Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

question about 9W miles redemption on partner airlines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2013, 12:18 am
Original Poster

So i am trying consume 9W miles i have and thought will try partner redemption. I went to jetairways site and filed a form with dates and sector and gave me indicative miles required.

After a week, i get an email asking to give a copy of passport for traveller to which i responded with a copy but asked a question if i can know the cash component and which airlines is it going to be. The response to that was, all details will be provided when the final ticket is created. I am not even sure if i am going to confirm this.

So its been 15 days since i originally filed the form and i still don't know if i will get the flight and what will be the cash component.

Is this the normal process or am i missing something?
Old May 5, 2013, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this is very normal for jet....lots of info in these threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...ions-here.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...s-program.html
Old May 5, 2013, 3:40 am
Original Poster

So you can really only book tickets on partner airlines with Jet if you plan at least few months in advance, right?
Old May 5, 2013, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mohitmadaan
So you can really only book tickets on partner airlines with Jet if you plan at least few months in advance, right?
as of late this has been the case....but if you push them then it can be sooner as well....

i sent in a partner redemption request on monday & from the next day onwards kept calling them everyday to get it done quicker....on friday i received the email with all the booking details & i confirmed right away to get the ticket issued....i had the confirmed booking the following day....so it took 5 days....
Old May 13, 2013, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
as of late this has been the case....but if you push them then it can be sooner as well....

i sent in a partner redemption request on monday & from the next day onwards kept calling them everyday to get it done quicker....on friday i received the email with all the booking details & i confirmed right away to get the ticket issued....i had the confirmed booking the following day....so it took 5 days....
I am sure the Plat status helped but i see your point.
Old May 13, 2013, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mohitmadaan
I am sure the Plat status helped but i see your point.
trust me, plat status makes no difference to them....
Old May 13, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
+1.
Old May 24, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
+1..

My nightmares with partner redemptions through Jet are endless. Spotted and informed a technical error almost a year ago to Jet. It is still not rectified...
Old May 29, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold

What number do you call?
Old May 29, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SQueeze
What number do you call?
The Jet JP number - you can speak to a (clueless) JP representative, but you will never be transferred to the redemptions desk - probably because they also have no idea what to reply to you...

In any case, on the rare occasion, the partner desk rep (more likely the senior JP rep) will call you back to clarify if you have any issues.
Old May 30, 2013, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
The Jet JP number - you can speak to a (clueless) JP representative, but you will never be transferred to the redemptions desk - probably because they also have no idea what to reply to you...

In any case, on the rare occasion, the partner desk rep (more likely the senior JP rep) will call you back to clarify if you have any issues.
unfortunately this is correct....

its unbelievable that in this day & age they take so long to follow up on such a simple request....the part that bugs me is that they can do so right away but choose not to....earlier this year i had put in a partner redemption request about a month before my flight....they checked with a couple of partner airlines & told me there was no availability at the moment but they would continue to check till the last moment....2 days before my flight i called them to ask what the situation was....they said there was still no availability with both the partners they had checked with....i asked them if they had checked with the remaining 4-5 other partners that flew this route as well & of course they had not done so....i yelled at them a bit, spoke to a supervisor, stayed on hold for 45 minutes & the end result was that they managed to get me a booking with one of the partners they hadn't bother to check with....

this just proves that it would take them no longer than 45 minutes to confirm a booking if they really wanted to....making us wait for weeks & sometimes months is just a joke....
Old May 30, 2013, 2:28 am

unfortunately this is correct....

its unbelievable that in this day & age they take so long to follow up on such a simple request....the part that bugs me is that they can do so right away but choose not to....earlier this year i had put in a partner redemption request about a month before my flight....they checked with a couple of partner airlines & told me there was no availability at the moment but they would continue to check till the last moment....2 days before my flight i called them to ask what the situation was....they said there was still no availability with both the partners they had checked with....i asked them if they had checked with the remaining 4-5 other partners that flew this route as well & of course they had not done so....i yelled at them a bit, spoke to a supervisor, stayed on hold for 45 minutes & the end result was that they managed to get me a booking with one of the partners they hadn't bother to check with....

this just proves that it would take them no longer than 45 minutes to confirm a booking if they really wanted to....making us wait for weeks & sometimes months is just a joke....
OMG - all I can say is: "Wow, Wow!"

(I guess it did indeed prove my point about the redemptions desk not knowing anything...)

Good you managed to get something in the end, but this is similar to water-torture for frequent flyers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.