ^
Nothing about the resort fee being waived, so I assume this translates into a $25 credit per day. For my stay patterns, the Travelzoo rate is better, but if you stay for an extended period of time, this offer may work out better. For anyone who considers their spa services, keep in mind that their prices are astronomical, so the $50 credit won't take you very far (great spa, though).

On another note, I continue to be underwhelmed with the customer service at this property. I emailed twice to inquire about RA upgrades when booking a MONTELUCIA SIGNATURE SUITE, and they did not deem it necessary to respond. Also, no response to my note to the manager re: BOGO issues (they argued with us for 1/2 hour at checkout about their right to charge us for the second night). Beautiful property, but run by amateurs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.