Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India and the Star Alliance [Pre-confirmation discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India and the Star Alliance [Pre-confirmation discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by HMPS
When does full integration happen ? Redeeming USDM on AI ?
its going to take a while....if all goes well from here then i expect it to happen in mid 2015....
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:20 am

USDM is going to One world from Star on March 30,2014. So you would not be able to redeem USDM on AI.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:49 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Last year around this time I had the pleasure of irreg affecting my LH connection. The AI agents let me peek at the their screens and its amazing how far they already were integrated in terms of systems back then. The former IC agents in CCU and BOM domestic were pretty decent and open about everything. The AI side of things (intl DEL and intl BOM) was , but managable.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I hope they do join. Really would help having a *A partner in India.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I hope they do join. Really would help having a *A partner in India.
Good availability right?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Keyser
its going to take a while....if all goes well from here then i expect it to happen in mid 2015....
" Ab Delhi door nahi " !

That is a long wait. Too many things can go wrong.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: Jet Privilege
Air India's induction is happening this year itself guys, mid 2014

Personally, I believe AI is the best domestic carrier right now and their long haul international product is also quite competitive. AI cops more than its fair share of criticism mostly.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Vishal Mehra

Personally, I believe AI is the best domestic carrier right now and their long haul international product is also quite competitive. AI cops more than its fair share of criticism mostly.
Have you seen the thread on the Centaur hotel?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
source????

ai is nowhere close to being the best domestic carrier....their long haul international product is not too bad but their ground operations are a mess....

just last week i had to make a trip to the ai city office to change a booking....something simple that pretty much every other airline in the world does online or over the phone....they have information on their website that is either outdated or not true....ground staff at the airport are often clueless....flights are often delayed & no explanation is given....these are not characteristics of the best domestic carrier....
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:39 am

Gentlemen, Induction will happen this year only.

For now, take this as source

Yes, I agree, there are few irritants, which are mind numbing in a way but I'm sure these will be sorted by the time they are inducted into *A

My experience with ground staff has never been too bad, as far as flight delays are concerned I have always trusted AI especially in Delhi's foggy weather. It has been my preferred domestic carrier for a while now.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:40 am

While we are at *A, do you guys think TATA-SIA will be inducted as the 2nd airline from India?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While we are at *A, do you guys think TATA-SIA will be inducted as the 2nd airline from India?
too soon to comment on that....
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gentlemen, Induction will happen this year only.

For now, take this as source
i'll believe it once its done....this has been going on for far too long....

Yes, I agree, there are few irritants, which are mind numbing in a way but I'm sure these will be sorted by the time they are inducted into *A

My experience with ground staff has never been too bad, as far as flight delays are concerned I have always trusted AI especially in Delhi's foggy weather. It has been my preferred domestic carrier for a while now.
i've taken close to 50 flights between del-bbi-del over the last year....i can only count a handful that have been on time....in the last year i've taken another 25-30 flights between ixd-del & not a single one has been on time....

my last ixd-del flight was a few weeks ago....at the very last moment they inform me that this flight has now been changed to ixd-bom-del, making a short 1 & a half hour journey now almost 7 hours long....when i told them to cancel my ticket they did so & charged a cancellation fee which i then had to fight to get refunded....

another ixd-del flight a few months ago was cancelled by ai....i had used miles for my colleague's ticket....ai refunded my miles minus a penalty for 500 miles which they claim is the general cancellation charge for an award ticket....mind you, this is a flight they cancelled, not me....

about 6 months ago i was flying goi-del with a stopover in bom....a stopover that was supposed to be for 40 minutes turns into 3 & a half hours with no information given to the passengers on when the flight would leave....

i could go on & on....these are more than a few mind numbing irritants....these are genuine problems that ai has & they refuse to do anything about it....
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Hearing rumors of DEL-SVO starting up and a seasonal GOI-SVO with 332/788 eqpt. Also double dailies into FRA and IST!

is this linked to Star entry?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:29 pm

DEL-FCO is also supposed to begin this winter/spring.

Even once integration happens, AI's fares are still so much higher than the LCC competitors that this will unlikely affect revenue. The model must change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.