Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways ICICI Bank credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by vishalchopda
Not sure whether this has been asked before or some one else is also facing this issue.

I received my ICICI Jet American Express card last week. I generated the safe key successfully and received my ATM/POS pin too.

I have also done successfully two transactions on paytm.com. But I am facing issue doing transactions on flipkart.com and amazon.in. On flipkart upon entering the credit card no it says international cards not accepted. So for some reason flipkart is recognizing by ICICI Jet Amex as international Amex card. On amazon, after I enter my card details and expiry it asks for pincode (?) instead of usual CVV. Also, it does not go to safekey page only and directly says "thanks for doing the transaction" but after some time I receive an sms saying transaction has failed. On checking with amazon they say check with your bank while ICICI says it is issue with the merchants since the card is working on paytm.com. My problem is I do most of my online transactions on flipkart or amazon so the card usage with drastically come down if this issue is not resolved.

Has anyone else faced this issue and is there any solution?

Thanks.

Vishal
I had the same problem on Amazon. Instead of pin code, type your 4 digit CVV when you pay using your Amex card and it will magically work
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: 9W, Flying Returns
Originally Posted by akg7091
I had the same problem on Amazon. Instead of pin code, type your 4 digit CVV when you pay using your Amex card and it will magically work
Thanks akg7091 for the reply.

Although, I tried what you suggested it did not work. Eventually I had to email flipkart, amazon and icici details of the problem along with screenshots. Finally, icici managed to solve the problem and now I am able to do transactions.

One more thing, I have received the welcome JP Miles and I have also paid the card fees. When do I receive the free ticket code?

Thanks.
Vishal
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have not been keeping track of my jp account as i have not been flying with jet for a while now....but i have been using both my jet branded hdfc & icici cards on a regular basis....a couple of days ago i logged onto my jp account & noticed that i have not received any miles against spends on my icici card for the last 3 months....

i checked my icici statements for the last 3 months & it states that 9,998 miles for july, 14,396 miles for august & 6,193 miles for september have been transferred to my jp account but none of them have posted so far....

i called icici & they said the miles have been transferred from their end & i should get in touch with jet....i called jet & they said they have not received the miles & i should get in touch with icici....after a couple of days of blaming each other i finally spoke with a supervisor at icici today who gave me 2 emails addresses, one for the bank & the other for the airline & said i should send them both the information regarding the missing miles & they would get back to me in 48 hours....

has anyone else faced anything like this????
Old Sep 11, 2015, 11:55 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
this happened with my indusind card at a point of time. I went back to the airline, they confirmed with the bank and then posted the miles.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
this happened with my indusind card at a point of time. I went back to the airline, they confirmed with the bank and then posted the miles.
a week later i am still at the same place i started with both the airline & the bank blaming each other....

i've sent emails to both & am waiting to see what they say next....
Old Sep 23, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: 9W PLT, EK Gold, SPG Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Trident PLT, Taj Gold, EY Gold, Mariott/Ritz Gold
Hi Keyser,

This happened with me the very first month of having the card (no. of miles in question was low ~4000) and at the end I gave up and just cancelled the card having got the welcome benefit (This was when ICICI was doling out free miles as welcome benefit to JPP as well)

My suggestion would be to threaten to cancel the card and have the escalation desk solve the situation and in future stay away from the icici monkeys!
Old Sep 25, 2015, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sidflyertalk
Hi Keyser,

This happened with me the very first month of having the card (no. of miles in question was low ~4000) and at the end I gave up and just cancelled the card having got the welcome benefit (This was when ICICI was doling out free miles as welcome benefit to JPP as well)

My suggestion would be to threaten to cancel the card and have the escalation desk solve the situation and in future stay away from the icici monkeys!
so here is an update....i got the miles for august but am still missing the miles for july & september....icici has assured they are looking into it & will eventually credit the miles....i've stopped following up now & am not using the card anymore till all the miles credit correctly....
Old Jan 23, 2016, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Wrong thread

Last edited by onlysuites; Jan 25, 2016 at 3:36 am
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: JetPrivilege Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, OW Enrich Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Taj Innercircle Gold
Folks,
Do any of these cards allow to get Jet Plat membership. I was jet plat earlier and hence miles never expired. I moved out of India for some time, became gold and suddenly some 50-60K miles are expiring....Need to get back to JetPlat somehow to avoid expiry....What is the easiest way?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by gvipin
Folks,
Do any of these cards allow to get Jet Plat membership. I was jet plat earlier and hence miles never expired. I moved out of India for some time, became gold and suddenly some 50-60K miles are expiring....Need to get back to JetPlat somehow to avoid expiry....What is the easiest way?
If you have any of the Jet-branded cards, they say that your miles do not expire.

However, I really don't know whether ones that are now expiring will be prevented from expiring...

I would call JP to find out - trusting that you would get someone knowledgeable - *and*/or write them an e-mail.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
If you have any of the Jet-branded cards, they say that your miles do not expire.

However, I really don't know whether ones that are now expiring will be prevented from expiring...

I would call JP to find out - trusting that you would get someone knowledgeable - *and*/or write them an e-mail.
I have 140k expiring this month which Jet will not extend as they are claiming that only miles that you earn from ICICI card are extended under this offer.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I have 140k expiring this month which Jet will not extend as they are claiming that only miles that you earn from ICICI card are extended under this offer.
Are they stating this in writing?

If so, then good to know - and time for you to blow them off on a redemption!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are they stating this in writing?

If so, then good to know - and time for you to blow them off on a redemption!
Yeah. This is the email that I got.

This is with reference to your email

We wish you to inform you that JP miles of Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card miles is not expiring before 2018. But JpP miles of JT airways will get expire as the law of Jet airways. Kindly refer the attachment to refer the JP miles of ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card miles is not expiring before 2018.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ime for you to blow them off on a redemption!
You kidding! There isn't one decent redemption left on JP now!
Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Yeah. This is the email that I got.
I seriously doubt that they would be able to track this in any case, but whatever...

It's always time to blow off Jet (miles) - but *so* difficult to do so!

Last time I was only able to upgrade revenue tix - but that's a really bad return for the miles!

They can never move their rear ends to execute a partner redemption on LH, et al.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.