Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways ICICI Bank credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I seriously doubt that they would be able to track this in any case, but whatever...

It's always time to blow off Jet (miles) - but *so* difficult to do so!

Last time I was only able to upgrade revenue tix - but that's a really bad return for the miles!

They can never move their rear ends to execute a partner redemption on LH, et al.
Partner redemptions are a pain. Its so difficult to redeem when you can't speak with someone.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Question.

We were in India for 3 weeks last month and had a terrible time using our credit card at retail stores and paying for items. No such problems at 5/4 star hotels but the same credit cards were not usable at the textile stores as the owners kept asking us to key in a 4 digit pin number which we do not use in the UK.

Anyone heard about this problem happening?

Retail stores must sure lose a lot of overseas retail business/customers this way.

Or is this problem to do with outdated credit card machines?
Old Feb 25, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by wolf72
Question.

We were in India for 3 weeks last month and had a terrible time using our credit card at retail stores and paying for items. No such problems at 5/4 star hotels but the same credit cards were not usable at the textile stores as the owners kept asking us to key in a 4 digit pin number which we do not use in the UK.

Anyone heard about this problem happening?

Retail stores must sure lose a lot of overseas retail business/customers this way.

Or is this problem to do with outdated credit card machines?
If your credit card has a chip, then you should speak to your bank about obtaining a PIN.

In the US, banks are issuing credit cards with chips - but we do not require a PIN. These work fine here in India.

Even the older cards also swipe fine through machines in India.

Did you try having them swipe the cards using the magnetic strip?

All the Indian cards I have with a chip require a PIN.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
If your credit card has a chip, then you should speak to your bank about obtaining a PIN.

In the US, banks are issuing credit cards with chips - but we do not require a PIN. These work fine here in India.

Even the older cards also swipe fine through machines in India.

Did you try having them swipe the cards using the magnetic strip?

All the Indian cards I have with a chip require a PIN.
All our cards have chips. So I am guessing next time we head to india, we need to make sure we have pin numbers then..

Oh well...was incredibly fustrating because we ended up using up all the cash we brought for emergencies and having to then change cash at hotels and getting run through the ringers with their exchange rates...

Lesson learnt.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I want to close my ICICI card going forward the redemptions on Jet require too many points. What are my alternatives? I have the Citibank card so wanted a second one from a different bank.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I want to close my ICICI card going forward the redemptions on Jet require too many points. What are my alternatives? I have the Citibank card so wanted a second one from a different bank.
HDFC Diners Black card is a good option.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by techankur
HDFC Diners Black card is a good option.
Can you make online payments from this card? To say Airtel?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:41 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by wolf72
the owners kept asking us to key in a 4 digit pin number which we do not use in the UK.
That's surprising. Chip and pin has been mandatory for all UK issued cards for almost a decade now. In fact, the UK was one of the first countries globally to start this enforcement...
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Can you make online payments from this card? To say Airtel?
It works at most of the e-wallet companies such as PayTM through which you pay your Airtel and other utility bills.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by manish83
It works at most of the e-wallet companies such as PayTM through which you pay your Airtel and other utility bills.
Cool. Thank you.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:42 am

Hi, Please can someone confirm, which version of Visa (Infinity or Signature) they issue for Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card. Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:53 am

Originally Posted by agarwaga
Hi, Please can someone confirm, which version of Visa (Infinity or Signature) they issue for Jet Airways ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card. Thanks in advance.
Signature
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by techankur
Signature
Thank you.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:03 am

Are there any good reasons to hold this card (ICICI Sapphiro) anymore? Apart from the free ticket code, which you need to book well in advance to be able to use. The only thing I used to use this card for was the small Amex lounge in Terminal 1A in Mumbai. I believe that isn't around anymore, and in any case Jet has moved to T2 since.
Old May 16, 2017, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
would anyone know if the 5kg extra baggage allowance that you get through this card is applicable on award bookings????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.