Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Official India-based Airlines Award Availability Check Request Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official India-based Airlines Award Availability Check Request Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 5:30 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
Trying to figure out the FLying returns redemption process.. anyone could advice on the following, plz:

2. How do you determine the tax on any flight.. the website is not showing me anything.. for e.g I am looking for BLR-CCU in march (around 11th).

3. How do you see/check availability ??

4. How do I actually book it.. the online functionality doesn't seem to work..
for 2,3 and 4. go to flyingreturns.co.in log on to your account. on the left panel after logging in there is an option. book a flight: pay with miles. click on it, choose your flights, you will get availability, thereafter choose a flight that you want and click next. when you get to the next page you will get the tax breakup. however, to get to this page you need sufficient miles for that redemption
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:00 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
for 2,3 and 4. go to flyingreturns.co.in log on to your account. on the left panel after logging in there is an option. book a flight: pay with miles. click on it, choose your flights, you will get availability, thereafter choose a flight that you want and click next. when you get to the next page you will get the tax breakup. however, to get to this page you need sufficient miles for that redemption
And that's where i am stumped.. I do not want to transfer the miles, without knowing how much tax is to be paid.. parking miles in AI is a bad idea..
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
So the full award booking can be done online? I thought one had to go to an AI office to do this.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

1. If I transfer miles from Amex MR India account, to my flying returns account, how many days does it usually take to appear on the account ??
Assuming that AI charges YQ, wouldn't it be better to use it for something else?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 3:12 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Assuming that AI charges YQ, wouldn't it be better to use it for something else?
The Amex India account MR are not exactly the pot of points that would give better value anywhere else.. depending on the amount of YQ they charge, this might be a good deal..

Problem is that there is a good deal of information about AI that I DON'T HAVE.. how much YQ they charge, what is there redemption chart for SQ and how much YQ they charge there.. and so on..
Old Feb 27, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
The Amex India account MR are not exactly the pot of points that would give better value anywhere else.. depending on the amount of YQ they charge, this might be a good deal..

Problem is that there is a good deal of information about AI that I DON'T HAVE.. how much YQ they charge, what is there redemption chart for SQ and how much YQ they charge there.. and so on..
Use ITA to get a breakdown of YQ and other taxes for your route(s).

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
So the full award booking can be done online? I thought one had to go to an AI office to do this.
not anymore....
Old Feb 28, 2014, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
call ai....they will tell you exactly how much they will charge on each route....
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:47 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Quote:

And that's where i am stumped.. I do not want to transfer the miles, without knowing how much tax is to be paid.. parking miles in AI is a bad idea..
The entire process can be completed online. In fact if you go to the ticketing. Office you don't even need to go to reservation, then flying returnes then back to reservation to complete this. Reservations can do it all by themselves.
As for charges, if you are flying domestic, it depends on what airport you are flying out of. 223 rupees is the absolute minimum that you can get a redemption for. If the airport charges udf, adf then that also needs to be added. Air india does not charge YQ for redemption. If you are flying international then charges increase to a rough estimate of around 7k-10k per ticket all inclusive. As far as I know these charges are same for Y and J.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 8:25 am
Used to be ' simz '

Thanks Speedfreak.. that's some cool information..
Old Mar 5, 2014, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
not anymore....
Good to know. When did this change happen?
Old Mar 6, 2014, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to know. When did this change happen?
its been this way for a number of years now....they stopped it in between for a few months a couple of years ago but since then there has been no need to go to the city office for a redemption booking....
Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:55 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Guys, need a quick award search help and queries..Medical situation..

1) if I transfer miles from PM to AI flying return, how many days will it take ? Can you transfer to your spouses' account, instead of my own Flying return account.

2) I am able to check for the following awards, but unable to book it, as i don't have the miles yet.. HYD-CCU (Apr 27th) and CCU-BLR (6th Apr). Need to know the exact tax amount that AI will charge..

3) Does the AI redemption function work reliably, or do I need to visit their office to get this done..

Thanks in advance..
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) if I transfer miles from PM to AI flying return, how many days will it take ? Can you transfer to your spouses' account, instead of my own Flying return account.
they say it can take upto 6 weeks but i've transferred a bunch of times & its never taken more than 3-4 days....you can only transfer to your account....but you can link your spouses ai account with yours & pool the miles....

2) I am able to check for the following awards, but unable to book it, as i don't have the miles yet.. HYD-CCU (Apr 27th) and CCU-BLR (6th Apr). Need to know the exact tax amount that AI will charge..
ccu-blr on 6th april - 11k miles + inr 624....

hyd-ccu on 27th april - 9.5k miles + inr 147....

3) Does the AI redemption function work reliably, or do I need to visit their office to get this done..
its reliable enough....no need to visit the office....
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:30 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by Keyser
they say it can take upto 6 weeks but i've transferred a bunch of times & its never taken more than 3-4 days....you can only transfer to your account....but you can link your spouses ai account with yours & pool the miles....

ccu-blr on 6th april - 11k miles + inr 624....

hyd-ccu on 27th april - 9.5k miles + inr 147....

its reliable enough....no need to visit the office....
You are a life saver.. thanks again..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.